Thread: Stacking Stones

Default Stacking Stones

This is the first image of my series and i would really appricieate some C&C. Photograph was my first attemp at creating a HDR image. Didn't use a tripod so I just created 3 different exposure with the raw file. As this is one of my first attemps, C&C for the general picture would be useful xD but if I had to specifiy it, comments on the post processing technique would be most important.

I generaly liked it, the bokeh, DOF and the colours from the HDR really matched well together. Anyway please C&C away, I've still go much more to learn.

Thanks
    Shek

Shot taken under the afternoon sun.
    f/3.8
    1/1250sec
    ISO-200
    18-55@20mm

Default Re: Stacking Stones

HDR stands for high dynamic range. Here, the dynamic range is still narrow. You have not fully utilised the technique of HDR. Successes here include having a single, centralised subject, but that's about it. There is nothing much about the photo that screams out loud "amazing photo!"

find another background.. will be great.. =)

Quote Originally Posted by ssping83 View Post
    find another background.. will be great.. =)
    Agree with this. I personally would prefer a nice sea or sunset kinda background thing. Or a little kid by the rocks stacking it..

much too saturated with your greens popping up very uglily from the picture.

do you not realise that the background greens are competing with your stones for attention?

your background also looks like it has been computer generated. is that a result you really want, or just something "different" for the sake of being different?