Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 478910111419 ... LastLast

Thread: ClubSNAPpers in Melbourne..

Default Re: ClubSnappers in Melbourne..

Quote Originally Posted by harnamsc View Post
    Just wanna ask, how much to rent a Sony A33 or A55? I'm thinking of switching to that camera system.
    Hi harnamsc,

unfortunately we don't hold any Sony equipment here at the moment, we are still building up stock. The guys in CRC Singapore do have Sony gear though. Maybe you might want to check with them?

You coming here to study I suppose?

Regards,
    Mike
    The Camera Rental Centre Melbourne
    http://melbourne.camerarental.biz

Quote Originally Posted by Fallenphoenix View Post
    as long there is no more @#$@#$ pollen!
    Yah, this year's spring siao one. Lurching between winter and summer and raining buckets instead of the mild springs I've been used to. Pollen count really gets to me too, it almost caused a chest infection couple of weeks back when I was sick with the flu

Mike

Mike I'm amazed that there is a service for renting camera stuff. Could have tried out the Nikon 7000!
    Enlighten me...
    [Uluru]

Quote Originally Posted by MRSAMO View Post
    Mike I'm amazed that there is a service for renting camera stuff. Could have tried out the Nikon 7000!
    Hi MRSAMO, are you still in Australia? Or in Japan? If you're planning to pop into Melbourne any time you're always welcome to hit us up for a D7000!

Regards,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
    Awesome... found you guys after following clubsnap for 2 years... hahahahaha I am based over in newcastle (north of sydney) but hope to start work in melbourne in the coming year.. depends on my interview in dec.
    hope to catch up with some of you guys.. might need to find accommodation too if i come over so any lobang please help (once i can confirm the move)

Camerarental! heheh always go to the spore one when i head back for CNY. hope you guys will expand your gear sets and prosper here in Melbourne. Good pricing like in Spore is the aim!
    Thank you! We do hope to prosper here too (obviously). And yes we do aim for good pricing like the boys in SG. If you're coming to Melbourne, do say hi and support us ya?

What do you do in Newcastle? I was there in September for media work for the Royal Australian Air Force airshow. Pics can be found in my website (see my signtature)

Me? Study? No way mate. I'm migrating. I got my Aussie PR and I'm flying soon.

I don't think I'll have time to check with CRC Singapore. I'll probably take a closer look at the Sony A33 and A55 once I'm in Melbourne.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Y View Post
    Hi harnamsc,

unfortunately we don't hold any Sony equipment here at the moment, we are still building up stock. The guys in CRC Singapore do have Sony gear though. Maybe you might want to check with them?

You coming here to study I suppose?

Regards,
    Mike
    Currently based in Melbourne / No longer living in Singapore

Me? Study? No way mate. I'm migrating. I got my Aussie PR and I'm flying soon.
    Nice. Made the big move four years ago. Melbourne's a brilliant place to be for the most part. You'll love it!

Regards,
    Mike
    Website| Like us on Facebook!
    Tel: 0426 268339

Hi MRSAMO, are you still in Australia? Or in Japan? If you're planning to pop into Melbourne any time you're always welcome to hit us up for a D7000!

Regards,
    Mike
    Hey yeah I'm in Australia at the moment but just got a new camera so no need a D7000, but really wished I had a look before I did :-)

So where are you located? If you have a shop I can pop down one of these days.
    Enlighten me...
    [Uluru]

Nice. Made the big move four years ago. Melbourne's a brilliant place to be for the most part. You'll love it!

Regards,
    Mike
    So what is it about Australia that is better than Singapore?
    Enlighten me...
    [Uluru]

Hey yeah I'm in Australia at the moment but just got a new camera so no need a D7000, but really wished I had a look before I did :-)

So where are you located? If you have a shop I can pop down one of these days.
    Nevermind, if there's anything you'd like, you know who to ask! We don't have a shop (yet) but its certainly in our future plans.

More space, less people, easier-going lifestyle, nicer weather (mostly). I understand that these are quite subjective and might not everyone's cup of tea, but it works for me.

Don't get me wrong, Singapore will always be home and to me (and the Mrs) there's always a bond to SG, and in some areas Aust loses out to SG, but I'm very happy here at this point in time.

Regards,
    Mike
    Last edited by Mike Y; 1st December 2010 at 10:16 AM.

