Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: DB-036 or DB-050 Dry Cabinet

  1. #1

    Default DB-036 or DB-050 Dry Cabinet

    Hey guys, need your advise... looking at dry cabinet..
    may i noe how much is the diff between these 2 in terms of size wise?
    is it good enuff to get DB-036? please enlighten me thanks

  2. #2

    Default Re: DB-036 or DB-050 Dry Cabinet

    Bro,

    I've just bought the DB-36 @ $99(2hrs ago), is the smallest with only 30litres capacity.

    Looking at the brochure in my hands now, there's no DB 50. The next in line is DB 46 with 40litres.

    The differences among the model are the storage capacity and display capabilities(analog versus digital).

    Cheers

  3. #3

    Default Re: DB-036 or DB-050 Dry Cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by nautiboy View Post
    Bro,

    I've just bought the DB-36 @ $99(2hrs ago), is the smallest with only 30litres capacity.

    Looking at the brochure in my hands now, there's no DB 50. The next in line is DB 46 with 40litres.

    The differences among the model are the storage capacity and display capabilities(analog versus digital).

    Cheers
    wow tt's cheap!!! where u got it from?

  4. #4

    Default Re: DB-036 or DB-050 Dry Cabinet

    Hope i'm not contravening any forum rule on disclosure:

    Disclaimer: i'm a consumer and have nothing to gain from this ah!!

    Parisilk in Holland Village, he told me they're having a sale on all cabinet.

    2 units of DB036 left though, or at least that's what i see.

    cheers

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: DB-036 or DB-050 Dry Cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by williamchew85 View Post
    Hey guys, need your advise... looking at dry cabinet..
    may i noe how much is the diff between these 2 in terms of size wise?
    is it good enuff to get DB-036? please enlighten me thanks
    Basically you got to see if the 30L is enough to fit your current setup. It's no harm getting a larger capacity cabinet though unless you are stopping at where you are.

    I had got a 30L myself and it's still pretty much got space for my incoming grip, flash and perhaps a telezoom lens.

  6. #6

    Default Re: DB-036 or DB-050 Dry Cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    Basically you got to see if the 30L is enough to fit your current setup. It's no harm getting a larger capacity cabinet though unless you are stopping at where you are.

    I had got a 30L myself and it's still pretty much got space for my incoming grip, flash and perhaps a telezoom lens.
    sounds good enuff for me.. currently my setup is juz my D90 _ 18-205mm VR

  7. #7

    Default Re: DB-036 or DB-050 Dry Cabinet

    if $$$ and space is not an issue, go for a bigger one, you will have new things (lenses, filters, flash, PnS, PSP, etc) to put in.
    Fine print - Anything I posted is strictly my own point of view :)

  8. #8
    Senior Member egnaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boon Lay, Singapore
    Posts
    2,989

    Default Re: DB-036 or DB-050 Dry Cabinet

    I never find Dry Cabin too big if space allow. Even my 120L, I still find it insufficient if I want to put all my stuff other then just camera stuff.
    Life is like Photography, to improve, you have to keep shooting!

  9. #9

    Default Re: DB-036 or DB-050 Dry Cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by egnaro View Post
    I never find Dry Cabin too big if space allow. Even my 120L, I still find it insufficient if I want to put all my stuff other then just camera stuff.

  10. #10

    Default Re: DB-036 or DB-050 Dry Cabinet

    when you start venturing deep into photography, you most prob will find your 30L cabi insufficient in storage space...

    $99 is a good price too, i got mine at the same price at TK...

  11. #11
    Senior Member egnaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boon Lay, Singapore
    Posts
    2,989

    Default Re: DB-036 or DB-050 Dry Cabinet

    my 1st Dry cabin was 30L but it was sold with 3 months and I actually make more space just to put in 120L. haha
    Life is like Photography, to improve, you have to keep shooting!

  12. #12
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,390

    Default Re: DB-036 or DB-050 Dry Cabinet

    There's never enough space in dry cabinets.
    Go to some shops and have a look. MS Color has some smaller cabinets in the shops as display items (but also used for equipment). Keep in mind that over the time you might purchase more equipment and it's convenient to have it in one place even though not all items need dry storage. Also, there's more than camera equipment that can be stored inside.

  13. #13
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: DB-036 or DB-050 Dry Cabinet

    Get one AS BIG as you can afford in both home space as well as budget.

    It'll get filled in no time.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  14. #14
    Member Lord Soth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Neuschwanstein Castle
    Posts
    355

    Default Re: DB-036 or DB-050 Dry Cabinet

    I'd suggest that you reconsider your options and get the digital (DHC) series instead, it's only slightly more expensive but is worth it.

    The analogue ones are quite troublesome as you have to continuously monitor and adjust the settings. It also takes longer (by the hours) for the cheaper analogue ones to reach the recommended RH% of 45%.

    Only buy the analogue ones if you are really on a very limited budget!
    | Nikon D700; AF-S 14-24 f/2.8GED; AF 20 f/2.8D; AF 50 f/1.4D; SB400| Tamron AF 28-75 f/2.8 A09NII|

  15. #15

    Default Re: DB-036 or DB-050 Dry Cabinet

    Just would like to know whether is such dry cabinet necessary if you often use your cameras?

  16. #16
    Member Lord Soth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Neuschwanstein Castle
    Posts
    355

    Default Re: DB-036 or DB-050 Dry Cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by ericyip View Post
    Just would like to know whether is such dry cabinet necessary if you often use your cameras?
    If you expose ALL your lenses to Sunlight on a regular basis, then you don't need a dry cabinet.
    | Nikon D700; AF-S 14-24 f/2.8GED; AF 20 f/2.8D; AF 50 f/1.4D; SB400| Tamron AF 28-75 f/2.8 A09NII|

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    39

    Default Re: DB-036 or DB-050 Dry Cabinet

    i got a db-036 but i think its better to get a bigger size cabi. I share it with my brother. Currently it holds 2 dslr bodies, 4 lenses, filters and misc items....basically i only have room for one more lens...
    Canon 50D:18-55 IS|Tamron 17-50 f/2.8|50 f/2.8 II|70-200 f/4 L IS

  18. #18
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: DB-036 or DB-050 Dry Cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by ericyip View Post
    Just would like to know whether is such dry cabinet necessary if you often use your cameras?
    YES.

    I use my gear almost EVERYDAY but I may not choose to bring out all my lenses everyday, so a good cabinet will store them in the right condition safely.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  19. #19
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: DB-036 or DB-050 Dry Cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by chootx View Post
    i got a db-036 but i think its better to get a bigger size cabi. I share it with my brother. Currently it holds 2 dslr bodies, 4 lenses, filters and misc items....basically i only have room for one more lens...
    I have a 80 l cabinet and I find it small at times... wat do you think?
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •