Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Parking behaviour.

Default Re: Parking behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    that parking design aside...

my fren told me its harder to tow the car away if you park head in.
    it is true it is hard to tow away if parked head in. But if the person can crawl under your car or jack it up, he can still tow it out. Even with power steering lock, gear lock, tyre chain, etc. nothing stops the guy. it only makes it more challenging and exciting for the crook to do it in 60sec. Besides, the more gadgets you add to secure the car, the more time you need to free it up before driving off.

Nothing stops them once the bad guys fell in love with your ride. You only need to pray hard or you can speed off at >200km/h

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    it is true it is hard to tow away if parked head in. But if the person can crawl under your car or jack it up, he can still tow it out. Even with power steering lock, gear lock, tyre chain, etc. nothing stops the guy. it only makes it more challenging and exciting for the crook to do it in 60sec. Besides, the more gadgets you add to secure the car, the more time you need to free it up before driving off.

Nothing stops them once the bad guys fell in love with your ride. You only need to pray hard or you can speed off at >200km/h
    Crooks? Bad Guys? I sense the only time someone will go to that kind of trouble to park is more concern about the REPO MAN!!!!. hehehehehhe

in singapore u any how park will kena summon and must pay!
    in malaysia u any how park will kena summon but can throw them away!

Quote Originally Posted by Submarine71 View Post
    in singapore u any how park will kena summon and must pay!
    in malaysia u any how park will kena summon but can throw them away!
    If you are driving across through custom, just beware. They (m'sian traffic police) will demand you pay on the spot of compound your car. My friend kena before.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    that parking design aside...

my fren told me its harder to tow the car away if you park head in.
    It depends on if they can afford to damage the car or not, e.g. if they only want the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    Besides, the more gadgets you add to secure the car, the more time you need to free it up before driving off.
    And more time to drive off the car can mean you cannot escape from the crooks quickly when you need to.

Thanks for all the replies guys. Never thought that there will be so many replies!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    I agree, in my own analysis:

1. Environment issue -- In Sg, car parks are well planned and most of the places you go have ample entry and exit allowance, so reverse parking is easy. In M'sia, sometimes you have to squeze into a lot; sometimes the parking lots do not have proper marking, so it's very difficult to judge if backside go in first

2. Driving school -- Driving instructor always teach students to do reverse parking in vertical lot, so naturally all the graduates will park reverse in this type of lots. In Msia, no such thing, as long as you can put the 4 wheels into the box, it's consider pass.

3. Peer pressure -- In Sg, most of the car park backside in first, if you are the odd one, you will feel weird. In Msia, people can park left, right, center, corner, middle, as long as there is allowance to other car to pass, it's acceptable, no aunty or uncle summon you.

4. Mentality issue -- Generally speaking Singaporean are more uptight, very follow the rule kind, so cannot anyhow park, must park properly before go off if not will kena summon or sabotage. Msian are usually more carefree, hack care as long as it's convenient and fast.

5. Car price -- Singapore cars are more expensive to own, so the car must park sui sui if not other people knock and bang your car body then heart pain, as for M'sian, maybe get use to it liao....knock bang scratch also make no different
    Big Kahuna, thanks for the detailed analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    Its true that its harder to TOW away your car if you park head in and lock steering 45Deg. In SG, have anyone try to get out of a parking lot if you park head in? Kiasuism from other drivers will not let you come out if they want to park in your lot. Youe see, most will wait just before your lot for you to come out but you cant reverse to your left cos the other car is there. Worst is that the other driver cannot reverse lost of the time because there are other cars behind and he /she will not move forward cos that will means he/she will lost a parking lot. (unless use Tissue paper to chope the lot) If you reverse park, you can just drive out and turn left.
    Wah! You have a good point here, King Pro!

Malaysians want easy first, hard later.
    Singaporeans take the harder way first.

Actually I find backing into a carpark way easier than head in first.

lol regarding the front in towing theory, a few years back, my Aussie friend also said the same thing. It will be harder for the repo man to tow away your car. But of cause, nothing is impossible, just making it more difficuit i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh View Post
    Malaysians want easy first, hard later.
    Singaporeans take the harder way first.

Actually I find backing into a carpark way easier than head in first.
    In that case you had not encountered some joker taking your lot while you take your sweet time reversing into the vacant lot. I encountered once in JB. While I was reversing into the lot, he just come and head in. I LL lor. No point arguing with Thugs.

use tissue paper to chope parking lot ftw

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    use tissue paper to chope parking lot ftw
    tissue paper too small, use newspaper
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post
    tissue paper too small, use newspaper
    I think he means a carton of Tissue paper..

vince123123
    Guests

In JB I don't know, but in Singapore one guy tried to do that to me. I merely got out of the car (I was passenger) and informed him I was waiting there. The ang mo shruged his shoulders and asked me what I want to do.

I said "Nothing, go ahead and park if you want - I'll just stand here and watch your car (after you leave)".

That would certainly give him great "peace of mind" as he leaves his car and goes shopping Yet I did not break any laws hehehe

In that case you had not encountered some joker taking your lot while you take your sweet time reversing into the vacant lot. I encountered once in JB. While I was reversing into the lot, he just come and head in. I LL lor. No point arguing with Thugs.

I think he means a carton of Tissue paper..
    might as well say throw a packet of sanitary napkins, more visible, and also in a packet...

unless your carton got big big logo of the brand of tissue.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

most veh tow hooks are in front, so make it more difficult to steal your car. when i entered JB i also parked head in, but in singapore backside in first

Quote Originally Posted by dafansu View Post
    most veh tow hooks are in front, so make it more difficult to steal your car. when i entered JB i also parked head in, but in singapore backside in first
    FWD vehicles have front tow hooks while RWD would have rear tow hooks...so e.g. if you're driving a RX-8 to m'sia, it'd be better to reverse park if you don't want people to tow your car easily..

then again, people who tow vehicles are not neccessarily thieves.
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    FWD vehicles have front tow hooks while RWD would have rear tow hooks...so e.g. if you're driving a RX-8 to m'sia, it'd be better to reverse park if you don't want people to tow your car easily..

then again, people who tow vehicles are not neccessarily thieves.
    but ppl who tow sg cars in malaysia without the owner's prior notification is 99% thieves... that 1% is honest mistake.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast