Thread: Where can I find Onkyo products?

Default Where can I find Onkyo products?

Hi and I know there is a very seasoned group of audiophiles here.

Planning to get a simple mini hifi for my room, nothing fanciful. I've reading a bit (just) and finally decided to move away from my usual layman common sense to get a Sony or Pioneer. Onkyo seems like a decent one and within my budget, i.e. between $400 to $500(?).

Where can I find them? Looking forward to try them ... by the way, any other recommendations? Please go easy on me ; most of the discussions which I've read so far have been really chim to me ...

TIA!

Default Re: Where can I find Onkyo products?

Tat Chuan.
    Adelphi ground floor. You can't miss it. Near the entrance from the main road.
    http://www.tatchuanaudio.com/
    Last edited by ricohflex; 17th February 2009 at 10:16 PM.

You may want to try this:

http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/in...?topic=51651.0

Denon, Yamaha and Marantz make mini compos as well

Adelphi, Audio House are places to go and check out, as well as Sim Lim Sq.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post
    Hi and I know there is a very seasoned group of audiophiles here.

Planning to get a simple mini hifi for my room, nothing fanciful. I've reading a bit (just) and finally decided to move away from my usual layman common sense to get a Sony or Pioneer. Onkyo seems like a decent one and within my budget, i.e. between $400 to $500(?).

Where can I find them? Looking forward to try them ... by the way, any other recommendations? Please go easy on me ; most of the discussions which I've read so far have been really chim to me ...

TIA!
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

if i remember correctly Best at Taka oso have a few models.

another good brand that is their rival is Denon, other way, do head down to Adelphi for betta speaker cables to bring out the sound a notch or 2. 2x2meters budget about $30-$40.

den BlueTack

under the speakers for betta isolation. 3 each speaker.
    have u seen the "light" yet?

Marantz & Yamaha will be much more than $700. no?

*unless stock clearing....
    Last edited by sORe-EyEz; 17th February 2009 at 10:56 PM.

Wah ... this is getting poisonous!

I guess I may have to stretch my budget a bit; I'm actually eyeing an Onkyo CS-525 for now ...

Wah ... this is getting poisonous!

I guess I may have to stretch my budget a bit; I'm actually eyeing an Onkyo CS-525 for now ...
    Hi Adam,

Well, that should be a good Buy(as it's the newer model now), cos I'm using the previous model Onkyo CR-515 for my bedroom and this model if I remember correctly(correct me if wrong) received some good Awards on the Sound-Qualityand it after some 'running-in'Especially those fine/subtle musical details whereby normal/common or even more costly mini-system won't be able to hear it). You'll be able to add-on(if you want)a subwoofer, and the overall soundstage is so rather big and open = hear it to believe.
    Last edited by blueskye168; 18th February 2009 at 11:06 AM.
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

Pardon me, the Onkyo system you guys mentioned above, is it only speakers or complete systems? I dont know how to mix and match different components, so a complete system will be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by foxwagon View Post
    Pardon me, the Onkyo system you guys mentioned above, is it only speakers or complete systems? I dont know how to mix and match different components, so a complete system will be useful.
    Hi ... it's a complete system but if you're game for mix and match, I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice here!

May be going to to Audio House later since it's near my place ... will be checking out how much they're offering their Panasonic PY800 as well. I wonder if I can get a good deal if I get both ...

Quote Originally Posted by foxwagon View Post
    its a complete system. but not all have video playback, most are amp/tuner/CD player + stereo speakers.

There is already a thread on mini compos:
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=453667

Audio House is a lousy place for TVs and be careful when shopping for audio stuff...

Look here for prices and Panasonic tips:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh....php?t=1938138

http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/in...?topic=45611.0

May be going to to Audio House later since it's near my place ... will be checking out how much they're offering their Panasonic PY800 as well. I wonder if I can get a good deal if I get both ...
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Thanks Pete, in fact I've been following the threads for some time and I know that you've doing a great job as a mod there.

I guess I have to get them seperately ... you got any recommendation on where I should get my Onkyo set? Hope to get some reliable service and good price too! TIA!

Sorry bro
    I don't have too many comments on minis, if you can stretch it and function matter more than style, get seperates, eg a simple Marantz amp / CD player + speakers will be around 1k.

Also see xtremeplace for comments on the Denon DAB M 37, for 699.

BTW if you are not in a hurry, go for the kill for plasmas at the IT show, stay tuned, I may want to get a MO going there as I need to replace a set for my dad.

D-Day H Hour on the last day of the show.

Cheers

Thanks again for the heads-up Pete. The Denon model which you mentioned is comparable in terms of the features I'm looking for ... it even got DAB!

I'm not rushing to get a plasma yet and I'd love to join you guys to chiong the ultimate deal for the IT Show but I'd be in S. Korea then. Maybe I can get my bro to help ...

By the way just called Everjoint and they quoted me S$2195 with free Panasonic BD30 which I don't really fancy. I rather have the NTUC voucher and bid my time as I wait for the Oppo BDP-83 ...
    Last edited by Adam Goi; 18th February 2009 at 10:19 PM.

Hi ... it's a complete system but if you're game for mix and match, I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice here!
    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    its a complete system. but not all have video playback, most are amp/tuner/CD player + stereo speakers.

hmmm ok.
    I better not ask so much or find out more details. Wait buy buy buy poison.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Tat Chuan.
    Adelphi ground floor. You can't miss it. Near the entrance from the main road.
    http://www.tatchuanaudio.com/
    dun think Tat Chuan is dealing with onkyo any more.
    there is a shop near the security reception, offers good price for cash and carry.
    #Captured Moments# @ Flickr
    D80|18-135mm|70-300mmVR|SB-800

Hi people,

Just came back from Adelphi ... couldn't track down the CS-525 but HN @ Harvey Norman is offering it @ S$599 and it comes with DAB. I tried looking for DAB M37 but no luck as well ... one salesguy told me only Audio House has the exclusive rights to sell it, sheesh ...