Thread: SLR/DSLR camera.

Default SLR/DSLR camera.

i had just discovered that the hasselblad h1 camera do have this so call a digital back.....which will convert the SLR into a DSLR. But have not seen one yet.....how true is it?? how amazing!!....wonder if our 35mm SLR do have this technology in near future.....i would like to have 1 on my F4 and F100......digital for fun shoot-out and film/slides for serious work. ...hmmmmmm..........

those kodak dcs digital back are for medium format cameras only. I think it cost >US$10k

Quote Originally Posted by jesser
    i had just discovered that the hasselblad h1 camera do have this so call a digital back.....which will convert the SLR into a DSLR. But have not seen one yet.....how true is it?? how amazing!!....wonder if our 35mm SLR do have this technology in near future.....i would like to have 1 on my F4 and F100......digital for fun shoot-out and film/slides for serious work. ...hmmmmmm..........
    read here

there was a discussion on H1 in medium format forum.
    this thread

i remembered reading somewhere in dpreview that there is a company fabricating digital backs for pro film slrs eg f90x, f100 ets..

Quote Originally Posted by Jer76
    i remembered reading somewhere in dpreview that there is a company fabricating digital backs for pro film slrs eg f90x, f100 ets..
    Did a search and found that there was a company by the name "Silicon Film" that claimed to develop digital backs for 35mm SLR like Nikons.

But it seems to be a scam...
    http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-...?msg_id=004PZg

http://www.acecam.com/photography/3588.html

"The company's name was Silicon Film Technologies, and the so-called digital backs for 35mm cameras NEVER existed beyond the demo prototype units shown at trade shows.........."

"This company gathered the names and e-mail addresses of believers on their web site, published product specifications, and was very adept at releasing frequent press releases. This went on for more than 3 years. The company suspended operations in September 2001 in anticipation of bankruptcy. See http://www.dpreview.com/news/0109/01...mvaporizes.asp for complete details."

But I did managed to locate one company making digital backs for 35mm SLR but it's not for Nikon, Canon..etc. It's for Leica!!!!

http://www.ephotozine.com/news/fullnews.cfm?NewsID=1244

"Danish scanner and digital camera back manufacturer, Imacon have partnered with leading German camera manufacturer, Leica Camera AG, and Kodak's Division for Imaging Sensor Solutions, and will develop a revolutionary new digital camera back for Leica's single lens reflex R8 and R9 camera series. The Leica Digital Module R is to be introduced to the industry at photokina 2004, and will be the world's first hybrid 35mm SLR camera with the option for either digital or analogue photography"
    Last edited by Winston; 12th October 2003 at 02:12 AM.

i just read a recent article on luminous landscape on digital backs - price is around US$22000 and guess what? There's a cropping factor too!

Quote Originally Posted by ST1100
    i just read a recent article on luminous landscape on digital backs - price is around US$22000 and guess what? There's a cropping factor too!

haha, might as well get a 1Ds