Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New nikon lens at pma 2009, march 3rd - 5th

Default Re: New nikon lens at pma 2009, march 3rd - 5th

Quote Originally Posted by nakedtoes View Post
    I would rather Nikon and fujifilm merge then with canon..
    ok, then nikon merged with canon and fuji

now, let's see

by so doing, u get nikon's new af, super-dupe flash system, better wide zooms PLUS cannon's range of fast primes and excellent f4 zooms + telephotos + fuji's HDR

now i have really woke up

is this thread "nothing better to do?"

with the time spent thinking and dreaming about new lens in 2009, why don't we utilize our time fully and see what is there in the broad market already?

my personal opinion..
    D800 | N14-24 | N24-70 | N70-200 II | N50 1.4G | N60 macro 2.8G | N85 1.4G | SB800

Quote Originally Posted by geeteethree View Post
    far out just found out the new prices today
    shocking.
    500$ more for the 70-200
    Thinking to buy it from aus, just getting the prices checked over there now.
    Have any of you guys check the price across the causeway? The 70-200 retail for Ringgit 6080, which is equivalent to about SGD 2565.Probably save a few hundreds.

Quote Originally Posted by mcn View Post
    why not?
    by so doing, u get nikon's new af, super-dupe flash system, better wide zooms PLUS cannon's range of fast primes and excellent f4 zooms + telephotos

yeahhhh, everyone WANTS that, but its never gonna happen.

but mebbe while talking about lenses, i do fancy the idea of nikon having f/4 constant zooms.

mm good thinking
    i purchased it in sydney yesterday
    2599 AU$$
    -10% GST

2340 AU$$
    2289 SG$$
    geez the exchange rate is fantastic!
    but i got in lucky the prices are about to go up

Price cuts are quite hard, imho, especially during the time where the yen's just gotten so strong that all the profits of japanese manufacturers are shrinking... would be grateful that the prices don't go up...

cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by wenbin0215 View Post
    is this thread "nothing better to do?"

with the time spent thinking and dreaming about new lens in 2009, why don't we utilize our time fully and see what is there in the broad market already?

my personal opinion..
    LOL, well i was bored when i started this thread and i thought its very interesting to discuss about upcoming product since pma is not far away.

and with the current price increase, i would rather spend more on the new product than old one.

Quote Originally Posted by boombox View Post
    Price cuts are quite hard, imho, especially during the time where the yen's just gotten so strong that all the profits of japanese manufacturers are shrinking... would be grateful that the prices don't go up...

cheers,
    seriously, life is mystery. i still remember back in 2008, i predict that nikon will drop their price. why? simple. to attract more buyers but then what happen is the opposite. I am dismayed to find out about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    yes yes! The current version is good, but imho, a joke compared to equivalents
    i second that.... the AF speed is a joke...

Quote Originally Posted by geeteethree View Post
    mm good thinking
    i purchased it in sydney yesterday
    2599 AU$$
    -10% GST

2340 AU$$
    2289 SG$$
    geez the exchange rate is fantastic!
    but i got in lucky the prices are about to go up
    dude, you are so smart. i just checked the price too and australia seems like a good place to buy lens. its cheaper than singapore. but unfortunately, i dont have any plans to go there at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by camerax View Post
    LOL, well i was bored when i started this thread and i thought its very interesting to discuss about upcoming product since pma is not far away.

and with the current price increase, i would rather spend more on the new product than old one.

seriously, life is mystery. i still remember back in 2008, i predict that nikon will drop their price. why? simple. to attract more buyers but then what happen is the opposite. I am dismayed to find out about this.
    yeah bro, it's scary sia, now on my side, people are just crossing fingers and hoping that the prices won't go up for our side as well...

Leica start producing lenses for nikon...and nikon buy fuji....*slap ownself to wake up from this dream*

- A new and affordable Noct.
    - 85mm DC lens.

Would be good if they dump the idea of G lens. Not going to happen though......

Er... do we need VR on a 17-55?

Do you guys have problem on your AFS lenses? Hope they can build more reliable ones & cheaper to fix than the current min S$500!

Yes, should've kept the '08 price rather than increase. Did anyone check with UK prices recently? GBP is very weak & a friend bought a laptop in Korea (saved 30% compared to local prices as the Won dropped quite a fair bit too, not sure about cameras)

Malaysia will be having a photography fair here in Mar 27-29 @ KL's MidValley convention ctr. I'm hoping to buy something there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12