Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: which camera to get for close-up

  1. #1
    Member xllms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    AngMoKio, Singapore
    Posts
    83

    Default which camera to get for close-up

    hi guys,

    i have laid off from my canon EOS50E for a long time and recently i need a camera to do some closed up shots to be sent for magazine publications in USA. As my EOS50E is no longer working perfectly, I would like to get a new camera to do this job.

    I am considering a digital one so that I can view the outcome. Initially, I was thinking of getting the Canon EOS300D but I thought that getting a more compact and portable one will be better to use as a back up camera when I move around since I still prefer the quality from prints and slides. (I have to admit that sharing components between EOS300D & EOS50E is very tempting for me)

    I am considering the Canon G5 & Sony DSC-V1. Are there any other mades of equivalent quality that I can consider?

    Also I was thinking of getting a 2nd hand Canon G3 to try out first.

    I hope I can get some advice from the experts here.

    p/s: i used to take architectural pictures as a hobby

    xllms

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xllms
    hi guys,

    i have laid off from my canon EOS50E for a long time and recently i need a camera to do some closed up shots to be sent for magazine publications in USA. As my EOS50E is no longer working perfectly, I would like to get a new camera to do this job.

    I am considering a digital one so that I can view the outcome. Initially, I was thinking of getting the Canon EOS300D but I thought that getting a more compact and portable one will be better to use as a back up camera when I move around since I still prefer the quality from prints and slides. (I have to admit that sharing components between EOS300D & EOS50E is very tempting for me)

    I am considering the Canon G5 & Sony DSC-V1. Are there any other mades of equivalent quality that I can consider?

    Also I was thinking of getting a 2nd hand Canon G3 to try out first.

    I hope I can get some advice from the experts here.

    p/s: i used to take architectural pictures as a hobby

    xllms


    Hi xllms,

    You may want to check out Nikon CP5400. Good Marco and also wide 28mm lens
    which should be useful for your hobby. I am very happy with mine.

    Have fun.


    Billy.

  3. #3
    Member xllms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    AngMoKio, Singapore
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy
    Hi xllms,

    You may want to check out Nikon CP5400. Good Marco and also wide 28mm lens
    which should be useful for your hobby. I am very happy with mine.

    Have fun.


    Billy.
    thanks for your recommendations, btw, how much did u pay for it?

    xllms

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xllms
    thanks for your recommendations, btw, how much did u pay for it?

    xllms

    Hi xllms,

    I bought it from Selangor Photo in KL for RM2,400.00 about three months ago.
    The price have dropped since. I was offered a unit at slightly below RM2,000.00 last week by MY CAMERA.COM, 03-60, 3rd Floor, Berjaya Times Square, K.L.
    Maybe, it's their new shop opening special offer ..!!

    Not sure about price for the unit in Singapore now. I think it was around S$1,1xx. last time.


    Regards.

    Billy.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •