Thread: How to fire G2's built-in flash with ext Speedlite at same time?

Default How to fire G2's built-in flash with ext Speedlite at same time?

Currently I use a Speedlite for bounce flash for indoor shots. But I find that the photos would definitely look better with fill-in flash. Trouble is I do not know of any way to fire the built-in flash at the same time. Anyone knows?

thanks in advance.
    sf

Default Re: How to fire G2's built-in flash with ext Speedlite at same time?

Originally posted by sfhuang
    Currently I use a Speedlite for bounce flash for indoor shots. But I find that the photos would definitely look better with fill-in flash. Trouble is I do not know of any way to fire the built-in flash at the same time. Anyone knows?

thanks in advance.
    sf
    how about fit a cheap slave trigger onto your Speedlite and use your built in to trigger that?

that way both your flashes will go off at the same time...

Sorry, I am a newbie, but if I can remember correctly, the Speedlite 420EX can also be use as a slave flash.

Originally posted by Goondu
    Sorry, I am a newbie, but if I can remember correctly, the Speedlite 420EX can also be use as a slave flash.
    i am a newbie too..

u can use 420EX as a slave provided u got a 550EX as a master

right?

Hmm... not too sure about the 420EX, but I thought normally a slave flash means its a slave follower meaning it will fire when ever it sees a flash going off, regardless of what brand/model the leading flash is?

Originally posted by ziploc
    Hmm... not too sure about the 420EX, but I thought normally a slave flash means its a slave follower meaning it will fire when ever it sees a flash going off, regardless of what brand/model the leading flash is?
    Read that the 420EX slave mode is wireless triggered. It even supports TTL over the wireless link. Not sure if it supports the flash-driven slave mode. If it doesn't, then you would require dedicated master or camera with the wireless link to trigger it remotely. I believe an off-the-shelve slave trigger should work with 420 also, provided the hot-shoe coupling is compatible.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

thanks for the info, guys.

eh sorry but side track abit...how much is the 420ex??

Originally posted by Goose
    eh sorry but side track abit...how much is the 420ex??
    Price should be from $320 to$350...

Originally posted by Paladin

Price should be from $320 to$350...
    Thanks!!