Thread: Max mini --> anyone tried this before?

Default Max mini --> anyone tried this before?

Anyone used before? Appreciate if there is some feedbacks on this....... cheers!
    D300|35mm f/2|85mm f/1.4|18-200 mm VR|17-55mm f/2.8 |70-300 F4-5.6|Tok 11-16 f/2.8|SB800|MB-D10|

Default Re: Max mini --> anyone tried this before?

My father is using a similar product in Malaysia since 2 years ago. but he got it from a china guy and so far so good. Though i am kind of worry, but it reduces my father's house and office electricity bills. Where did you find this thing from?

if this is so good, why dont HDB incorporate it in every household? People pay 200k to 800k for a HBD unit. What's a hundred dollars device to HDB?

somehow, i feel its just a voltage regulator and the unit itself draws energy too. but it probably make the home users more conscious of electricity use since this is not a miracle device that can defray the cost of switching on 4 aircon units 24x7. i would go for it if it can and not suffer in heat.

i bought this product last nov 08 (during sitex 08) and as they claimed to be able to reduce the electricity consumption. they do have some hard evidence as proof, with a reduction in consumption ranging between 15-30%. they even demo to me at sitex prior to my purchase. it comes with 3 mths 'trial' period, where if no reduction is noticable, they will fully refund the purchased price (SGD209) without question asked.

well, during my trial period shows no significant improvement. so i went to their office today, brought along my latest SP bill as evidence. after some discussion, we came to a conclusion that there is a small drop in electricity consumption, when comparing Nov 08 and Feb 09, which is abt SGD6. i told them for me to ROI, it will takes 35mths, so i choose to return the product to them instead of accepting their offer to try for another 2 mths. got my money back. btw, my mthly electricity consumption is hovering ard 350kWh, which is relatively quite low.

apparently, this product does not really reduce a household electricity consumption for appliances like water heater, induction cooker etc as these are not high loading appliances. it will be most effective if a household has airconds turn on for really long hours. but i seldom turn on my airconds, so i guess this is the reason why i dont see any significant savings. also if in future when i need this device, i can just buy from them, again comes with another 3 mths trial period.

for info, their website: www.h2hgroup.com.sg, the device is called Mini Sun Power. they are frequent exhibitor at those quarterly fairs (IT Show, Sitex, Comex, ?? show ).

Great feedback. I had reduced power consumption by 60% at home without use of special gadgets. I used my logic to trace out the high drainage areas and made changes by either changing the device to more energy efficient unit, ditching it and most importantly, reducing ac usage.

A simple thing like fluorescent tube may seem very energy efficient, but little do we know that the ballast burns lotsa energy too. incandescent and hallogen are the main culprit usually.

The new LED lights may look tempting, but if you touch on the module, it burns so hot that can cook an egg. The LED technology (for halogen replacement) is not there yet for now to really cut energy imho.

Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post

apparently, this product does not really reduce a household electricity consumption for appliances like water heater, induction cooker etc as these are not high loading appliances. it will be most effective if a household has airconds turn on for really long hours. but i seldom turn on my airconds, so i guess this is the reason why i dont see any significant savings. also if in future when i need this device, i can just buy from them, again comes with another 3 mths trial period.

for info, their website: www.h2hgroup.com.sg, the device is called Mini Sun Power. they are frequent exhibitor at those quarterly fairs (IT Show, Sitex, Comex, ?? show ).

This device works if you have a lot of inductive loads i.e. electrical machines with motors like air-con, fridge etc. I gave back the most of what I studied years ago in electrical engineering so I will not go into the details. If you use very little of this then the savings is minimal. I believe there are 'industrial' models of these devices used in factory where there are lots of motors and the cost savings is quite significant.

The link here have a faq on a product which may be similar to the max mini.