Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45

Thread: What camera bags are you all using?

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New York, New York!
    Posts
    330

    Default

    wow...

    a who's who of the camera baggies? heh heh heh

    seems like LowePro is a fave among most snappers,....

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Town of Queens doing PORT-9YOU
    Posts
    12,716

    Default

    There should be a few Billingham, Tenba, Tamrac or other more exotic bag owners around too.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New York, New York!
    Posts
    330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ23
    There should be a few Billingham, Tenba, Tamrac or other more exotic bag owners around too.
    haha
    i know what u meant...

    i have 2 Tatonka. a Toploader and a free and easy waist pouch. i uses them very often.
    occasionally, a big Ali Baba bag for everything for some days out wth the oldies on some shooting adventure around Singapore.

    just A bunch of happy retirees trooping around...

  4. #24

    Default

    crumpler leh? i personally think that crumpler bags do not give as much protection as lowepro bags... just my 2cents...

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New York, New York!
    Posts
    330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by defn
    crumpler leh? i personally think that crumpler bags do not give as much protection as lowepro bags... just my 2cents...

    wa lau eh brother!! haf u used a Crumpler before?

    haf u seen the Photo Glamour from Crumpler?

    i was like u with the same mentality towards Crumplers... but i was wrong. i saw a Photo Glamour, touch it, caressed it and even switched it wth my Ali Baba for a day and I knew that Crumpler has a winning hand. although it looked rather... 'havoc' to me. so i quickly switched it back to my Ali Baba bag.

    i'm impressed sufficiently to say that Crumpler is a serious photographic equipment bag/brand. much better than my Tatonkas.

    as compared to LowePro? all i can say is... PERSONAL PREFERENCE!!
    Last edited by sadness; 10th October 2003 at 11:26 PM.

  6. #26

    Default

    I got a low pro and 2 donkeys.

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadness
    wa lau eh brother!! haf u used a Crumpler before?

    haf u seen the Photo Glamour from Crumpler?

    i was like u with the same mentality towards Crumplers... but i was wrong. i saw a Photo Glamour, touch it, caressed it and even switched it wth my Ali Baba for a day and I knew that Crumpler has a winning hand. although it looked rather... 'havoc' to me. so i quickly switched it back to my Ali Baba bag.

    i'm impressed sufficiently to say that Crumpler is a serious photographic equipment bag/brand. much better than my Tatonkas.

    as compared to LowePro? all i can say is... PERSONAL PREFERENCE!!

    Is that a series? will check it out... maybe it'll turn my judgement like friendster.com did...

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New York, New York!
    Posts
    330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by defn
    Is that a series? will check it out... maybe it'll turn my judgement like friendster.com did...
    no leh brother...

    photo glamour is a certain camera bag model from Crumpler la
    i think is the largest. not bad! can hold some 2 bodies and 4 lenses and 2 flashes..

    the interior setting is all adjustable to suit ur own requirements... but a word of warning...

    if u don't want to look as ridiculous as i was when i used the Crumpler bag... (mindful of my own age, ahem) then pls don't go and buy one...
    Crumplers can make u really youthful!!
    oh no!!!!

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadness
    no leh brother...

    photo glamour is a certain camera bag model from Crumpler la
    i think is the largest. not bad! can hold some 2 bodies and 4 lenses and 2 flashes..

    the interior setting is all adjustable to suit ur own requirements... but a word of warning...

    if u don't want to look as ridiculous as i was when i used the Crumpler bag... (mindful of my own age, ahem) then pls don't go and buy one...
    Crumplers can make u really youthful!!
    oh no!!!!

    I'm 17 this year...

  10. #30
    Member patch17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    728

    Default

    Crumpler Talle. given as a gift, will be kept forever.

    and when i don't really need a bag... accessories go into cargo pants pockets (love them) and camrera hangs around the neck.
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    1. Crumpler Weenie w/Camera Insert
    2. Lowepro Nova 5 AW

    defn:

    Crumpler does offer very adequate protection for your gear but of course, you need to make sure you do not over load the bag.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Woodlands, Singapore
    Posts
    2,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ23
    There should be a few Billingham, Tenba, Tamrac or other more exotic bag owners around too.

    Tenba is my all-time favorite. I have 2 Tenba MetroPak P839s (one bought a few years ago just to keep as a spare & still unused), a P859 which i sold off as it was too big & seldom used & a Photo BackPack which I use as a normal back pack also most days.

    Also have a LowePro Omni Trekker.

  13. #33
    Moderator teerex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,883

    Default

    1.MiniTrekker AW
    2.Photo Runner
    3.Medium sized camera bag, bought in NZ
    4.A aluminium case, 28yrs old
    5.Nikon original camera bag, 28yrs old.

  14. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    1. Crumpler Weenie w/Camera Insert
    2. Lowepro Nova 5 AW

    defn:

    Crumpler does offer very adequate protection for your gear but of course, you need to make sure you do not over load the bag.

    hows about the price factor?

  15. #35

    Default

    Lowepro D-Res 30AW.
    small and compact. just manage to squeez in DC, a set of spare batt and some cleaning accessories

  16. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by defn
    hows about the price factor?
    To me Crumpler is more X when compare bags with similar capacity

  17. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by defn
    Just curious. Which model and how much did you get it for? Are you satisfied with it? Any special features?
    Lowepro Rover Plus AW for family outing or travels.
    Domke F2 for photo outing (SLR + Rangefinders)
    Lowepro Nova 1 for casual photo session (SLR or Rangefinders).

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    3,136

    Default

    Using the awesome Lowepro Nova 2!

  19. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freeworld
    Lowepro D-Res 30AW.
    small and compact. just manage to squeez in DC, a set of spare batt and some cleaning accessories

    How much did u get it for? CP quoted me $19... Thinking of getting it. What camera are you using?

  20. #40
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Kitten's Den
    Posts
    733

    Default

    What would be a good choice to put the following :

    A SLR (without vertical grip) + a 2x teleconverter + Tokina 100-300 f4 with lens hood on in assembled position.
    A Metz 40MZ2 or similar flash.
    A Digital camera, eg. a A1.
    A 8x25 or 8x30 bino.

    Must be a _backpack_ with compartments to well organise a lot of small accessories, with everything easily accessable and must fit under a airline seat.

    Does something like this exist or am I asking for too much.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •