Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Switching systems all the time...

Quote Originally Posted by chyeo
    Hmm I think was $800++ with a manual flash?

oh same la... I got it at Tampines Mart

Quote Originally Posted by defn
    oh same la... I got it at Tampines Mart
    haha... i got it from cathay photo

I've been changing system once due personal elaborate reason.
    I am using Canon since I am start taking picture seriously starting with EOS 500 - 50E and 300 - EOS 3 + BP-E2, I had few L lenses. When I was with Canon I always pursue better body since I want faster AF until I am settle myself with newly launched EOS 3 and BP-E2 which was claimed has the fastes AF in the world. When I look back in time I want to laugh to myself, what is photography to me is merely thrill of equipment chasing and bragging that I have the fastest AF camera in my neck. I was lucky that I met few photographers that open my eyes. I learnt the important thing is to know beyond equipment limitation and find savvy way to over come it.
    Now with Nikon I only use F80 and D100 but I feel better that before since know I know that I won't have AF as fast as what I had with Canon for granted. I was struggle for the first time and ever frustated about the AF performance. But after really realize the equipment capability, I start using few techniques to overcome my tools limitation, like as, using pre-focus and anticipation for the subject movement. Of course not all the time these tricks working, but all my equipment limitation did not hinder me to take whatever picture I want (except underwater).
    Just sharing my experience.
    W204FL

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthunter
    I've been changing system once due personal elaborate reason.
    I am using Canon since I am start taking picture seriously starting with EOS 500 - 50E and 300 - EOS 3 + BP-E2, I had few L lenses. When I was with Canon I always pursue better body since I want faster AF until I am settle myself with newly launched EOS 3 and BP-E2 which was claimed has the fastes AF in the world. When I look back in time I want to laugh to myself, what is photography to me is merely thrill of equipment chasing and bragging that I have the fastest AF camera in my neck. I was lucky that I met few photographers that open my eyes. I learnt the important thing is to know beyond equipment limitation and find savvy way to over come it.
    Now with Nikon I only use F80 and D100 but I feel better that before since know I know that I won't have AF as fast as what I had with Canon for granted. I was struggle for the first time and ever frustated about the AF performance. But after really realize the equipment capability, I start using few techniques to overcome my tools limitation, like as, using pre-focus and anticipation for the subject movement. Of course not all the time these tricks working, but all my equipment limitation did not hinder me to take whatever picture I want (except underwater).
    Just sharing my experience.
    thanks for sharing... looks like i have similar experience as yours

btw, how's the performance of d100? i was blur when szekiat says it's sub par...

Have you tried it? The low-light AF seems inferior to that of the F90x.

thanks for sharing... looks like i have similar experience as yours

btw, how's the performance of d100? i was blur when szekiat says it's sub par...
    Excellent, even doesn't have the fastest AF in the planet. The paramaters of the camera are highly customizable and great battery life. Well, I am just a happy user of D100 or people may say I am too poor to get D1x/D1h or D2h.
    W204FL

Zerstorer: Yes I tried it. Doesn't matter, I mostly use digital for studio work only

Knighthunter: Yes I like the customisation of the camera... well if you dun need the speed of the pro series, dun bother getting them loh...

the d100? i could go on and on but here's a short list:
    1. NOT ALL PIXELS WERE CREATED EQUAL. I'm currently using a 4.1MPX cam and trust me the photos blow the hell out of the 6MPX of the d100. The color control was just plain irritating. 3/4 of my shots have to go thru post processing. For some this is normal, for me this is unacceptable, wastes too much time. And the general sharpness is just too inconsistent.
    2. AF SPEED. I think i can MF faster than the godddamn thing.
    3. Buffer. What buffer? 6shots for jpeg? Try working with that when u have a fast pace event
    4. Compatibility with MF lenses. Enuff said
    5. Built. Most ppl do not ever encounter a situation where the built of a camera is brought to question. I have. And i can tell you, even the 10D is built a million times better!

haha. so many post while i was compiling my list. If you're using it for studio, i suggest u re consider your options. Some of the best lenses are in MF and u will be denied their usage. I'm talking abt things like the Leica 85mm f1.4 R, the Zeiss stuff... etc.

Quote Originally Posted by szekiat
    haha. so many post while i was compiling my list. If you're using it for studio, i suggest u re consider your options. Some of the best lenses are in MF and u will be denied their usage. I'm talking abt things like the Leica 85mm f1.4 R, the Zeiss stuff... etc.
    i guess he jus wants and need the D100 to work like a polaroid film back camera where he can get instant reviews on the set-up and lightings.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    i guess he jus wants and need the D100 to work like a polaroid film back camera where he can get instant reviews on the set-up and lightings.
    was thinking about using it for product shoots...

well oso for acting as polaroid back, then i no need to go buy polaroid back liao

the d100? i could go on and on but here's a short list:
    1. NOT ALL PIXELS WERE CREATED EQUAL. I'm currently using a 4.1MPX cam and trust me the photos blow the hell out of the 6MPX of the d100. The color control was just plain irritating. 3/4 of my shots have to go thru post processing. For some this is normal, for me this is unacceptable, wastes too much time. And the general sharpness is just too inconsistent.
    2. AF SPEED. I think i can MF faster than the godddamn thing.
    3. Buffer. What buffer? 6shots for jpeg? Try working with that when u have a fast pace event
    4. Compatibility with MF lenses. Enuff said
    5. Built. Most ppl do not ever encounter a situation where the built of a camera is brought to question. I have. And i can tell you, even the 10D is built a million times better!
    well, considering all these, which digi body u recommend then? i need one for product shoots, want to minimise usage of medium format slides all the time... not cost effective

rather expensive. A bronica etrsi with polaroid back is possibly cheaper yah. Besides, the colors from a d100 will prob be different from what u'll get. Enuff said. I'm not slamming anyone's decision. My opinion is possibly bias as i'm currently still fuming over the inabilities of my ex d100

so szekiat, what u recommend?

so szekiat, what u recommend?
    it would be nightmarish if szekiat was to suggest 10D...

or worse still, ur previous D30....
    just a thought!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    it would be nightmarish if szekiat was to suggest 10D...

or worse still, ur previous D30....
    just a thought!
    Yah I tot so too... oh well

hmm...me? i'd say that the final medium u're going to work with is film, then a polaroid back is possibly cheaper and better esp if u're talking abt med format stuff. IF u really must use digital, i'd say any digital compact, say the s50 or something, will do the job at more than 1/2 savings.

hmm...me? i'd say that the final medium u're going to work with is film, then a polaroid back is possibly cheaper and better esp if u're talking abt med format stuff. IF u really must use digital, i'd say any digital compact, say the s50 or something, will do the job at more than 1/2 savings.
    Alrite thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

No I'm not.

1993-2001 Canon EOS 500N
    2001-2003 Nikon F90X (sold Canon and used some savings)
    2003 Canon EOS 3, D30 (sold Nikon and used some earnings from freelance work)
    Now Contax N1, getting Nikon D100 too (sold Canon and used earnings from freelance work)

Get it? I buy things using the cash I earned, not some rich man's kid.
    heh....further evidence to prove that you're not a rich dad's kid!
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...threadid=47669

Man you're really good to be able to cover your expenses thru photography. I admire you man!
    But dont you think it's a bit too much changing cams all the time? Just like most ppl change handphones?

i think u will find the performance of the d100 sub par. haha, i should know. Anyways, the choice is all yours. Its funny that u changed back to canon becos of the AF speed and then now u are picking 2 bodies with argueably the slowest AF speed in the market. hmmm..
    Heh. Szekiat should know...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast