Thread: Mp3 Players

Default Mp3 Players

Hey guys, need some recommendations on which and what MP3 player to get? Budget at about $200 to $300.

Thanks
    Support my Theme Shoots!

Default Re: Mp3 Players

How about Sandisk Sansa Clip
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

What's important to you? Sound quality? Good looks? How much storage space do you need?

iRiver, Cowon, Sony, the Sandisk Fuze and Creative have the best sound quality. After that it's iPod land.
    Alpha

When i buy my MP3....

HIRING MP3 PLAYERS

Applicants should possess the following:

1. Good battery life
    2. Durable & Reliable
    3. User Friendly

Good looks with be an advantge.

So, after interviewing the first applicant....

I "hired" SONY for the job.... Becoz it meets all my requirements, including good looks....

Up till now, still serving me well and i dun plan to retrench SONY in the near future
    Last edited by evo-lution; 15th February 2009 at 11:04 PM.

Any particular Sony MP3 you guys can recommend? I saw a few nice ones on the shelve but I did not take a detailed look at them though. This is the 1st time I am getting a MP3 so need some advises.

I understand about individual preference but I do welcome opinions.

Thank you.
    Support my Theme Shoots!

IPOD Touch and Sony yeah... hmm...
    Support my Theme Shoots!

Quote Originally Posted by Xperio View Post
    IPOD Touch and Sony yeah... hmm...
    The iPod touch has bad sound quality. It's "pretty" though.
    Alpha

I am actually considering this model... what you guys think or if anyone owns one?
    NWZ-S738F/N
    Support my Theme Shoots!

Erm, actually, Sony's whole range of video MP3 players all abt the same one. But, i'm toking abt their newer series here, namely the E430/S730/A830/A720 series. Even design oso look very similar.

The only diff is price n functions.... Bottom of the line @ $129 i think is a 2GB player with music/video/radio. Top of the line @ $450 or so got bluetooth/better sound quality/larger memory space/relatively good earphones bundled in for the normal folks out there...

So, it really is down to your budget and wants....

At $300, you should be able to get a very decent one.... I got mine for $99 during the launch. BTW, mine is the entry level E430 series.

I am actually considering this model... what you guys think or if anyone owns one?
    NWZ-S738F/N
    Good! Played ard with it before, wanted to buy, but in the end the $99 deal was simply irresistable for a newly launched model. BTW, the S730 series oso launched at the same time.

Ok, lah, quite good, works exactly the same way as my E430, but larger capacity, more chio, better sound quality, better earphones bundled.

But oh yes, rmb to get that USB to powerpoint charger, coz this player charge via USB. I personally find it abit troublesome to go on the computer to charge my MP3.... So yea, in the end i got the charger too...

I am considering a noob to MP3s as mentioned. Normally how many GB will you guys get for your MP3s?
    Support my Theme Shoots!

NWZ-S736F/B NWZ-E436F/P

I am considering the above 2 models but I can't find anywhere if they have build in blue tooth or not... they don't have it?
    Support my Theme Shoots!

NWZ-S736F/B NWZ-E436F/P

I am considering the above 2 models but I can't find anywhere if they have build in blue tooth or not... they don't have it?
    This two models not much diff.... The S730 series got better sound quality and better earphones bundled in. Both no bluetooth.....

But for the price diff of $80, i think it is justified... Coz the bundled earphones for the S730series typically cost $90 onwards....

Can try out Creative ZEN X-Fi.

I am considering a noob to MP3s as mentioned. Normally how many GB will you guys get for your MP3s?
    That will depends on how many songs you intend to store inside and at what kind of bit rate. I typically can squeeze in about 8+ albums(~100+ songs) into 1gb at bit rate of 320kbps. At a more typical bit rate of 192kbps, you should be able to squeeze in more songs. 192kbps should be the minimum bit rate for a reasonable sound quality.

I think a 4gb mp3 player should be good enough for most people. Sony players are a good choice: good sound quality, nice design, and in my opinion, one of the best stock earphone supplied with the player.

But if you have a large collection of music like me, then I would suggest you look at iPod Classic. Add a decent headphone amp thru a line out dock and to a decent quality earphone, and you are good to go....Ha ha, that will be another level of portable music players
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

I'm using a sony. love it!
    dropped it a few times accidently and still functoning perfectly.
    sounds great too! esp when coupled with a ES7

Thanks guys for all the help. I got the Sony 7 series already. Greatly appreciated.
    Support my Theme Shoots!