Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: What is the legal age for a model to do Lingerie shoot?

  1. #1
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default What is the legal age for a model to do Lingerie shoot?

    Hello all clubSNAPPERS .

    I was wondering what is the legal age of a model to do lingerine shoot ?

    Cause i realise some of them are just faking their age, just to earn that amount of cash.

    For example,

    You hire a 15-year-old-girl- but actually is fakes and tells you that she is 18.
    Will you double check to take the risk of shooting her ?

    or

    Shoot already, get into trouble with the law not knowing that she is underage ?







    Have your say guys.

  2. #2

    Default Re: What is the legal age for a model to do Lingerie shoot?

    it was discussed on this very subforum before.

    there is no legal age to shoot (using a camera, of course) a girl in lingerie.

  3. #3

    Default Re: What is the legal age for a model to do Lingerie shoot?

    if in doubt ... ask for verification.
    i think if you are worried as a photographer, then it is your responsibility to check ...
    Touch the Moments ... Hold the colours of Joy

  4. #4
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: What is the legal age for a model to do Lingerie shoot?

    There is no issue actually...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  5. #5

    Default Re: What is the legal age for a model to do Lingerie shoot?

    Nothing much to discuss.

    Some people prefer to impose a certain age for 'safety' or ethical reasons.

    Some feel it's OK as long as it's tastefully done and what exactly constitutes 'tasteful' is open to intepretation.

    Some feel anything goes because there's no law per se regarding this area, only social conventions and norms, and that can be as varying as night and day.

    I guuess the main issue, if there is one, is not so much of what age can shoot lingerie etc, but problems that may arise if the girl is unhappy or starts accusing a photographer of indiscretions.

    Always be safe. Have at least ONE chaperone of the same gender as the subject.

    I believe there was a LOT of discussions about bf gf etc accompanying the subject on a shoot.

  6. #6
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: What is the legal age for a model to do Lingerie shoot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Nothing much to discuss.

    Some people prefer to impose a certain age for 'safety' or ethical reasons.

    Some feel it's OK as long as it's tastefully done and what exactly constitutes 'tasteful' is open to intepretation.

    Some feel anything goes because there's no law per se regarding this area, only social conventions and norms, and that can be as varying as night and day.

    I guuess the main issue, if there is one, is not so much of what age can shoot lingerie etc, but problems that may arise if the girl is unhappy or starts accusing a photographer of indiscretions.

    Always be safe. Have at least ONE chaperone of the same gender as the subject.

    I believe there was a LOT of discussions about bf gf etc accompanying the subject on a shoot.

    yes , i second that !


  7. #7

    Default Re: What is the legal age for a model to do Lingerie shoot?

    always legal legal legal.

    there is more than just legality to consider. for example, if i were an employer, and i knew my employee was shooting 15 year old skimpily dressed girls.. what sort of conclusion would i come to? and if i have a 15 year old daughter myself?

  8. #8
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: What is the legal age for a model to do Lingerie shoot?

    Yup, I'm of the same opinion as well. Hence, strictly to answer the question of legal age, yup, I do not believe there is any.

    Other issues regarding ethical issues is more or less OT though. Hence to answer the TS's question, I doubt you will get into trouble with the law.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratix View Post
    it was discussed on this very subforum before.

    there is no legal age to shoot (using a camera, of course) a girl in lingerie.

  9. #9
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: What is the legal age for a model to do Lingerie shoot?

    if i was still shooting this genre, i would rather have a female assistant or a MUA present during the shoot

  10. #10

    Default Re: What is the legal age for a model to do Lingerie shoot?

    the legal age for such a situation is when the model is actually old enough to wear lingerie.

    aaha.

  11. #11
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: What is the legal age for a model to do Lingerie shoot?

    Hahaha I think this is a good natured yet accurate way to sum it up.

    Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    the legal age for such a situation is when the model is actually old enough to wear lingerie.

    aaha.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    1,777

    Default Re: What is the legal age for a model to do Lingerie shoot?

    think abt it this way, a two piece bra is just the same as the bra and triangle. Both serve the same purpose and cover the same things.

    On the beach, there are already teen girls that wear bikini and running around, so there is totally no issue to shoot young girls in lingerie..
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

  13. #13

    Default Re: What is the legal age for a model to do Lingerie shoot?

    When her body has grown up.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •