Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Photoshop question... please help me, thanks~

Default Re: A Photoshop question... please help me, thanks~

Quote Originally Posted by whangjeeha View Post
    hi all

sorry i am not trying to blame my photographer
    In your case, you should blame the photographer, if you are paying him good money .... OR
    you blame yourself if you are not paying him anything.

IMHO, this is totally due to the photographer's inexperience ....
    always the Light, .... always.

Blog Entries

i believe that it will be a lost cause, as a photo taken with the flash lighting everything up clear and sharp
    will be very very difficult to DI into a non flash, candle lit scene.

have fun

I sympathize with you about capturing the ambiance of those moments but unfortunately you cannot turn flash photography into available light. It's an impossibility. Everything is washed with light. It simply doesn't have the nuances of available light,shadow,contrast,subtleness of form. Consider the work that crews in television and motion pictures go to make each scene appear natural and then imagine trying to turn each of your wedding pictures into available light situations instead of pictures taken by flash. It would be much simpler to recreate the moment( and you can imagine what a gargantuan task that would be ), than to do what you're asking.

TS asked a simple question on how to edit or improve the pictures to his like. But members here start to mention about photographer's experience and blame etc. Even saying that the TS did not tell the camera men what he likes. These will put fears on many like those who are taking pictures for friends or volunteers.

All of us takes and view pictures in various perspectives. Of course experiences help. Better still, the camera men can take the scenes with different technical approachs and see what the employer like. Which way a picture should be taken is right? Some professionally taken pictures can even turn out to be un-appreciated by the employer.

With all the experiences, I belief, we know one man's meant is another poison. Some like pictures bright, some others prefer it with natural lightings.

I must congratulate the TS for his very kind hearted question and his understanding. He deserved to be assist with the art and knowledge about photo software and its limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by Staro View Post
    TS asked a simple question on how to edit or improve the pictures to his like. But members here start to mention about photographer's experience and blame etc. Even saying that the TS did not tell the camera men what he likes. These will put fears on many like those who are taking pictures for friends or volunteers.

All of us takes and view pictures in various perspectives. Of course experiences help. Better still, the camera men can take the scenes with different technical approachs and see what the employer like. Which way a picture should be taken is right? Some professionally taken pictures can even turn out to be un-appreciated by the employer.

With all the experiences, I belief, we know one man's meant is another poison. Some like pictures bright, some others prefer it with natural lightings.

I must congratulate the TS for his very kind hearted question and his understanding. He deserved to be assist with the art and knowledge about photo software and its limitations.
    Fears and caution before the event is better than regret after it. Take it with a positive light, the advices given by others can also be applicable to others who are or will be facing the situation.

We would like to assist with the technical aspect of the photos, but we are giving a realistic assessment that it might not be salvageable.

sorry all.... there is so many replies and I didn't even know there is a page 2 until now...

i will upload all my pictures to flickr by this weekend and show you all...

i thank you all for your help, also especially to those who PM me their email so that they can help.....

Quote Originally Posted by Staro View Post

Hi Staro

Thanks for your understanding.... i believe every photographer or every wedding couples have their own thinking and style they preferred.... My photographer may have chosen his best style of taking photos for me (perhaps the venue is too dark, he only hope that our facial expression could be seen clearly or that sort) .... I only blame myself for not choosing the photographer whose style that suits my taste... so Now, i hope i can salvage as many photos as I could.... even if it cannot be done, at least i tried..... and perhaps, thru this experience, i could learn photoshop as well... taking it as a learning experience...

Once again, i will upload to Flickr so that i can receive opinions from all experts here....

thanks~~~~

Dear whangjeeha,

Your problem is similar to converting day to night in photoshop. Do a search for "photoshop day to night", then you can look at the tutorials. Here is one

http://www.photoshoptalent.com/photo...y-to-night.php

Quote Originally Posted by WeiKhuen View Post
    Dear whangjeeha,

Your problem is similar to converting day to night in photoshop. Do a search for "photoshop day to night", then you can look at the tutorials. Here is one

thanks Weikhuen,.... your tutorial will definitely help me in learning PS.....

I would like to thank Redmonsoon for his help too!! he manage to turn my Bright ambience photos into what i want, the Candlelit ambience.... thanks for his kind guidence too...
    after seeing the results he produced, i am really confident that Photoshop will really turn photos which are too bright as a result of External flash (candles can't even be seen), INTO the original ambience that it should be....

vince123123
    Guests

Would be nice if the before and after shots can be shown, I'm sure the rest of us must be wondering what you're talking about

Quote Originally Posted by whangjeeha View Post
    ...i am really confident that Photoshop will really turn photos which are too bright as a result of External flash (candles can't even be seen), INTO the original ambience that it should be....
    No worries Weikhuen,
    I wouldnt say its changed into original ambience; that'll probably take a whole lot more work, but for whats its worth, it can surely be made a lot closer to how the couple may have remembered that nite..

And i'm quite sure whangjeeha will be more keen than ever to pick up PS now...lol
    Quick go do the rest of your photos...heh
    Last edited by redmonsoon; 23rd February 2009 at 03:10 PM.

your photographer too inexperience. he's using a flash hence did away the dark mood.. its possible to photoshop back the mood (anything is possible in photoshop) but it will be very diff and it wont look natural (not to mention alot of work)

and does thise photographer of yours know he did a screw-ed up job?? And he still have the cheek to tell you NO to photoshopping to save your photos.. upload your photos here (1 or 2) and we see what we can do..

Quote Originally Posted by WeiKhuen View Post
    Dear whangjeeha,

How time flies, this was my attempt way back in mid 2005.It was fun.
    Before

After

Quote Originally Posted by redmonsoon View Post
    How time flies, this was my attempt way back in mid 2005.It was fun.
    Before

After

That was pretty amazing...

The day to night conversion looks pretty cool!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12