Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2710111213141722 ... LastLast

Thread: ClubSNAPpers in Melbourne..

Default Re: ClubSnappers in Melbourne..

Quote Originally Posted by Reim1o View Post
    Hello all, I'm new here. Joined CS long time ago, but I just found out about this thread.
    Welcome! I saw your portfolio and went on to your ModelMayhem portfolio. I saw some nice portrait shots including Melbourne's city scenery. Liked the Cherry Lake portrait. I also noticed you did some infrared with a Ricoh. I've been getting into IR recently, mostly for work research and experimentation. Getting a nice camera for IR is difficult and expensive. I converted a Canon EOS 5D Mark II for infrared at work in October but too bad it's not for me.
    Last edited by Jemapela; 9th December 2010 at 06:59 AM.

Thanks for the compliment. You have a really nice blog too.
    Yeah I converted my gx100 a while back. I removed the hot mirror inside and cut the glass from 3 filters, hot mirror, red, and ir to put in front of the lens.
    I'm thinking of doing the same thing with a NEX or m4/3 body, but I don't think I can handle the stress again of butchering a camera . Maybe I can hire your service?
    Also can you fix film cameras?

It was good meeting up with you Jemapela (for the second time). Received a bit of advice for my 7D which will definitely help with my trip. Next time we have to meet other than the city!
    Enlighten me...
    [Uluru]

Quote Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
    Hey Mike,
    I am doing my phd here in newcastle, med science research.
    definitely will support CRC melb! had always visited CRC in spore when i go back for cny... dunno if i can do that for the coming up CNY though
    Hi Eric, I'm not too familiar with your field so it might be totally irrelevant to you, but have you tried Monash Uni? My wife works there as an assistant to one of the professors, and they do have a big medical research program there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Y View Post
    Hi Eric, I'm not too familiar with your field so it might be totally irrelevant to you, but have you tried Monash Uni? My wife works there as an assistant to one of the professors, and they do have a big medical research program there.
    Hey MikeY,
    hmm I havnt looked over at Monash yet. Probably will have to look around. I have a friend working there too. hehehe.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
    Hey MikeY,
    hmm I havnt looked over at Monash yet. Probably will have to look around. I have a friend working there too. hehehe.
    Thanks!
    No worries Eric. Happy hunting!

Just a shout out to CSers in Melbourne, The Camera Rental Centre's phone and email will be manned every single day throughout the Christmas/New Year break. There will be no pickups/drop-offs during the gazetted Victorian Public Holidays (Dec 25-28, Jan 1 and Jan 3) but otherwise it will be business as usual on all the other days.

So if you're planning on going shooting during this period and want to rent some gear, come speak to us!

Regards,
    Mike
    The Camera Rental Centre Melbourne
    Website| Like us on Facebook!
    Tel: 0426 268339

Quote Originally Posted by Reim1o View Post
    Thanks for the compliment. You have a really nice blog too.
    Yeah I converted my gx100 a while back. I removed the hot mirror inside and cut the glass from 3 filters, hot mirror, red, and ir to put in front of the lens.
    I'm thinking of doing the same thing with a NEX or m4/3 body, but I don't think I can handle the stress again of butchering a camera . Maybe I can hire your service?
    Also can you fix film cameras?
    Thanks. I didn't quite understand your "cut the glass from 3 filters..." but I totally understand that butchering a camera, especially a SLR camera, can be stressful.

I do infrared conversions at work, and tend not to accept this sort of surgery on a personal basis due to some risks.

I would prefer to say that I can't fix film cameras but I have old-school colleagues who can.

The year has zipped past and is soon coming to an end. I hope everyone has made it a fruitful and successful year.

Merry Christmas and a happy 2011 to all. Keep photographing and make your images better.

Have a wonderful Christmas and a great year ahead!

Just a shout out to CSers in Melbourne, The Camera Rental Centre's phone and email will be manned every single day throughout the Christmas/New Year break. There will be no pickups/drop-offs during the gazetted Victorian Public Holidays (Dec 25-28, Jan 1 and Jan 3) but otherwise it will be business as usual on all the other days.

So if you're planning on going shooting during this period and want to rent some gear, come speak to us!

Regards,
    Mike

Just to ask, do you guys have the Panasonic GH2 in stock for rental? I may want to rent it for a few days once this rainy spell is over.
    Currently based in Melbourne / No longer living in Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by harnamsc View Post
    Just to ask, do you guys have the Panasonic GH2 in stock for rental? I may want to rent it for a few days once this rainy spell is over.
    Sorry bro, no Panasonic gear yet as we are currently focused on building up the Canon and Nikon stock first as the DSLR market here is predominantly these two brands. Are you in Melbourne already!

Also, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! Hope you have a great 2011! (which wouldn't be too difficult in my case)

Regards,
    Mike

Yup I'm in Melbourne already! How else would I know about the cold rainy weather? Thank goodness I packed my winter clothing or else I'd be in serious trouble! It feels like winter instead of summer. I'm actually using my duvet at night to keep warm!

Sorry bro, no Panasonic gear yet as we are currently focused on building up the Canon and Nikon stock first as the DSLR market here is predominantly these two brands. Are you in Melbourne already!

Also, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! Hope you have a great 2011! (which wouldn't be too difficult in my case)

Regards,
    Mike

LOL welcome to Melbourne :-) When I first went to Singapore there was no way I could wear jeans without sweating in the wrong places.
    Enlighten me...
    [Uluru]

Yup I'm in Melbourne already! How else would I know about the cold rainy weather? Thank goodness I packed my winter clothing or else I'd be in serious trouble! It feels like winter instead of summer. I'm actually using my duvet at night to keep warm!
    hottest period is not here yet...hope it won't come

Quote Originally Posted by MRSAMO View Post
    LOL welcome to Melbourne :-) When I first went to Singapore there was no way I could wear jeans without sweating in the wrong places.
    Yeah, I don't like having sweaty and soggy underwear in my trousers, and I don't like wearing jeans in Singapore. It's bad for men.

Welcome welcome! I wasn't sure because your sig still says "Leaving Singapore soon" mah.

This summer has been siao, but I'm not really complaining. 22 deg beats 42 deg days anytime!

Regards,
    Mike

except for the forecasted wet christmas and New year coming up!

Whoops! Didn't realise I had forgotten to change my signature! There its done! And yeah today the weather is pretty hot and sunny, clear blue skies and cool temperatures of 26 degrees. Nice!

same good weather here in canberra!!

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2710111213141722 ... LastLast