Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: changi 7

  1. #1
    Member fqedup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    west side
    Posts
    26

    Default changi 7

    hi am a newbie here...need some of u guys expertise to view and gimme positive/negative comments...on this photo that i took at changi beach...the main idea is to show the sky and clouds, and bringing out the colour of the scenery..thanks!



    took it around 6.30 pm
    shot it at iso 200
    f/3.5
    18-55 mm lens at 18mm
    using a nikon d40x

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    328

    Default Re: changi 7

    Nice shot - here some ideas:

    - Go for f8; better sharpness, and still possible, as it is not yet dark. Of course you need a tripod
    - ISO100

    Retouch
    - selective saturation on blue in sky. but be careful to not overdoing it
    - try vignette a bit more. Anyway the wideangle has already a slight vignette

    Finally - you seem to have a big sensor spot in the top right picture area... might want to check it out.

    Before >> After. Sorry the blue dots are 'black clipping'. But that is ok, for this picture


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    676

    Default Re: changi 7

    i think TS was better. Natural is my no1 rule. this is a beautiful photo, maybe just that the people is just too far away. i know is unavoidable.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    10,596

    Default Re: changi 7

    Quote Originally Posted by btrenkel View Post
    Nice shot - here some ideas:

    - Go for f8; better sharpness, and still possible, as it is not yet dark. Of course you need a tripod
    - ISO100

    Retouch
    - selective saturation on blue in sky. but be careful to not overdoing it
    - try vignette a bit more. Anyway the wideangle has already a slight vignette

    Finally - you seem to have a big sensor spot in the top right picture area... might want to check it out.

    Before >> After. Sorry the blue dots are 'black clipping'. But that is ok, for this picture
    ...
    I don't think the blue clipping is okay. You said be careful to not overdoing (sic) it and then you go ahead and give a negative demonstration. Harry is right; natural is key. If you want to boost the saturation, you can do so, but keep in mind to not make it look out of this world.

  5. #5
    Member fqedup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    west side
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: changi 7

    Quote Originally Posted by hairyharry View Post
    i think TS was better. Natural is my no1 rule. this is a beautiful photo, maybe just that the people is just too far away. i know is unavoidable.
    hi Harry, thanks..but was wondering what's the meaning of "TS"...

    Quote Originally Posted by btrenkel View Post
    Nice shot - here some ideas:

    - Go for f8; better sharpness, and still possible, as it is not yet dark. Of course you need a tripod
    - ISO100

    Retouch
    - selective saturation on blue in sky. but be careful to not overdoing it
    - try vignette a bit more. Anyway the wideangle has already a slight vignette

    Finally - you seem to have a big sensor spot in the top right picture area... might want to check it out.

    Before >> After. Sorry the blue dots are 'black clipping'. But that is ok, for this picture
    Thanks for the initiative to re-edit my pic, although i felt it a bit too bluish, but it looks nice after the re-edit..thanks thanks...fyi, when i shot this i didnt use a tripod..ya like u said maybe the next time it can be better if i use a tripod...
    Last edited by fqedup; 13th February 2009 at 10:22 AM.

  6. #6

    Default Re: changi 7

    nice colours...!

    it would be more interestin if there is interesting foreground. that is something i also try to do when taking sunset shots...
    instead of just taking a colour of the skies, find something interesting...on the ground...rocks/crabs/bottles/shoes/watever that would greatly improve the composition of ur shots.

    ts = treadstarter

  7. #7
    Member fqedup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    west side
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: changi 7

    Quote Originally Posted by wildsoyabean View Post
    nice colours...!

    it would be more interestin if there is interesting foreground. that is something i also try to do when taking sunset shots...
    instead of just taking a colour of the skies, find something interesting...on the ground...rocks/crabs/bottles/shoes/watever that would greatly improve the composition of ur shots.

    ts = treadstarter
    ar ic..thanks for the foreground idea, agreed, that it will add more to the composition of the picture.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •