Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: got cheated in Lucky Plaza ! Everyone come in & read !!

vince123123
    Guests

Default Re: got cheated in Lucky Plaza ! Everyone come in & read !!

Because the police tend to siam whenever they can, at least that's what I heard from friends.

The story will be different if you indeed had proof of his wrongdoings, such as voice recordings or the like. It will be harder for the police to siam then. Although I think they will still say its a "civil case" and then ask you to make a magistrate's complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJelly View Post
    Exactly! I reported as cheating also. Of cuz, this is sure cheating obviously.

This sentence alone from his mouth already proved cheating...."Who knows i told u warranty...."

not 40$ hurt me, but this thing does hurt my self-esteem.

Too bad...i hav neither black & white nor voice recording......

but i guess...i wont forget those words in my life......."who knows.."

So.....Does it mean that everyone has the rights to do "crime" or "whatever" by the use of the word "who knows" ????

btw, why hands' off approach? That time, I also felt the same just by hearing the word "cant force".

vince123123
    Guests

Yup stories I've heard from SCT is that theyw ill ask you to settle in the middle.

However, you can always choose to say can't mediate and then go on to hearing. The mediator cannot say "go to higher court and get out of my SCT".

At that point, you can tell the judge (not mediator) that the defendant is not disputing the claim, but is finding other reasons for not paying, and then ask the judge to enter judgment for you. He will have no choice but to do so since the defendant did not dispute the claim.

Once you have gotten your judgment, you can then consider whether to get baliff to go to his house/shop to stick auction stickers and sell every damn thing

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    To add abit to it from my own experience have brought two cases to the SCT. The paper and all all that stuff to get a hearing is abit of a pain but it has to be done ( you can get more details from their website) but still yes..it is not as troublesome and expensive then going to a real court and also paying lawyers fee too.

To get back to my main point ....If you want "justice" go find it elsewhere and if you want to get your full value owed to you....good luck. What the tribunal will do is try to mediate to the point where both side can reach a "happy" agreement and to not waste the official's time too. Trust me I know, I the victim got told off too when I try to press that the amount the customer owed should be paid in full and that is after I brought out all the document. In both cases...it was not about who win and who got told who is the bad guy here. In the end my company had to settle with less then 50% pay back on the spot by the two sly ex-customers....Mediator told me to take it or take it to the higher court if I want JUSTICE and FULL PAYMENT as he goes about explaining to me how fruitless it would be for me to further! Twice! it happened to me. SCT's job is to compromise on both side to come to a "fair" decision for BOTH side. There is nothing about justice here...and I have signed invoice with company stamp, DO..etc. He just said he can't pay, had financial difficulty now and have only a small amount if I am willing to take it if not he can't. And you still have to pay your $10 or $50 and not the person you brought to the hearing against. (I did it as a company and above $5,000 so I have to pay the latter amount) In all the whole proceeding took like a month plus. You still have to go down, sit and wait for your number to call for submission which can take an hour or so, enquiry..etc. Worth it? I think that was the last time I will use it.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Yup stories I've heard from SCT is that theyw ill ask you to settle in the middle.

However, you can always choose to say can't mediate and then go on to hearing. The mediator cannot say "go to higher court and get out of my SCT".

At that point, you can tell the judge (not mediator) that the defendant is not disputing the claim, but is finding other reasons for not paying, and then ask the judge to enter judgment for you. He will have no choice but to do so since the defendant did not dispute the claim.

Once you have gotten your judgment, you can then consider whether to get baliff to go to his house/shop to stick auction stickers and sell every damn thing
    Ya that part I know too...it was up to my boss...he did not want to waste the court and lawyer money and he settled to take what he could and move on. Just want to say that if the TS want to bring this up to the SCT...he face something like this as means to "settle" but he wants full satisfaction...he got to pull out the money to do it...thus..it is worth it?

It's totally unfair but then again this son of b*tches are cunning and smart. They study very carefully what they can and can't get away with it and also look at who they are dealing with. One look, they can see a foll they can take every penny off from or someone they best not mess with. We as consumers just have to be smart and alert at all times. I go to SLS for a good 15 yrs..and I only got played out just twice. Most of the time...even in the most notorious shops...I have no problems. You just got to keep your wits about yourself. In any case not just in SLS or LP...everywhere and dealing with everybody in life... Sorry to heard about it TS but...take care that it does not happen again bro. Live and learn.
    Last edited by sammy888; 17th February 2009 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJelly View Post
    thz bro vince....ur comments are really helpful......
    I hav proof of purchase time and report time which is just about 1hr difference, except the sales guy's voice......
    Log the case with Small Claims Tribunal. Who knows, the shop may already have a bad track record there, so you may actually win, and give the shop some inconvenience, assuming you have time.......Good Luck, let us know the outcome!

Quote Originally Posted by third3rdwheel View Post
    Log the case with Small Claims Tribunal. Who knows, the shop may already have a bad track record there, so you may actually win, and give the shop some inconvenience, assuming you have time.......Good Luck, let us know the outcome!
    SCT is not like CASE thus I doubt there is anything of a database for you look over or taken into consideration. It is a mediation center that is not just about customer and shops, they deal with other cases too..anything too small in value to go to the main court as far as I am aware. The mediator is not interested in anything else but your case... you bring it up about others, he will chew your head off. The focus is on your case not others...etc.

vince123123
    Guests

Actually for SCT, you don' tneed to realyl pull out the money all the way until judgment. I do not however know, how much a baliff' feees are, but I believe that they can be recoevered from the amounts auctioned.

Ya that part I know too...it was up to my boss...he did not want to waste the court and lawyer money and he settled to take what he could and move on. Just want to say that if the TS want to bring this up to the SCT...he face something like this as means to "settle" but he wants full satisfaction...he got to pull out the money to do it...thus..it is worth it?

It's totally unfair but then again this son of b*tches are cunning and smart. They study very carefully what they can and can't get away with it and also look at who they are dealing with. One look, they can see a foll they can take every penny off from or someone they best not mess with. We as consumers just have to be smart and alert at all times. I go to SLS for a good 15 yrs..and I only got played out just twice. Most of the time...even in the most notorious shops...I have no problems. You just got to keep your wits about yourself. In any case not just in SLS or LP...everywhere and dealing with everybody in life... Sorry to heard about it TS but...take care that it does not happen again bro. Live and learn.

you shd have gone to best denki at taka or a shop that sells such. Lucky plaza is the last place to go, even if it cost 50% cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    you shd have gone to best denki at taka or a shop that sells such. Lucky plaza is the last place to go, even if it cost 50% cheaper.
    I think he could have gotten it way cheap at best denki to be honest hehehe..... You can buy a keyboard for $5 at SLS leh heheh....

Actually for SCT, you don' tneed to realyl pull out the money all the way until judgment. I do not however know, how much a baliff' feees are, but I believe that they can be recoevered from the amounts auctioned.
    You could be right but well..it never got to that point.

vince123123
    Guests

Actually SCT is not a mediation centre, but a court. The mediator cannot chew your head off, he's not a judge but merely a registrar.

SCT is not like CASE thus I doubt there is anything of a database for you look over or taken into consideration. It is a mediation center that is not just about customer and shops, they deal with other cases too..anything too small in value to go to the main court as far as I am aware. The mediator is not interested in anything else but your case... you bring it up about others, he will chew your head off. The focus is on your case not others...etc.

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    I think he could have gotten it way cheap at best denki to be honest hehehe..... You can buy a keyboard for $5 at SLS leh heheh....
    srry...didnt know that taka got best denki.........

How much trouble do you want to go for over $40.
    It may not be the money.
    But the real reason is the "tak shiok" feeling after how you have been treated.

Then all this SCT, Case, etc... is no use. If after going through that, you get back $10 compensation, you mean you are satisfied?

What you want to do is to teach this shop/salesman a lesson.

Then the best way is to publicise this case as widely as you can, over thousands of website forums, in the newspapers, etc...not just for one day, but for a much longer time. You might even stand outside the shop and tell potential shoppers what happened, so that they do not buy from the shop. But that is a bit extreme. Until the shop owner realises that this is not funny anymore and his wallet is hurting. The danger is that they may resort to violence to stop you.

But at all times, you must guard against being sued for libel against the shop.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 17th February 2009 at 10:42 PM.

Ya Best Denki should be the way if you need computer stuff near orchard.

also, next time if you wanna try these funny shops, bring your PC along to test on spot. Else ask to use their PC to test. If they don't let you test, you don't buy.
    Last edited by ConnorMcLeod; 17th February 2009 at 10:28 PM.

Actually SCT is not a mediation centre, but a court. The mediator cannot chew your head off, he's not a judge but merely a registrar.
    Sorry...bad choice of word. You are right it is a Court. And nope I got my head chewed. Very high handed that was how I felt and not like I was pushing it or being unreasonable. That was why I got surprised. The second one was not that bad but he stood on his high chair and conducted the hearing. Anyway... it was an eye opening experience. Not one I want to use anymore. If this this to help the public get some form of justice from law breakers and sly foxes... I would rather go temple and beat his photo with a shoe heheheheh.....

Hey...if you are often stuck with a number of on-site debugging and servicing why not always have a keyboard in your bag. If the keyboard is like one of those mini notebook type, it is not hard to have one always in your bag. I am pretty fussy with keyboard too I use Microsoft Natural Keyboard as normal one gave me a mild case of carpal tunnel. As my office was too stingy to buy me one, I brought one to work everyday for a few months. Yes way bulky then your mini keyboard but no choice, I was trying to shame them into getting one for my use.

vince123123
    Guests

They will try to bully laymen into a settlement, but honestly what they say usualyl has not much word in law. Their main aim in mediation is to get you to settle so that they can score one notch of "aha we mediated, no court needed".

Just stand firm and they can't do anything, espeically if you are in the right. The hearing judge is not allowed to do such head chewing or settlement forcing. Only the mediating judge/registrar can try this trick. More seasoned pple already know thats why we usually just skip the whole mediation thing.

Sorry...bad choice of word. You are right it is a Court. And nope I got my head chewed. Very high handed that was how I felt and not like I was pushing it or being unreasonable. That was why I got surprised. The second one was not that bad but he stood on his high chair and conducted the hearing. Anyway... it was an eye opening experience. Not one I want to use anymore. If this this to help the public get some form of justice from law breakers and sly foxes... I would rather go temple and beat his photo with a shoe heheheheh.....

vince123123
    Guests

Agreed, in this case I'll do the extra-legal means (e.g. stand outside shop, publicise, print thread, distribute etc)

If you need help, you can alwasy start a call in CS and see who can volunteer to go with you

Violence? As shop employees, they will easily be identified and poliec will be hard pressed not to take action and taichi.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    How much trouble do you want to go for over $40.
    It may not be the money.
    But the real reason is the "tak shiok" feeling after how you have been treated.

Then all this SCT, Case, etc... is no use. If after going through that, you get back $10 compensation, you mean you are satisfied?

What you want to do is to teach this shop/salesman a lesson.

Then the best way is to publicise this case as widely as you can, over thousands of website forums, in the newspapers, etc...not just for one day, but for a much longer time. You might even stand outside the shop and tell potential shoppers what happened, so that they do not buy from the shop. But that is a bit extreme. Until the shop owner realises that this is not funny anymore and his wallet is hurting. The danger is that they may resort to violence to stop you.

But at all times, you must guard against being sued for libel against the shop.

On second thoughts, you are probably right about the database part. I think anything 10,000 dollars or lower can go to SCT, if I recall correctly.

Sorry to hear about this. However, if you're S'porean and/or lived in S'pore for at least quite some time, you'd have to know about Lucky Plaza's reputation. Apart from the one shop that seems to be an exception (Lords, according to CS reports), the rest are generally out to shark people.

Unless you're in some sort of really desperate situation (like the whole of Orchard Road got burned down except Lucky Plaza), there's really no reason why anyone should buy any electronics stuff from them. Yes, you can lodge a complaint agains these shops, but the fact that they still continue to operate in such a manner does say something about the effectiveness of the actions taken against them.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

an eye for an eye.
    take a picture of the shop front n post it on all the forums.
    go down to Small claim n file a complain n make the boss busy with u.
    Taoism 你知[道]吗?http://yeobt.multiply.com
    Read With An Open Mind And Surely You Will Be Benefited.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast