4x4/ SUV Off-Road Gymkhana Challenge 2009
Dated on: 21 st and 22 nd March 2009
Promoter/ Organizer: E&P Event Management/ Singapore Motor Sports Association
1. Name of Event: 4x4/ SUV Off-Road Gymkhana Challenge 2009
2. Date of Event : 21 st and 22 nd March 2009 (2-days event)
3. Venue of Event: Tuas West Drive (Singapore) – opp. Raffles Marina, next to 2 nd link
4. Jurisdiction: This event is held under the National Competition Rules of Singapore Motor Sports Association
5. Type of Events: 3 Classes
CLASS A: 4x4 Improved with Equipment – no restriction in tyres (size and type)
Compulsory equipment: tow strap, snatch strap, shackles
Winch and hi-lift jack are optional
(Vehicles with any up-grade)
CLASS B: Series Production SUV/ Pick–Up/ 4-Wheel Drive with or without equipment. No modifications of any sort allowed!
CLASS C: SUV/ Pick-up 2 Wheel Drive Open with or without equipment. Body/ suspension lift allowed, no restrictions on tyres.
TRAILS HAVE BEEN MADE TO MINIMISE SCRATCHES TO VEHICLES. HOWEVER, IT IS STILL THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE DRIVER TO CHOOSE THE TRAIL MOST SUITABLE FOR THEIR VEHICLES.
6. Eligible Competitor: Competitors must possess a valid driving licence
7. Entries Open: 16 th February 2009 (Limited entries will be accepted)
8. Entries Closed: 16 th March 2009 (Monday ) at 1700 hrs
9. Competition Entry Fee: S$200.00, with co-driver
All details requested in the entry form must be duly filled.
All entry fees to be paid to E&P Event Management .
Address: Blk 3 Ang Mo Kio Ind. Park 2A, #03-13, A.M.K Tech 1, Singapore 568050
Operating hours: Monday to Friday, 0900 hrs to 1200 hrs and 1400 hrs to 1700 hrs
10. Race Schedule:
10.1. Registration/ Documentation/ Scrutineer: 21 st March 2009 (Saturday)
10.2. Event stickers and individual race numbers will be given to all participants upon registration.
21 st March 2009 (Saturday)
0800 hrs – 1000 hrs
Competitors’ registration and vehicle scrutineering
1000 hrs – 1030 hrs
1045 hrs – 1700 hrs
SS1 to SS6, competing simultaneously
22 nd March 2009 (Sunday)
Competitors reports to event HQ, followed by briefing
0830 hrs – 1230 hrs
SS7 and SS8
1245 hrs – 1315 hrs
4x4 Demo by Johor 4WD Club (All full open mod specs vehicles)
1330 hrs – 1530 hrs
SS9 and SS10
The above-mentioned time may be subjected to change without prior notice.
11. Competitors will be judged based on a time trial basis – the fastest time with the highest points (100 pts) and so forth.
12. A DNF (Did-Not-Finish) will be awarded 20 pts. A DNF is classified when a competitor attempted an SS, but did not finish it during the DNF time given.
13. A DNS (Did-Not-Start) will NOT BE AWARDED any points at all. This includes competitors not attempting an SS.
14. Prize Presentation: 22 nd March 2009 (Sunday)
14.1. Prizes and Trophies will be awarded to the 1 st , 2 nd and 3 rd placing respectively.
14.2. Only Trophies will be awarded to 4 th and 5 th placing in the event.
15. Officials of the Meet:
SMSA Steward Mr Eric Chia
Event Secretary Ms Gene Wong
Competition Manager Mr Jerry Tay (Johor 4WD Club)
Score Master Mr Michael Yee (Johor 4WD Club)
Chief Scrutineer Mr John Yuen (Johor 4WD Club)
For those who wish to shoot unique cars, here's the chance.