Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: How to make full use of your bridge camera?

  1. #1

    Default How to make full use of your bridge camera?

    Hey guys, I own a Fujifilm Finepix S2000Hd..

    How do you guys make full use of your bridge cameras? Or known as prosumer..

    Anyway, i would like to ask if its better to capture pics in 10megapix(normal dimensions) or 8megapix(16:9).. I got a problem in choosing both of them...

    Tell me which one will you choose..
    The Railway Enthusiast. Keretapi Tanah Melayu. KTM Intercity. Click for my DeviantART page

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,002

    Default Re: How to make full use of your bridge camera?

    not too sure what do you mean by "how to make full use"..

    erm.. take more pictures?!

  3. #3

    Default Re: How to make full use of your bridge camera?

    erm like using the settings for the camera.. how to use the camera to its fullest... besides taking more picture.
    The Railway Enthusiast. Keretapi Tanah Melayu. KTM Intercity. Click for my DeviantART page

  4. #4
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: How to make full use of your bridge camera?

    like any other camera,

    use the lowest iso if shooting static object, use tripod is shutter speed is too low.

    use the suitable shutter speed to freeze moving subject (if thats what u want),

    pump iso if u want the ambient light in low light situation.

    there are no technical difference between any form of camera, try read more, see more and shoot more than and compare ur own photo to others' similar photos that u think is better than ur, understand why is that so.

    would u believe a photog using compact digital won some of photojournalism's most prestigious awards in 2004, including the U.S. National Press Photographers Association's Best of Photojournalism Magazine Photographer of the Year Award and the U.S. Overseas Press Club's Feature Photography Award?

    http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...id=7-6468-7844
    Last edited by denniskee; 11th February 2009 at 06:40 PM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  5. #5

    Default Re: How to make full use of your bridge camera?

    hmm okay..

    what abt this?
    Anyway, i would like to ask if its better to capture pics in 10megapix(normal dimensions) or 8megapix(16:9).. I got a problem in choosing both of them...
    The Railway Enthusiast. Keretapi Tanah Melayu. KTM Intercity. Click for my DeviantART page

  6. #6

    Default Re: How to make full use of your bridge camera?

    it really depends on what you are shooting.. for example, the 16:9 format tends to suit landscapes better, its a personal preference..

  7. #7

    Default Re: How to make full use of your bridge camera?

    hmm.. what if use that(16:9) for normal pictures? will it be great?

    yes i know its up to personal preference, but i somehow think it would be awkward using that format..
    The Railway Enthusiast. Keretapi Tanah Melayu. KTM Intercity. Click for my DeviantART page

  8. #8
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: How to make full use of your bridge camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by Interception7 View Post
    hmm okay..

    what abt this?
    Anyway, i would like to ask if its better to capture pics in 10megapix(normal dimensions) or 8megapix(16:9).. I got a problem in choosing both of them...
    i think at 10mp, it is in 2/3 or 4/3 (dont know which one), & 8mp in is 16:9 (since u wrtoe that). they are different in aspect ration. 2/3 format used to be the normal presentation of prints, later come 4/3. 16:9 is consider more of a pano (wide) format. so it depends on how u wants to present ur photo.

    in term of quality, look at it this way, the camera did not change any of its lens elements, sensors, processor.....etc. if u zoom in 100% on u monitor without post processing, can you tell the difference?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  9. #9
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: How to make full use of your bridge camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Chan View Post
    it really depends on what you are shooting.. for example, the 16:9 format tends to suit landscapes better, its a personal preference..
    if i may add, tall buildings also nice.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  10. #10
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: How to make full use of your bridge camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by Interception7 View Post
    hmm.. what if use that(16:9) for normal pictures? will it be great?

    yes i know its up to personal preference, but i somehow think it would be awkward using that format..
    than look at my reply to u post#4.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  11. #11

    Default Re: How to make full use of your bridge camera?

    thanks for the reply.. i guess i will have to do some/more test shots.. but somehow, i feel that taking in 16:9 format looks nicer.. somehow the pics tends to get abit wider..

    ive volunteered myself to be a contributor to the school's gallery..some of my photos are uploaded there..
    The Railway Enthusiast. Keretapi Tanah Melayu. KTM Intercity. Click for my DeviantART page

  12. #12
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: How to make full use of your bridge camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by Interception7 View Post
    thanks for the reply.. i guess i will have to do some/more test shots.. but somehow, i feel that taking in 16:9 format looks nicer.. somehow the pics tends to get abit wider..

    ive volunteered myself to be a contributor to the school's gallery..some of my photos are uploaded there..
    alamak, of cause it looks wide lar, 16:9 compare to the other 2.

    its like u are saying that wide angle lens covers more compare to normal lens, given same distant from the subject.
    Last edited by denniskee; 11th February 2009 at 07:09 PM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  13. #13

    Default Re: How to make full use of your bridge camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    alamak, of cause it looks wide lar, 16:9 compare to the other 2.
    hahaha, i guess i should stick to 16:9 for the time being..

    anyway, here are the examples:

    10M:
    http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/q...s/DSCF0007.jpg
    8M:
    http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/q...s/DSCF0006.jpg

    i guess.. got alot of changes in it? hahaha... i mean, the way i focus the pic again..
    The Railway Enthusiast. Keretapi Tanah Melayu. KTM Intercity. Click for my DeviantART page

  14. #14
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: How to make full use of your bridge camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by Interception7 View Post
    hahaha, i guess i should stick to 16:9 for the time being..

    anyway, here are the examples:

    10M:
    http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/q...s/DSCF0007.jpg
    8M:
    http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/q...s/DSCF0006.jpg

    i guess.. got alot of changes in it? hahaha... i mean, the way i focus the pic again..
    why not u crop the 10mp photo to similar coverage as the 8mp photo, after that zoom in 100% to see for urself if there is a difference?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  15. #15

    Default Re: How to make full use of your bridge camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    why not u crop the 10mp photo to similar coverage as the 8mp photo, after that zoom in 100% to see for urself if there is a difference?
    will do it soon..
    The Railway Enthusiast. Keretapi Tanah Melayu. KTM Intercity. Click for my DeviantART page

  16. #16
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: How to make full use of your bridge camera?

    why not take at full 10mp and crop to your desired aspect ratio

  17. #17

    Default Re: How to make full use of your bridge camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    why not take at full 10mp and crop to your desired aspect ratio
    hmm.. good idea.. but maybe the reason why i chose 8mp is because original frm the camera and not edited.. then.. erm, save memory space..
    The Railway Enthusiast. Keretapi Tanah Melayu. KTM Intercity. Click for my DeviantART page

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •