Thread: Blacklisted cab

Angry Blacklisted cab

This afternoon was on my way to NIE from Parkway, I dozed off since it was a long day, but thanks to the cab slowing down I woke up.
    Wow Mr Cabby was trying to go out onto the bk batok from the highway.
    when he saw me he swerved out of the filter lane and back onto the highway and started driving very fast.
    caught his sneaky glances at me.
    comfort dark blue cab number 7788.
    rider beware.
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

wah.... got this kind of thing one ahh.... should write to Comfort lor..... damn dishonest

sheeSH... econoMY bAD...

thouGH my dad oSO taXI drivER, i condeMN suCH behavioUR

sorry. I don't understand. why is the cab blacklisted? were you on the cab? or were you driving and the cab was trying to hit you or what?

or is it cab driver trying to take a longer journey by getting off the highway?

Quote Originally Posted by loupgarou
    sorry. I don't understand. why is the cab blacklisted? were you on the cab? or were you driving and the cab was trying to hit you or what?

or is it cab driver trying to take a longer journey by getting off the highway?
    was taking the cab lah.
    yeah if he got off the bk batok exit it'll be a few more dollars, than the highway straight to Jalan Bahar.
    my dad cabby also, but attempting to cheat a passenger is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by denizenx
    was taking the cab lah.
    yeah if he got off the bk batok exit it'll be a few more dollars, than the highway straight to Jalan Bahar.
    my dad cabby also, but attempting to cheat a passenger is pathetic.
    Even if he really did that, he can claim that you did not specifiy the route you wanted him to take or he can cook up a story that "Just now the Traffic Watch reported a jam in the PIE, so I take this way to avoid the jam..."

Usually if the destination is someplace familar to me, I will specify the route to take like via CTE or PIE..etc and exit where...etc
    Cos there are many routes to the same destination and the fare varies from different routes.
    Some times if the driver is new or young, he might not know the "shortcuts" to reach the destination faster and hence cannot blame him.

trust me it was really blatant..
    anyway just keep a lookout...
    hard to earn a living but no ethics is no ethics.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston
    "Just now the Traffic Watch reported a jam in the PIE, so I take this way to avoid the jam..."
    Erm, Jalan Bahar that side very seldom jam one. Haha... too ulu...

Quote Originally Posted by A70
    Between 8.00am and 8.30am sometimes it does jam, for vehicles waiting to turn into Nanyang Avenue from northbound Jalan Bahar.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston
    Even if he really did that, he can claim that you did not specifiy the route you wanted him to take or he can cook up a story that "Just now the Traffic Watch reported a jam in the PIE, so I take this way to avoid the jam..."

Usually if the destination is someplace familar to me, I will specify the route to take like via CTE or PIE..etc and exit where...etc
    Cos there are many routes to the same destination and the fare varies from different routes.
    Some times if the driver is new or young, he might not know the "shortcuts" to reach the destination faster and hence cannot blame him.
    Well, he did say the cab driver swerved back out, plus the sneaky glances. I've caught cabs doing that a few time, like past midnight when they thought i was sleeping. It's not that they dont know. They would sometimes take the longer route, then i'd qns them, after that they would drive the shorter route. Now if they didnt know, how would they be able to drive the shorter route in the first place???

No offence but i think cab drivers are good n nice ppl, just some of them that takes advantage of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by A70
    right... try driving on PIE between the Jalan Bahar exit and Pioneer North exit... jam every morining from 8pm to 8.30pm, man!

Quote Originally Posted by pnac
    am la.
    my uncle always complain about that stretch... he works in Tuas

back to the topic, i think it's really dishonest of the driver to do that...