Thread: White border width on printed 4R photo question

Default White border width on printed 4R photo question

Usually how thick or wide is the border from those photo printed from the minilab machines ? In terms of percentage ?

I've been googling for almost 30 mins, and i still can't find anything that points me in the right direction

Help please

TIA

For 4R prints, you can try 2mm borders up to 3mm. Works for me.

where can i get this white border thingy done at? most of the HDB photo labs i go to when i ask them they can only stare at me blankly dunno what i meant. Some say they will try tell the person but i get back my prints without the border.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer76
    where can i get this white border thingy done at? most of the HDB photo labs i go to when i ask them they can only stare at me blankly dunno what i meant. Some say they will try tell the person but i get back my prints without the border.
    Some shops will do it for you at an extra charge of 5 cents per print. Others can do it FOC. Depends on which shop you go to. Where are you located. If you are in the East, PM me, can recommend you a shop that does it FOC.

In general, the older machines cannot do the border I think. the new Fuji Frontier machines can incorporate the borders into the print. But your shots will e slightly cropped.

yikes i live in the west.. anyone knows of any shops that offers this service?

I think when most shops do border printning, they reduce the image so that it can fit, while having the border around.
    the australian shop i went to today said their borders are about 4mmish

Quote Originally Posted by Jer76
    yikes i live in the west.. anyone knows of any shops that offers this service?
    You can try KC Ginza. Probably any of the KC labs will do, but I have had good prints from Edmund who runs KC Ginza. There is no additional charge but their standard prices for prints are not exactly the cheapest in town.

i added the white border using PS b4 sending for prints. But u gotta ensure that the dimension of the photos aren't changed (3:2).

i've got mixed result using this method. Some labs printed the pics with the borders. Some printed only the length of the borders.