Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Out of Border Post Processing Revealed

Default Re: Out of Border Post Processing Revealed

Quote Originally Posted by tanhot View Post
    Hi James,

I have one question. When you distort or warp the border, do you only warp the border or warp the border together with the photo plus the portion sticking out of the border? I tried both and I find just warping the border is easier.

Thanks again for sharing. Comments from anyone is welcomed!
    I warp and distort the border only. Not sure about our teacher.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Nice tutorial.

Here is mine. I had the hardest time with the drop shadow. It did not turn out the way I wanted. Anyone care to share a step by step.

My Gallery: PBase.com/renantcheng

Hi Rwcheng,

I do not know how others do it. This is how I did mine. I saved the distorted border selection as part of my workflow. Then I copy and paste to another page. Fill it up with almost black colour then use Gaussian blur to diffuse it. After that paste the diffuse black image back to the original picture and shift it a little.

I also save the distorted border selection plus the part of the image that sticks out of the border in my earlier workflow. I then make use of this selection to delete away the black diffuse image leaving just the shadow behind.

Rgds

Hi All,

There is actually a much easier way to create shadow. Pls refer to the "Sticky" Photoshop @ WWW thread. Under Fun with Photoshop - Borders and Signatures there is a clear instruction on how to create shadow. You can actually control how far away the shadow should be cast and the harshness of the shadow.

My way of creating shadow in my earlier note is a long winded way of doing it so don't use that method.

Rgds

I just don't get it.. i've tried so many times but i just could not get it to work.. could anyone please make the tutorial much much more detailed? Step 5 onwards is very confusing. I really do not know how to proceed from there. can anyone guide me please? I know that i didnt get this right. I have to actually delete the background so that i can layer the gradient using soft light.

could anyone please give me a much more clearer and detailed steps from step 5 onwards?
    Last edited by mabmy; 12th March 2009 at 06:55 AM.
    Your pictures speaks for you, not your camera.

Just a quick 2cts comment guys.
    1. Do watch how much you warp the 'paper', when is the last time you saw a piece of paper/window in that distorted shape.

2. Match the direction/intensity of lighting/shadow of the paper to the subject.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12