View Poll Results: Would you kill it?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    23 56.10%
  • No

    18 43.90%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: Would you kill it?

  1. #21

    Default Re: Would you kill it?

    Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    imagine you were the blood cell, here's a pest, shaf its needle into the pool of blood, sucking you out with its tube and ending your life in an instance. imagine you are the skin, having your skin being punctured and at the same time depositing toxins to cause an irritation. worse still, injecting malaria and killing billions of blood cells.
    How you know the insect will kill you or cause harm to you?
    Have you ever think of attempting to sweep it off your skin?
    All life deserve respect and the rights to live.
    You do not kill for the sake of killing because you fear that it might harm you.
    That will be very sad...

    Think about it again, what if someone kill you without giving you a reason,.
    Maybe you look ugly and he/she thinks you might harm him/her.
    Will you hate him/her?
    Last edited by scanner; 11th February 2009 at 12:07 PM.

  2. #22
    Member valentinik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: Would you kill it?

    Quote Originally Posted by vespa_bicolor View Post
    Depends on what type of insect.

    Cockroach - Kill!
    Flies - Kill! (Talking about houseflies and related pest species, not harmless ones like hoverflies)
    Ants - Track them back to the nest, use poison bait, kill whole colony
    Mosquito - Kill! Have become quite good at catching them in mid-flight.

    But for butterflies, moths, dragonflies etc which occasionally find their way in, I will bring them to the window and let them out.
    Small spiders - Kill!
    Big Spiders - Get the hell out! Then come back and Kill!
    Valentinik
    Canon 5DMK2 | 24-105 f/4L | 70-200 f/2.8L IS | 100 f/2.8L IS Macro

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: Would you kill it?

    Quote Originally Posted by scanner View Post
    Imagine if you are the insect and you mean no harm to human.
    It just happened that you landed on him/her because a gush of wind blew you over....

    And for no reason, the person wanted to kill you.

    Think about it.
    Dude, too bad. If you are cute like a dolphin then people say you are being friendly and intelligent or even want to interact with human. My guess is most people are unlikely to call an insect cute so *whack*.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Would you kill it?

    Quote Originally Posted by scanner View Post
    How you know the insect will kill you or cause harm to you?
    Have you ever think of attempting to sweep it off your skin?
    All life deserve respect and the rights to live.
    You do not kill for the sake of killing because you fear that it might harm you.
    That will be very sad...

    Think about it again, what if someone kill you without giving you a reason,.
    Maybe you look ugly and he/she thinks you might harm him/her.
    Will you hate him/her?
    it really is a difficult debate what to kill and what not to kill.

    in the air lives micro organisms. in a plant there are living cells that we consume as vegetables. in the water we drink, there may live a pool of harmless living things we consume knowingly.

    many things around us have living cells, yet we are dependent on them on way or another.

    people eat drunken prawns, live squids and fishes, etc. how do we judge them? to eat nice sushi, the restaurant will promise a live fish being sliced right in front of the guest.

    If a boy fell into a lion's cage, will you stop the gun man from shooting at the animal and picket a protest that the ill fated boy deserve to be eaten since killing the animal with a gun to save the child is against your nature?

    If you are driving on the freeway and saw a deer stepping onto the road. you have an option to hit the deer and steer the car back or smash into a tree or on coming vehicles. will you smash your car to the tree and kill yourself and your parents and your children in the car in the hope of saving the deer's legs?

    what is right, what is wrong. we have no right to judge. we live in a world where ecology takes its course. We are part of the system as we need to eat to stay alive.

    If we have a choice, we can avoid mercy killings, but what contradiction it would be when we still go to macdonals and kentucky to have a kids party.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Would you kill it?

    Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    it really is a difficult debate what to kill and what not to kill.

    in the air lives micro organisms. in a plant there are living cells that we consume as vegetables. in the water we drink, there may live a pool of harmless living things we consume knowingly.

    many things around us have living cells, yet we are dependent on them on way or another.

    people eat drunken prawns, live squids and fishes, etc. how do we judge them? to eat nice sushi, the restaurant will promise a live fish being sliced right in front of the guest.

    If a boy fell into a lion's cage, will you stop the gun man from shooting at the animal and picket a protest that the ill fated boy deserve to be eaten since killing the animal with a gun to save the child is against your nature?

    If you are driving on the freeway and saw a deer stepping onto the road. you have an option to hit the deer and steer the car back or smash into a tree or on coming vehicles. will you smash your car to the tree and kill yourself and your parents and your children in the car in the hope of saving the deer's legs?

    what is right, what is wrong. we have no right to judge. we live in a world where ecology takes its course. We are part of the system as we need to eat to stay alive.

    If we have a choice, we can avoid mercy killings, but what contradiction it would be when we still go to macdonals and kentucky to have a kids party.
    The key is whether you did it on purpose or unintentional or have no choice of doing it.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Would you kill it?

    puny human. think we are very superior. you can just kill them. when one day mankind become extinct they will still be walking on earth, many more millennia ahead

  7. #27
    Senior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Blue/Green Planet
    Posts
    1,854

    Default Re: Would you kill it?

    I would send in the SWAT team.

    Can't let those little buggers get a hold on the situation
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

  8. #28

    Default Re: Would you kill it?

    Erm i tend to let the small and usual insects off, probably just flicking them off me. As for the larger sized insects, GOOD LUCK!

    Juz like during a war, the larger your size, the more risk u find yourself in....

    I always greet that lizard, cockroach with GOOD LUCK!

    Huge spider, not so lucky, one shot one kill!

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore, east-ish
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Re: Would you kill it?

    No, no and NO!

    there's only 3 insects i'd kill, mosquitoes, houseflies and cockroaches

    and even if i see a flying insect that looks like a mosquitoes, I'll stare at it until i can get positive ID that it is indeed a mosquito before going for the kill

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore, east-ish
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Re: Would you kill it?

    Quote Originally Posted by liarliar View Post
    puny human. think we are very superior. you can just kill them. when one day mankind become extinct they will still be walking on earth, many more millennia ahead
    indeed

  11. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    kluang, Johore, Msia & Spore
    Posts
    181

    Default Re: Would you kill it?

    Cockroach in the house(with wife around)
    Yes

    Ants & Lizards
    No

    Mosquitos
    YES

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Jurong West, Singapore
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: Would you kill it?

    It all depends on my mood I guess.

    Normally I only target the cockroaches and mosquitos. But in some moments of compassion, I just kick the cockroaches out of the door.

  13. #33
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Would you kill it?

    back in my army days, while training in the field, a mosquito payed my friend a visit, instead of killing it, he shoo it away, so it fly over and pay me a visit. kill that bloody insect immediately.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  14. #34

    Default Re: Would you kill it?

    it depends on the mood, but definitely will kill the mosquito otherwise they might kill you...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •