Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bruxism AKA teeth grinding

Default Re: Bruxism AKA teeth grinding

I have this problem too (even till today) and was advised by my dentist to wear a splint in the night. (Yes.. my work is stress... )

http://www.bitesoft.net/

The issue is the my grinding prob is so bad that I grinded away the plastic and need to send back to the workshop for buffering.

The damage: $500

But i can really sleep well and comfortable when I wear the splint to sleep. So i guess you have to see which method works best for you.

Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by LOTUSfairy View Post
    maybe u try to drink so warm drinks...help to ease the pain...
    and sleep on pillow..avoid the side which is pain..
    and maybe eat with ease, u enjoy the food, forget the pain liao..
    Eh, guess what? I think u r right... After dinner, still hurts alot, but one hour later, the PAIN IS GONE!

But dunno how long this gonna last, hopefully it last forever!

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    no pain or anything..asked dentist, he said i don't need mouth guard or anything yet
    Wah, ur teeth/muscles/jaw made of what arh? Grind so long still no problems.... U got very good genes hor?

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    Sorry, typo! What I meant was rubber.
    Haha, ok. No worries!

Quote Originally Posted by arttl View Post
    I have this problem too (even till today) and was advised by my dentist to wear a splint in the night. (Yes.. my work is stress...)

http://www.bitesoft.net/

The issue is the my grinding prob is so bad that I grinded away the plastic and need to send back to the workshop for buffering.

The damage: $500

But i can really sleep well and comfortable when I wear the splint to sleep. So i guess you have to see which method works best for you.

Take care!
    Huh? U managed to grind the guard away! Woah! Anyway, thanks for the link! And, i see my pocket burning away soon after i clicked on the link! Annual depreciation=$250!

BTW, how does it feels to have a splint in your mouth when sleeping?

Well, well, well.... what can i say? I guess the saying by many old folks out there is quite true aft all.... In Singapore, one can die, but definitely cannot afford to fall sick.....

teethman8318
    Guests

Smile Re: Bruxism AKA teeth grinding

Hi,

I personally thought there was a 'smaller solution' before purchasing a night guard, but I ended up purchasing one at the beginning. Are you now using one for your clenching/grinding? A night guard really helped me kick my poor habits! I purchased one from TotalGard.com and I felt my problem was solved. I feel 100% today.

- Nigel

I also put off getting the splint, but my grinding gradually weaken and crack the porcelain layer of my crown. So in the end, got worried and got the splint - damage $450.
    Into my 2nd week of using. No discomfort so far.

unfortunately there isn't a cure for bruxism.

where do you guys get your splints from? I'm asking because I reckon my missus should go get one for herself, seeing how I actually do wake up to her grinding her teeth (and I'm quite the sound/heavy sleeper).
    chicken fight!

Quote Originally Posted by teethman8318 View Post
    Hi,

I personally thought there was a 'smaller solution' before purchasing a night guard, but I ended up purchasing one at the beginning. Are you now using one for your clenching/grinding? A night guard really helped me kick my poor habits! I purchased one from TotalGard.com and I felt my problem was solved. I feel 100% today.

- Nigel
    LOL your nickname reflects alot to this thread

Quote Originally Posted by teethman8318 View Post
    Hi,

- Nigel
    new account just for this?
    eat. drink. shoot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12