Just as MikeY has said, I agree to the much greater space (a lifetime of adventure holidays just within Victoria state), lesser crowds, more relaxed slower pace of life, cooler drier weather (good for some people with skin problems and no fungi growth in cameras/lenses), fresher food, cheap good wine (red for antioxidants, etc.

People are also more open-minded and less judgemental of what you do or what principles you live by. There is very little pressure to conform to a social mold and peer pressure. Having said that, you can shoot nude/erotic portraits without making news headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Jemapela View Post
    Just as MikeY has said, I agree to the much greater space (a lifetime of adventure holidays just within Victoria state), lesser crowds, more relaxed slower pace of life, cooler drier weather (good for some people with skin problems and no fungi growth in cameras/lenses), fresher food, cheap good wine (red for antioxidants, etc.

People are also more open-minded and less judgemental of what you do or what principles you live by. There is very little pressure to conform to a social mold and peer pressure. Having said that, you can shoot nude/erotic portraits without making news headlines.
    but bad pollen >.<

And the seafood, lets not forget about the cheap oysters and fresh sardines from the fishmongers and Victoria Market...........
    Currently based in Melbourne / No longer living in Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Fallenphoenix View Post
    but bad pollen >.<
    I agree that this spring's hay fever was really bad. It was the first time I got affected.

Otherwise, I think any hay fever still does not compare to being in a country where I can photograph nude/erotic and scenic landscape images to my heart's content. Never will Singapore be able to provide this kind of freedom and environment.

And the seafood, lets not forget about the cheap oysters and fresh sardines from the fishmongers and Victoria Market...........
    I don't think the seafood is that cheap anymore. Judging by the state of our oceans and natural fish stocks, scientists have recently predicted that we won't have any fish left to catch in about 20-30 years' time.

More space, less people, easier-going lifestyle, nicer weather (mostly). I understand that these are quite subjective and might not everyone's cup of tea, but it works for me.

Don't get me wrong, Singapore will always be home and to me (and the Mrs) there's always a bond to SG, and in some areas Aust loses out to SG, but I'm very happy here at this point in time.

Regards,
    Mike
    I see that you are into aviation photography? Nice crisp sharp images of aircraft in flight!!!

Interesting responses, did you guys have to renounce your sing. passport?

- I agree that pollen in Australia is pretty bad, worst in the UK
    - Less people in Melbourne compared to Sydney for sure but not the most predictable bunch
    - Driving anywhere and sightseeing in Australia has to be better than Singapore
    - More opportunities for photographers

But what I also like about Singapore
    - Better weather definitely, hayfever friendly and a little more predictable
    - Food! Cheaper and just as good
    - Much safer
    - Sim Lim square lol, its not fantastic but convenient to do all your shopping in one place
    - Cleaner...usually
    - Better public transport
    Enlighten me...
    [Uluru]

Interesting responses, did you guys have to renounce your sing. passport?

- I agree that pollen in Australia is pretty bad, worst in the UK
    - Less people in Melbourne compared to Sydney for sure but not the most predictable bunch
    - Driving anywhere and sightseeing in Australia has to be better than Singapore
    - More opportunities for photographers

But what I also like about Singapore
    - Better weather definitely, hayfever friendly and a little more predictable
    - Food! Cheaper and just as good
    - Much safer
    - Sim Lim square lol, its not fantastic but convenient to do all your shopping in one place
    - Cleaner...usually
    - Better public transport
    worse in UK?! @#$@$#@ pollen
    I suffered my first asthma attack ever for this hayfever pollen @#$#@$#@ season.

Yeah I got the same problem as you, have you tried nasal spray?

Just bought a humidifier and it makes a difference in my room. Worried about the effects of wet air with my PC and camera stuff so I cover them now.
    Enlighten me...
    [Uluru]

Yeah I got the same problem as you, have you tried nasal spray?

Just bought a humidifier and it makes a difference in my room. Worried about the effects of wet air with my PC and camera stuff so I cover them now.
    It work for the nose..but for not the windpipe sadly. When u reach the same sensitivity as me, humidifier actually make it worse due to the moist air coagulating the disintegrated pollen (intact pollen doesn't cause the hayfever, as it's too large to enter ur eyes and so on) to serve as a more potent delivery of much higher quantity. Hence, the thunderstorm asthma last week. My advise for those people who stay here for long term, please get the desensitization jab. The response will get worse every yr, just a matter of how bad it is. It would not get better. Mine has increased exponentially~

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 478910111419 ... LastLast