Thread: Penang Building

akyo77
    Guests

Default Penang Building

I am newbie here, and my english also not good.
    But can u please give some opinion to my photo?

the first shot could be composed better - it's not clear whether the focus is on the birds or the design in the roof. it is also not very sharp and the colours not very saturated. tho these things could be a result of equipment or something.

the 2nd shot is much better but the tree on the right is distracting. perhaps another angle might have worked better. looks a slightly tilted too.

I agree that the first picture lacks a clear subject.

That seems to be the same probelm with the second picture also. Though is is clear that the subject is the mosque, there is major distraction caused by the large patch of over-exposed sky, the tree on the left, as well as the chopped-off base of the building.

In fact my impression is that there is more thought put into the first shot than the second.

Both shots can be improved if the sky is blue.

For the second shot, try taking from different angles. I see a potential of shooting from the left with a medium telephoto lens showing the different domes stacked upon each other.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

akyo77
    Guests

thanks for your all advice. I will try my best next time.