Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Parking behaviour.

Default Re: Parking behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh View Post
    Actually I find backing into a carpark way easier than head in first.
    Yeah, I agree with Sean.

Try parking head in between 2 cars and tail in. I found it easier to do a tail in cos of the way the wheels (Front can turn, back cannot). Reversing allows a sharper turn than head in it seems..... Which in the end translates to reverse parking into a small lot is easier than head in first......

Just try this out : go to the URA multistorey carpark opposite Parkway Parade or mebbe even Parkway Parade's carpark ..... darn small lots !

I only do a head in parking when I get to Malaysia or when I am in US or anywhere in Singapore where the parking lot is more generous with space.....
    Snap ?

Quote Originally Posted by ianwurn View Post
    Yeah, I agree with Sean.

Try parking head in between 2 cars and tail in. I found it easier to do a tail in cos of the way the wheels (Front can turn, back cannot). Reversing allows a sharper turn than head in it seems..... Which in the end translates to reverse parking into a small lot is easier than head in first......

Just try this out : go to the URA multistorey carpark opposite Parkway Parade or mebbe even Parkway Parade's carpark ..... darn small lots !

I only do a head in parking when I get to Malaysia or when I am in US or anywhere in Singapore where the parking lot is more generous with space.....
    That could be the main reason!

vince123123
    Guests

reverse parking in a tight turn is always easier than head in due to turning radius.

However, I use a combination of both front and rear depending on which is easier. Front can be easier in certain situations (e.g. road leading directly to lot; front head in directly without turning is faster than having to turn, and reverse in).

Both works, know both tools and use the correct tool in each situation.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    reverse parking in a tight turn is always easier than head in due to turning radius.

However, I use a combination of both front and rear depending on which is easier. Front can be easier in certain situations (e.g. road leading directly to lot; front head in directly without turning is faster than having to turn, and reverse in).

I agree with vince,
    forward and reverse parking is fine for me, it is very much depends on the situation as my vehicle is huge
    but if you are driving a small vehicle then i dun see any trouble with front,reverse or side parking la...
    sorry, i dun mean to offend those ppls driving small vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by lexus View Post
    I agree with vince,
    forward and reverse parking is fine for me, it is very much depends on the situation as my vehicle is huge
    but if you are driving a small vehicle then i dun see any trouble with front,reverse or side parking la...
    sorry, i dun mean to offend those ppls driving small vehicle
    hmm, how come i can just visually see which brand of car you are driving...

any prize for correct answer?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh View Post
    Malaysians want easy first, hard later.
    Singaporeans take the harder way first.

Actually I find backing into a carpark way easier than head in first.
    agree. can use mirrow to check both sides. I never feel confident going head in first as i find it hard to estimate distance.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post

when parked backside in first, it is easier to get out later cos I can see the oncoming traffic. if reverse out, need to move slowly and then turn my head (not the car's) around to check for oncoming traffic, so uncomfy.

Sometimes head parking is best, especially parking into parking lots in the corners. You probably need to half way upslope, reverse all the way for tail parking, its difficult if there vehicle tailing behind.

you all all forgot one very important reason liao, cos when park the car head out, it is also easy for car park attendants to check the parking coupons mah.....
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

In the US, most of the cars park head in, cause parking with the back facing the bushes might cause a fire when they get brushed in the drier seasons.

vince123123
    Guests

It depends, like I said, I use whicever is better. I have encountered instances where it is easier to come out with a head first position than a backside in position. One example that easily comes to mind is if you're parking right at the end of a corner turn. if you park head first, you just needt wo moves to get out. If you park back first, you need to make at least three to four moves to get out.

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod View Post
    when parked backside in first, it is easier to get out later cos I can see the oncoming traffic. if reverse out, need to move slowly and then turn my head (not the car's) around to check for oncoming traffic, so uncomfy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123