Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: PS effect question.....

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    526

    Default PS effect question.....

    how does one recreate the vignette-like effect shown in this photo?

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/21304772@N06/3005129037

    thanks!

  2. #2

    Default Re: PS effect question.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ReiszRie View Post
    how does one recreate the vignette-like effect shown in this photo?

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/21304772@N06/3005129037

    thanks!
    one way is to use the lasso tool to select the vignette area that you want, invert the selection, create a new levels adjustment layer, then adjust the middle (grey) arrow to the right until you get the desired results.
    check out my flickr album. :)

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    526

    Default Re: PS effect question.....

    Quote Originally Posted by redpixel View Post
    one way is to use the lasso tool to select the vignette area that you want, invert the selection, create a new levels adjustment layer, then adjust the middle (grey) arrow to the right until you get the desired results.
    i've just tried the method but the edge where the different levels intersect looks hard and unrealistic, i'm not sure if i'm doing it right, could you whip up a photo with such using the above mentioned method as a sample? thanks!

  4. #4
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: PS effect question.....

    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  5. #5

    Default Re: PS effect question.....

    For a faster way if you are using CS3, use the lens correction- vignetting control.
    Inferiority Complex Behavior Signature: A900.D3x.M9..I have this and that blah blah...

  6. #6

    Default Re: PS effect question.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ReiszRie View Post
    i've just tried the method but the edge where the different levels intersect looks hard and unrealistic, i'm not sure if i'm doing it right, could you whip up a photo with such using the above mentioned method as a sample? thanks!
    maybe you can try this too: http://www.digiretus.com/tippek/cikkiro.php?SORSZAM=101
    check out my flickr album. :)

  7. #7

    Default Re: PS effect question.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ReiszRie View Post
    i've just tried the method but the edge where the different levels intersect looks hard and unrealistic, i'm not sure if i'm doing it right, could you whip up a photo with such using the above mentioned method as a sample? thanks!
    Use feather tool
    "If triangles had Gods, they would be three-sided"
    Flickr|

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •