Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Going for a trip to jap...I NEED HELP

Default Re: Going for a trip to jap...I NEED HELP

Cheap?? =p ima on a tight budget...prolly can't buy when ima with my gfs but with my bf that's a WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY MUAHAHA!!

Quote Originally Posted by enchantedream View Post
    Cheap?? =p ima on a tight budget...prolly can't buy when ima with my gfs but with my bf that's a WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY MUAHAHA!!
    I think your BF will in interested to visit there too...
    many cute Japanese gals there also...
    so you make a deal with him.... he see pretty there and you buy and see pretty cloths lor...

Sometime I go there during lunch time....
    that's really help me become more refreshing....

i suppose i dont take many or any self portraits.
    [ dont want to break the lens... ]

so, tripod would be useful for long exposures for me only, but then i always adapt.
    'adapt and overcome' is a well known motto i recall...

never use a light-weight tripod either - for a 1-2kg weighty camera with a large zoom - lightweight is a no-no.
    as i found to my cost at one point a long time ago.
    ( D2's can take the 5ft concrete fall easily, lenses can't... )

also, i have a setting on my camera for the people not used to these things, and its set on auto everything, with very fast shutter speed.
    that means its always in focus, has flash if needed, and wont be blurred at all.
    of course i cant tell them how to .. frame the shot... but then i just tell them to take it again.. and again..

*D700,D2X,D2H,Mamiya*

I am going to Tokyo this sunday for a week with my wife for our annual oversea holiday so I offer you my 5 cents worth of advice based on my experience on oversea trips with my camera + wife.

1) Your 18-135mm is good enough for landscape, portrait etc. You can't possibly bring all the prime lens to cover everything. Additional lens = Heavy weight + troublesome to change lens here and there.

2) Your Kata 467 does not have enough waist support at the side, so you might feel uncomfortable on your shoulders or waist if the load is heavy especially when you starts shopping and buying. When that happens, your bf comes handy. BTW I am my wife's fulltime porter

3) Your Kata 467 bag may not have enough room for tripod. If you have enough juice in your wallet, get a good lightweight travel tripod and ballhead (recommend total weight less than 1.5kg e.g Benro Travel Angel series). Tripod is handy for group photo and nite shoot of scenery. I find it hard not to bring along. IMO Gorillapod is less versatile compare to tripod. One trick to stabilize your light weight tripod. Hang your bag at the hook at the end of the center column.

4) Similar to other CSers who commended on the storage capacity, you must remember to decide whether to get a portable storage, a few high capacity card or bring your laptop. Average pictures taken per day easily can reach 200. So do your maths carefully.

5) Bring your Pns. It will only be good for taking food in the restaurant bcos using DSLR will be a bit exaggerated and invite unwanted stares from other customers.

6) You should have at least one spare battery and keep it in your pocket to prevent the cold temperature from shortening the battery life.

7) A long enough sling for you to carry across your shoulder. Only crumpler works for me as I am of bigger build (1.75m, 90kg)

8) Universal travel plug + multi plug so that you can charge your camera battery, AA batteries and others at the same time

Opps I think my advice becomes part of your checklist. Enjoy your trip! Bon Voyage!
    Last edited by MARTIN1023; 24th February 2009 at 11:37 PM.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by MARTIN1023 View Post
    I am going to Tokyo this sunday for a week with my wife for our annual oversea holiday so I offer you my 5 cents worth of advice based on my experience on oversea trips with my camera + wife.

1) Your 18-135mm is good enough for landscape, portrait etc. You can't possibly bring all the prime lens to cover everything. Additional lens = Heavy weight + troublesome to change lens here and there.

2) Your Kata 467 does not have enough waist support at the side, so you might feel uncomfortable on your shoulders or waist if the load is heavy especially when you starts shopping and buying. When that happens, your bf comes handy. BTW I am my wife's fulltime porter

3) Your Kata 467 bag may not have enough room for tripod. If you have enough juice in your wallet, get a good lightweight travel tripod and ballhead (recommend total weight less than 1.5kg e.g Benro Travel Angel series). Tripod is handy for group photo and nite shoot of scenery. I find it hard not to bring along. IMO Gorillapod is less versatile compare to tripod. One trick to stabilize your light weight tripod. Hang your bag at the hook at the end of the center column.

4) Similar to other CSers who commended on the storage capacity, you must remember to decide whether to get a portable storage, a few high capacity card or bring your laptop. Average pictures taken per day easily can reach 200. So do your maths carefully.

5) Bring your Pns. It will only be good for taking food in the restaurant bcos using DSLR will be a bit exaggerated and invite unwanted stares from other customers.

6) You should have at least one spare battery and keep it in your pocket to prevent the cold temperature from shortening the battery life.

7) A long enough sling for you to carry across your shoulder. Only crumpler works for me as I am of bigger build (1.75m, 90kg)

8) Universal travel plug + multi plug so that you can charge your camera battery, AA batteries and others at the same time

Opps I think my advice becomes part of your checklist. Enjoy your trip! Bon Voyage!
    Haha Thanks martin ^^...yea just got my 10-20mm so =D *grins* I'll be bringing another small camera bag for shopping ^^ needa squeeze through crowds... the bag pack is more for traveling from cities...Yep will bring my lappy and hard drive along...Est. shots will be about 500 i think..lotsa group pictures and landscape(of course).. Will bring my lumix and backup PnS.. Should most prolly be doing a self coffee table book for me and my gfs and one for me and my bf ^^(save up dun need to do wedding shoot use the japan one can already)...

Rubber duckie my bf totally agrees with you...he see pretty then buy me pretty clothes ^^ YAY! haha thanks for that suggestion LMAOO

Wanna ask where to buy IR wireless remote..anyone know??

I got mine at MS Color last year at $16. Any reputable store should sell bah, can call to ask if they have stock then go down lor. Just a small dingy that I keep in my pocket sometimes. ha
    Macro Photography in SG - http://sgmacro.blogspot.com | Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/sgmacro

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234