Thread: Bag for my needs

Cool Bag for my needs

- Nikon D700 with attached lens (Most often the Nikon 24-70 2,8)
    - Nikon 70-200mm 2,8 VR
    And maybe a secondary prime like the Nikon/Sigma 50mm 1,4
    Some filters, batterys and small stuff. My Leatherman must fit!

This will be in the BAG you guys recommends me!

Some words of what kind of bag I need/want:

Shoulder bag. That fits the things I mention above. Would be great to have the D700 with 24-70 with lens hood extended IN the bag.

I want it to be stealth! I have been robbed once, but not on my camera gear. And two times someone tried to steal the camera while it was on my shoulder. So STEALTH! Preferable some device that electrocute the person who tried to steel it. (joke)

It should be fast to to get the camera in shooting position. Not have tons have stupid locks, and ot Velcro is not very quiet to open hen you are in a church or when I'm going to photograph sleeping persons. I'm going to wake em up, with Welcro! Or photographing a sleeping tiger.

I'm a pretty tiny person. 175 cm tall. Well, my BMI is 18,5. So I'm not a very BIG person (Maybe there for I am getting robbed attempts all the time) So I want a bag that Fits me and is not Huge for me.

I will work from the bag. When I see something to photograph, and bring the camera from bag position to shooting position and when I have photographed it, I put it back. I wont have it around my neck and look like a person who wants to get robbed.

I have no price tag, but maximum 220 dollar.

Idears?

Default Re: Bag for my needs

You be looking at canvas bags.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Im looking for pretty much the same size back mate
    looking forward to the answers

I am using a D700 and 24-70mm F2.8 also but dont have the 70-200 yet

been using lowepro flipside 200 and this series does provide good security and access to your gear, try lowepro flipside 400AW for your need. since the flipside design is that the access opening to your gear is on the back of your bag against your back when carrying thus no one can open your main compartment while u are on the move. the bag got a waist belt for u to swing the bag from your back down to your front and have the main compartment access facing upwards at you for u to open, take gear shot, close, sling back, shot, keep camera, move on.
    D80/D700 18-135/17-50/14-24/24-70/70-200/70-300/50/60 SB600/900

Thanks for the answers. But some more responds had been very much welcome.

I did some search and found some interesting bags, that I have some question about, and maybe someone here can answer those questions.

First of:
    Domke F-3X Super Compact Shoulder Bag
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ag_Olive_.html

What I am worried about is that someone is going to open it, and take my stuff, when I'm not having my eyes on it. Its just a snap-hook. I prefer padlocks. A few of them!
    Otherwise, the bag seems just fine. I cant find any Domke bag with a zipper that have about the same specs. Is there any?

well.. u might want to check out the Lowepro Stealth Reporter series bags.. easy to retrieve camera with a zip at the top of the cover(you don't have to unbuckle to open the bag)..

Quote Originally Posted by crust85 View Post
    well.. u might want to check out the Lowepro Stealth Reporter series bags.. easy to retrieve camera with a zip at the top of the cover(you don't have to unbuckle to open the bag)..
    LowePro is a brand I dont want. A camera thief now the logo and make me a target. Domke and, ThinkTank dont looks very much as a camera bag. And camera bag with the name stealth in it is on my blacklist.

I would pass off any bag looking like that Domke's to be a camera bag's
    Doesn't even need a brand.

I throw all my equipment into my duffel. Totally black with black leather handles, even the metal zippers are black. If you get robbed that often, i'm guessing you're doing travel photography? I keep all lenses in seperate pouches i buy from Muji, all in different colors so i can tell which im grabbing for Never found the need for compartments. It might be slightly faster to change lens, but i never lost any important shot to the 1-2 extra seconds.
    Last edited by xylestesins; 20th February 2009 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bugface View Post
    - Nikon D700 with attached lens (Most often the Nikon 24-70 2,8)
    - Nikon 70-200mm 2,8 VR
    And maybe a secondary prime like the Nikon/Sigma 50mm 1,4
    Some filters, batterys and small stuff. My Leatherman must fit!

This will be in the BAG you guys recommends me!

Some words of what kind of bag I need/want:

Shoulder bag. That fits the things I mention above. Would be great to have the D700 with 24-70 with lens hood extended IN the bag.

I want it to be stealth! I have been robbed once, but not on my camera gear. And two times someone tried to steal the camera while it was on my shoulder. So STEALTH! Preferable some device that electrocute the person who tried to steel it. (joke)

It should be fast to to get the camera in shooting position. Not have tons have stupid locks, and ot Velcro is not very quiet to open hen you are in a church or when I'm going to photograph sleeping persons. I'm going to wake em up, with Welcro! Or photographing a sleeping tiger.

I'm a pretty tiny person. 175 cm tall. Well, my BMI is 18,5. So I'm not a very BIG person (Maybe there for I am getting robbed attempts all the time) So I want a bag that Fits me and is not Huge for me.

I will work from the bag. When I see something to photograph, and bring the camera from bag position to shooting position and when I have photographed it, I put it back. I wont have it around my neck and look like a person who wants to get robbed.

I have no price tag, but maximum 220 dollar.

Idears?
    If you can make that to $300, Billingham Hadley Large is your best bet...

Take a look at my journey to find a bag that is exactly what you are looking for:
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...m+hadley+large

EDIT: not that many snatchers can recognize a Billingham bag as camera bag but you will give it away when you take out your 70-200 2.8 VR from the bag...
    Last edited by CS TAN; 20th February 2009 at 12:51 PM.

Buy your own shoulder bags, then get one of those inserts from OP to make ur shoulder bag a camera bag. iirc its around 20bucks. the inserts measures abt 35 x 21 x 13cm

Its Stealth, it wont shout i'm a camera bag. steal me!
    the rest is subjected to the shoulder bag u choose.
    Last edited by chiangkxv; 20th February 2009 at 02:43 PM.

hi. where do you guys get billingham bags from?
    i saw them in one of the shops at peninsula plaza.
    anywhere else?