View Poll Results: Got scolded during street shot?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

67 44.37%
  • No

84 55.63%
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast

Thread: got scolded when doing street shot?

Default Re: got scolded when doing street shot?

the datafile is written to memory in a sequential manner, so if u r using a new cards/reformatted card - after deleting the file, the chance of recovering is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    like i always say, you can have the law, and the law dictates that photographers have every right to take photos in public places.

but there is also the issue of people who do not care about the law, it could be a moment of impulse, it could be that they are having a bad day. the key point is that you handle it nicely and don't end up being confrontational.

i think most photographers here who dabble in street will not mind having their own picture taken actually, since they know what and why the picture is taken. of course, this applies only to a certain extent.

why you are getting heated replies is really because of your tendency to make generalising, sweeping statements with not much to back it up.
    I see.. lol, i also do street photog, but i dun get such reactions.. Maybe those people i take of are also people who do street photog?

lol, i really did saw a couple of street photog who kena that, thats why, i post the way like that..So as to see how do other photographers generally react.. No offence to all those who reply me with heated words.. coz that time i saw that photog guy kena, and he tried explaining and showed his camera to the other guy, but the other party kept scolding and wanted to do body harm.. I almost went up to help, but the situation was diffused by a guy.. wonder how he did it sia..

But another question is, what will u do if the "victim" threatens body harm, even though u already showed him the photos u taken.. and does not back down from confronting you.. coz i dont think u can call the police down in time, so what do u do at that point of time?
    EOS 30D+50mm MKII+18-55mm IS.. What I use do not define me.. Its the photos that I take that will..

Quote Originally Posted by yeekhai View Post
    the datafile is written to memory in a sequential manner, so if u r using a new cards/reformatted card - after deleting the file, the chance of recovering is very good.
    hmmm, can recommend the software?

I'm practically drooling at the thought that i can retrieve deleted images..
    EOS 30D+50mm MKII+18-55mm IS.. What I use do not define me.. Its the photos that I take that will..

Quote Originally Posted by seiji87 View Post
    hmmm, can recommend the software?

I'm practically drooling at the thought that i can retrieve deleted images..
    Just go buy a Lexar CF card, they have the software inside
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    tats cool...but i hvnt the chance to do street shots yet. someone organize one? then i go n learn.

U sure? ok then, i next week go buy one and try it out.. i also need to get a extra mem cf card too.. lol, cool sia.. meaning even if i delete the photo of the person, i also get to retrieve it.. cool man!!

oh ya, back to the question, how do u guys react if someone threatens body harm towards u and keeps confronting u even though u already showed the person the photos and it doesnt contain his/her images at all.. how do u react? if u are not able to call the police down in time?

lol, dun ask me go study political science and become negotiator sia.. i si bei chui de.. if ask me go become negotiator like the guy who diffuse the situation between the photog and the "victim", in my previous post. i confirm chui..

good good, thats the point of idea when i asked this sort of question, it is to gather more types of reactions what photographers will make when confronted with this sort of situation.
    We have an entire, long FAQ on photographer's rights already posted here. why not read up and enlighten yourself instead of posting ill-informed comments that are basically rubbish?
    Alpha

oh ya, back to the question, how do u guys react if someone threatens body harm towards u and keeps confronting u even though u already showed the person the photos and it doesnt contain his/her images at all.. how do u react? if u are not able to call the police down in time?
    Smile and ignore him. If he touches me, I subdue him. Then I call the cops and have him arrested.
    Alpha

U sure? ok then, i next week go buy one and try it out.. i also need to get a extra mem cf card too.. lol, cool sia.. meaning even if i delete the photo of the person, i also get to retrieve it.. cool man!!

lol, dun ask me go study political science and become negotiator sia.. i si bei chui de.. if ask me go become negotiator like the guy who diffuse the situation between the photog and the "victim", in my previous post. i confirm chui..
    i never liked violence. but if tat guy turns violent, first instinct is to protect my cam. zhao if i hv to. lastly hoot him back if he manages to land a punch. then i wldnt be charged ba?

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    We have an entire, long FAQ on photographer's rights already posted here. why not read up and enlighten yourself instead of posting ill-informed comments that are basically rubbish?
    Lol, love to.. but i couldnt find it.. under which section is it? i use the search button but cannot find it.. mind giving a hint? coz i want to download and keep a copy in my wallet just in case i si bei suay meet this kind of people who threatens and want to do body harm like the guy i mentioned..

and btw, thats not ill informed comments, like what i said in the previous post, dont jump to conclusion first.. i saw and heard the guy threatening the photog with the so called ill-informed comments (if u are meaning about the threats, is it? if not, then i apologize), and it was one incident that i remember very well.. and one that i can remember up to this day..
    Last edited by seiji87; 22nd March 2009 at 01:59 AM.

Lol, love to.. but i couldnt find it.. under which section is it? i use the search button but cannot find it.. mind giving a hint? coz i want to download and keep a copy in my wallet just in case i si bei suay meet this kind of people who threatens and want to do body harm like the guy i mentioned..

and btw, thats not ill informed comments, like what i said in the previous post, dont jump to conclusion first.. i saw and heard the guy threatening the photog with the so called ill-informed comments (if u are meaning about the threats, is it? if not, then i apologize), and it was one incident that i remember very well.. and one that i can remember up to this day..
    You had threatened to beat up ppl already....

so wat kind of advice do you think ppl will accept from you? For goodness sake, READ MORE and watch what you're saying in the first place.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

I still haven't got scolded! at all!

