Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: got cheated in Lucky Plaza ! Everyone come in & read !!

Default Re: got cheated in Lucky Plaza ! Everyone come in & read !!

I liken the first 3 floors of Sim Lim Square and pretty much most shops in Lucky Plaza to The Four Floors of Whores at Orchard Towers.

Both are meant for blur tourists, both are well-known for the "dodgy articles", and both are ridiculously priced

So while I feel for the TS, I have to say the case was a forgone conclusion the moment he walked into the Katoey (go google!) of a shop at Unlucky Plaza.

just posted in Stomp's talkback.

srry, i cant just easily let it go......

I still remembering the moment i told him gonna call police, he shouted at me like shouting at a beggar....

"Call...call....go.... go outside my shop and call !!!"

Mr Jelly
    I dont like to be cheated myself, and I would get very angry myself if I were to be cheated.
    In life who has never been cheated before.
    However what happened has happened.
    Take it as life experience and move on.
    Life has many other challenges and difficulties.
    If you cannot let go, you will bear all the negative energy inside.
    (And I also need to remind myself of the last).

Quote Originally Posted by MrJelly View Post
    just posted in Stomp's talkback.

srry, i cant just easily let it go......

I still remembering the moment i told him gonna call police, he shouted at me like shouting at a beggar....

"Call...call....go.... go outside my shop and call !!!"

Shopkeepers shouting at customers is nothing. I've been told of shop staff fighting with customers at SLS. This particular shop, a potential customer walked away after asking prices. The shop staff with another followed him to a toilet upstairs and wanted to pop him, but instead both staff got popped onto the ground instead. Served them right.

Majority of the people will know the reputation of stores in Lucky Plaza and SLS.
    They are not places for locals to purchase stuffs.
    They are there to treat tourists as roberts.

that was also an article about someone spent $2000 on a sony psp. it even came out in the paper.... but yet people get cheated everyday...

i go LP to eat only, there is 1 shop at 2nd floor, sell soup one. quite famous. go there eat, dont go there shop.
    Objection !!!

i think there's a case against them... but think of the amount of trouble you have to go thru. i might go down this shop this sat to beo them hehehe...

relax, let it go. you'll feel better
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    that was also an article about someone spent $2000 on a sony psp. it even came out in the paper.... but yet people get cheated everyday...

i go LP to eat only, there is 1 shop at 2nd floor, sell soup one. quite famous. go there eat, dont go there shop.
    Ya read that somewhere.
    Its a lady who was conned right?
    Even have the receipt to prove man.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by furrycake View Post
    i think there's a case against them... but think of the amount of trouble you have to go thru. i might go down this shop this sat to beo them hehehe...

relax, let it go. you'll feel better
    Ya lah ............. small amount compared to what we throw away in our CPF ......... $700 million and $50 Billion squandered .............. you still expect to withdraw your money at 62 years old ........ hmm maybe 82 .............. fat hope
    Last edited by Zenten; 19th February 2009 at 07:18 AM.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Firstly, thanks for altering us to this shop.

In life, it is not possible to explain or accept everything that happens to us. A person's self esteem is rooted in his belief in himself. There is no reason to allow the action of others to influence how you think of yourself.

vince123123
    Guests

Try not to OT so as not to cause this thread to be closed for the wrong reasons.

I have a tourist friend who got cheated in Lucky Plaza too. We decided to meet in orchard then she told me that she will just wait outside LP since she saw a fruit juice stand outside. When she was bored (i was late) she decided to check out the cameras in the camera shop at the left side of the front entrance. Since she went here to visit without a cam, she decided to get an Olympus point and shoot. Thinking that being cheated is the last thing that can happen, she payed SGD 500.00 for an Olympus FE-280 last year!

This camera is no longer available in challenger at that time since they already have the FE-320 (i think) which they sell for less than SGD 400.00

Its really always better to buy in shops with a good reputation!

I didnt know that Lucky Plaza have this kinda of black listed shop. I recently bought a lens there at the cheapest market price i ever get. The actual price is 530 and i asked for 450. And well, i did get after some talking with the sales person that i know the price around there well. Before i got to that shop, some shops before i ask for the lens and they say its 720. I was shock and ask the sales person to check again and he ask me how much i want, and i just ask for 450 and he gave me but too bad, out of stock. Maybe he bluf me. I dunnoe. What i learn is, before heading to this kind of shop, know the price and service that they going to give. Some even say "Oi what you want". It is a sale girl. I was very shock the way they render the service. Oh next time, bring along a witness or few other friends. I usually bring along few frens just to ask a good deal and make sure that sales person willl never cheat me. Oh, always cheat them before they cheat you. Meaning ask for a good deal before they make the price/warranty themselves. Thats what i do. And if a product never bears any warranty and they say it has warranty, ask him/her to write it down a comment on the receipt and bear his/her signature or company chop. Never let them get away unless you know him/her well.

Oh, one more thing to take note. They can even cheat you for asking you to pay a GST of a product. But you didnt know that the product is already include with the GST. Clarify with them 1st before purchasing. They love to cheat this part. i"ve been cheated for two times. I got to know it is already include after purchasing few days later. The trick is like this, if you want to know they cheat you is when they charge you additional dollar and said tht it is GST after you have payed fully on the item. And GST suppose to be with the product already and yet when you see the reciept, you will nvr see the word of GST but only the ammount and no description. Soo happy to get the product but forgotten we got cheated by them when we got home. So ask them 1st before you take out your money. Those "GST" is like covering their losses or additional ammount for them as a "gift".
    Last edited by afipuffy; 19th February 2009 at 12:18 AM.
    Shoot and shoot and shoot
    Every shoot is a puzzle to the world of photography...

vince123123
    Guests

It is an offence to quote prices without GST If anyone tries that trick on you, tell them that if they dont honour the price, you will report them

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    It is an offence to quote prices without GST If anyone tries that trick on you, tell them that if they dont honour the price, you will report them
    Sorry for OT.
    To who we should report if the shop doesn't honour the price without GST?
    Police? CASE?
    TIA

vince123123
    Guests

IRAS is the statutory body in charge of GST, atlhoguh the police is involved for most criminal matters.

I'll say you can report to either, although I'll report to IRAS if I were you, given that the policemen are usually too blur or uninformed to even know what you are complaining about.

For a laymen's overview of thsi topic, take a look at

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page03.aspx?id=824

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJerry View Post
    Sorry for OT.
    To who we should report if the shop doesn't honour the price without GST?
    Police? CASE?
    TIA

Quote Originally Posted by MrJelly View Post
    Exactly! I reported as cheating also. Of cuz, this is sure cheating obviously.

This sentence alone from his mouth already proved cheating...."Who knows i told u warranty...."

not 40$ hurt me, but this thing does hurt my self-esteem.

Too bad...i hav neither black & white nor voice recording......

but i guess...i wont forget those words in my life......."who knows.."

So.....Does it mean that everyone has the rights to do "crime" or "whatever" by the use of the word "who knows" ????

btw, why hands' off approach? That time, I also felt the same just by hearing the word "cant force".

u need to only ask yourself this: do u believe in karma? I have also been cheated thousands of dollars before by friends and 1/4 to 7 shops but then u know they are just sowing their bad seeds and one day those seeds will hurt either them or their descendents.
    Im not saying u can't fight on or shouldn't fight on. Im just giving u another perspective. I feel sorry for those guys actually, making dishonest money. They also have mothers and fathers u know? wonder how they'd feel having such offsprings..

OTOH, i once bought a digital pns in LP for the cheapest price i could get in the whole island. and it is still working. My point? karma.

next time, test the item on the spot. i always do this. if u guys want to go sim lim square buy, check outside the shop, c out the siticker stated "star wat wat de"
    Nikon D60 Multiply Bukit Merah Secondary School

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234