Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I just discovered the world's greatest flash unit!!

Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    A black hole?

The gravity of one is so strong that even light can't escape from it. So Ozone, your world's most powerful flash also no use.

Not mine leh.. It's God's one.. Hahaa.. But i think even if you stack zooms upon zooms, teleconvertors upon teleconvertors, also cannot "take a picture" of the black hole right??

Quote Originally Posted by Larry
    yah yah... and the Sun is the most powerful studio light in the universe...
    there is (usually) only 1 sun (a star) in each solar system.

there are many solar systems in the universe.

there are many universe in the galaxy.

there are many galaxies (spelling??) in God's kingdom.

incidentally, there are life in each solar system.
    so, there are many other lifeforms in these other solar systems in these universe in these galaxies in God's kingdom.

technically speaking, we are not alone...............

Quote Originally Posted by Caspere
    there is (usually) only 1 sun (a star) in each solar system.

there are many solar systems in the universe.

there are many universe in the galaxy.

there are many galaxies (spelling??) in God's kingdom.

incidentally, there are life in each solar system.
    so, there are many other lifeforms in these other solar systems in these universe in these galaxies in God's kingdom.

technically speaking, we are not alone...............
    What a load of bollocks...

1) Current studies have demonstrated that double stars are more common than single stars with the ratio being 72% of all stellar systems being double stars (with either a 'lit' or dead companion).

2) There is only one universe that all the galaxies inhabit in this time/space continium. That is the 'universe as we know it, which was extruded from another multi-dimensional universe and we lost the 'extra' dimensions.

3) Current estimates cite about 100 billion galaxies in this universe we call home, each comprises around 100 billion starss.

4) There is NO proof of your final statement, can you demonstrate that there is definately other life outside of Earth in the universe? I doubt it. Even the mathematical postulates regarding extra-terrestrial life are little more than a mathematical model.

Back to Star Trek you go ...
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

ops...........a blooper.

thanks for the heads-up

hey...........wait...

y do i need to prove that there r other lifeforms??

we all know they exists, &
    those who do not know; think that they do (exists), &
    those who think not; do not think at all.

have a nice day.
    Last edited by Caspere; 8th October 2003 at 09:23 PM.

Because, if humankind rested on such logic as yours, we'd all be dead by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Caspere
    hey...........wait...

y do i need to prove that there r other lifeforms??

we all know they exists, &
    those who do not know; think that they do (exists), &
    those who think not; do not think at all.

have a nice day.
    Here we go the fun doth start and the Ang Moh from hell is on your case

Firstly if you are going to make a statement of fact, in this case "we all know they exists" then you must be able to demonstrate via a repeatable and vaild proof that what you assert does exist. Thus far no such proof exists for any life form existing beyond the confines of the Earth and it's atmospher. At best there are a couple of hypotheses such as the Drake equation which deals with the likelyhood of life in our galaxy, a possiblity of single cell life having existed on Mars (subject to a rigerous debate at present) and a few likely valid theories etc that give a mathematical model of the likelyhood of life in the universe. However no one and I repeat NO ONE has provided any tangible, reliable proof of the existance of life outside of the Earth and it's immediate environs.

Thus by making a blanket statement such as the one above without having any credible proof you are merely demonstrating your own ignorance

Have a good day.
    The Ang Moh from Hell

Quote Originally Posted by OzOn3
    Not mine leh.. It's God's one.. Hahaa.. But i think even if you stack zooms upon zooms, teleconvertors upon teleconvertors, also cannot "take a picture" of the black hole right??
    You can't take a picture of the black hole itself, so to speak. But you probably can take a picture of the effects it has on its surrounding i.e. distortion of light.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman
    You can't take a picture of the black hole itself, so to speak. But you probably can take a picture of the effects it has on its surrounding i.e. distortion of light.
    As far as I'm aware no one has as yet imaged the event horizon of a black hole and it's resulting polychromatic display. However they can be heard via radio telescopes and also in a couple of cases they eject material (a couple of galaxies have massive spikes from black holes), also there is at least one HST image of a star being torn apart by a black hole.
    The Ang Moh from Hell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12