Wonder when it will happen...

hmm.

I think is the closest i've gone thus far. (with a 35mm lens)

well, Yoricko, unless u got a better idea.. why dont u share with us?

coz personally, if i suspect the fellow is taking my photo, delibrately taking, and i ask to see the the photo and he doesnt and acts suspicious, i will just break his fingers..

So unless u have a better idea on how to deal with this sort of people, please share with us..
    to denniskee, i am not sure whether u read the previous posts of mine and just jump straight to conclusion, but what i do is, i always ask the photographer nicely and politely to delete the photos if he did take my pics even if i am a bit of a bad mood that day.

anyway, i hope those who read my posts, read them thoroughly, please try to understand first, what i'm trying to say or ask before replying.

coz ultimately, the question here is, (coz i believe many of you might have met some people who scold u even when u are not taking their photos), how do you deal with them, even if they threaten to harm you.. coz i have seen photographers who were threatened with body contact when the question is that the photographers didnt even take their photos in the first place, and that even thought the photog show the "victim" the photos they took, and none of the photos, i believed, contains the "victims" images.. and yet they threatend to do the sort of body contact i have mentioned..

and in case u just see the middle part only, this is the question i'm asking about,

so, how do each and everyone of you react to this sort of situation? coz different photographers have different types of ways to react to this sort of situation.

anyway, be happy and relax when replying!
    now i am confuse, in ur previous post, u wrote :

coz personally, if i suspect the fellow is taking my photo, delibrately taking, and i ask to see the the photo and he doesnt and acts suspicious, i will just break his fingers..

so with that statement, is that what u how u will react? or u r quoting others reply (if so, u should highlight u r quoting others reply lar)?

sorry i have mis-understood.
    Last edited by denniskee; 22nd March 2009 at 02:17 AM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

You had threatened to beat up ppl already....

so wat kind of advice do you think ppl will accept from you? For goodness sake, READ MORE and watch what you're saying in the first place.
    erm, dude.. unless u have not been reading what i said, i can mention one more time.. I saw and heard this guy threatening to do body harm which i mentioned in the previous post..

and like what i wrote in my previous post, i cannot find the thing even if i use the search button, so can help me by telling me which section?

to denniskee, i was just saying that like the guy i mentioned in the previous post, but i dun think its appropriate to post over here as it will be off topic.. but i guess i can say abt what happen a bit.. just pm me if u wanna know what actually happen when i saw that incident.. denniskee, i will pm u that incident.. coz i forgot to type "the guy mentioned"..

My apologies... but can you pls be more specific in future to prevent such mis-understandings
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

okay, my apologies to everyone if u're confused.. I'm very sorry, because of a small mistake on my part, i made everyone confused.. By the way, if u want to know why i wrote that, pm me, so i can pm u the story of what i saw.. so that u can get a better understanding why i wrote in that way..

And again, my apologizes for not making myself clear.

erm, dude.. unless u have not been reading what i said, i can mention one more time.. I saw and heard this guy threatening to do body harm which i mentioned in the previous post..

and like what i wrote in my previous post, i cannot find the thing even if i use the search button, so can help me by telling me which section?

to denniskee, i was just saying that like the guy i mentioned in the previous post, but i dun think its appropriate to post over here as it will be off topic.. but i guess i can say abt what happen a bit.. just pm me if u wanna know what actually happen when i saw that incident.. denniskee, i will pm u that incident.. coz i forgot to type "the guy mentioned"..
    oh!!!

so that is a statement made by others, so u just quoting them.

sorry lah, me bad
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    oh!!!

so that is a statement made by others, so u just quoting them.

sorry lah, me bad
    actually it was my bad, coz i wanted to know how different photographers react mah, for me, if i ever meet this guy or someone like him, i will run like crazy to 10 blocks away.. (coz i still remember his face, not sure if he seen my face though)

and if i were to quote, i wouldnt get to know how different photographers react, coz everyone will be like, chey, he's just quoting.. and i know there's the photographers' right, but i dont think it will get u out of harms way even if u quote to the guy who is so angry that he wants to hantam you sia..

and eh, actually, no.. i wasnt quoting anyone coz i saw and heard it for myself.. nothing beats hearing and seeing the things happening before ur eyes which will leave u bewildered and scared at the same time..
    Last edited by seiji87; 22nd March 2009 at 03:15 AM.

ooo.. thanks zac.. thanks, coz i really cannot find this, unless its somewhere deep inside the sections..

anyway, thanks!!

But, like the title says, and i just adding on, how do u react if someone threatens u and keeps confronting u even if u apologize and show them u never took the photo? coz the photographer's rights which i just seen doesnt cover what happens if u are threatend with body harm by a person even if u nvr take their photos, coz i seriously only seen and heard, but havent kena yet.. so if u have any ideas or suggestions, please pm me or post up here as a form of precaution as to what to do.. sorry if i go off topic. i think i should go make a new topic.. hope to hear from u guys there!!
    Last edited by seiji87; 22nd March 2009 at 03:17 AM.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast