Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Working 365 days?

Default Re: Working 365 days?

i got try before leh, whole year rest 3 days (New year and Chinese new year )only..last 2 years i gave up haha
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Is it possible to work 365 days without break and holidays?

Would you do it?
    How man hours a day? heh..

I never take my yearly 21 days annual leave for last 7yrs, half my holidays I worked, I do about 16 hours days on average, no pay increment since 2001 and only once got bonus, number 2 position in the company, no director fee or compensation for all the good work which he now claim he never promised me and annual leaves are forfeited or not paid out. That was me till last week. Would you do it?
    Last edited by sammy888; 19th February 2009 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    How man hours a day? heh..

I never take my yearly 21 days annual leave for last 7yrs, half my holidays I worked, I do about 16 hours days on average, no pay increment since 2001 and only once got bonus, number 2 position in the company, no director fee or compensation for all the good work which he now claim he never promised me and annual leaves are forfeited or not paid out. That was me till last week. Would you do it?
    And now my qn to you is, why did you do it?
    You really have nowhere else to go meh?
    The thing I hate most in a job is overworked and underpaid. Overworked but not underpaid OK. Underpaid but not overworked also still OK. But overworked AND underpaid... what the heck?!! You think I am idiot or slave?!?!?

If overworked and underpaid but willingly do so because that is your passion, then also OK... cos that is not a job anymore...
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    The thing I hate most in a job is overworked and underpaid. Overworked but not underpaid OK. Underpaid but not overworked also still OK. But overworked AND underpaid... what the heck?!! You think I am idiot or slave?!?!?

If overworked and underpaid but willingly do so because that is your passion, then also OK... cos that is not a job anymore...
    Well think about it... and when you do you will be surprise sometime how many reason there are for people to stick to it. I love my work and I love some of the people I work with, I also want to make sure somethings I can change in the company can be for the better and there is such a thing as trust. And there is also sometime some other things involve too that makes it a little hard to go but to stay and fight for what is yours or invested. If you can't figure what other factors might be involve then you will never get it that in life...you can factor everything into a formula. Well then just be lucky you are not in that kind of situation. I think my situation is very unique..you don't know what walking out for me is like...what it cost me in the end and future.

Anyway all I am saying in answer to Sion is yes there are people out there that do work that hard and not always due to money or love for the job..there are a lot of other grey areas you may not even be aware of. I guess it is good when you have choice and see so clear cut a judgment to make.
    Last edited by sammy888; 19th February 2009 at 01:16 AM.

Sure it's possible, but not for long hours every single day. At least not for me. Will end up like this

Still, I agree that for personal business only, no company I've ever worked for is worth this much of my life. I do hate the questions in interview that ask "are you doing for passion (ie. I'm gonna pay you peanuts to work super long hours) or are you doing it for money (bye and no see you again)?"

Also am one of the curious ones wondering why you suddenly ask this question.

Quote Originally Posted by AlteredVision View Post
    Sure it's possible, but not for long hours every single day. At least not for me. Will end up like this

Still, I agree that for personal business only, no company I've ever worked for is worth this much of my life. I do hate the questions in interview that ask "are you doing for passion (ie. I'm gonna pay you peanuts to work super long hours) or are you doing it for money (bye and no see you again)?"

Also am one of the curious ones wondering why you suddenly ask this question.
    Sion is just being Sion heheheheh.... he ask because he can and not because he has a hidden agenda for doing so.

Is being a mum an occupation?

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Sion is just being Sion heheheheh.... he ask because he can and not because he has a hidden agenda for doing so.
    I do it not because I can but because the boss is my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post

llmbb...

i'm no better... i face my bosses almost 24/7 lor... then i work also 24/7...

official work hours... about 17 hours a day...

super overworked, super underpaid... not everyone got a choice u know... if i got a choice hor... then i have to make that decision of not swimming so fast... (if u get what i mean)
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12