Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rechargable batteries for SB600 flash

Default Re: Rechargable batteries for SB600 flash

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    No.... the mAh is a definition of the amout of charge it can hold.. i.e. the amount of power it can give out before it's flat...

The higher, the more it can last longer....

As for recycle time, I guess it's due to Nikon's test on the various types of batteries and the difference in voltage which will play a part in making it different. Ni-MH should be similar throughout their different amphere ranges.
    So 2100mah should last 30% longer than 1600mah.
    Well if that is the case, 1600mah batteries for $5.50 is far better value for money than 2100mah for $10 (same brand).
    ex-Nikon owner - now only iPhone :/

Quote Originally Posted by TroyP View Post
    Well if that is the case, 1600mah batteries for $5.50 is far better value for money than 2100mah for $10 (same brand).
    You can't measure it tat way... the performance curve is different for each model of battery so even if you have 2 sets of 2100mAh batteries from 2 different makers (fully charged), they can give different performance in terms of lasting power.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

And I'd rather go get the PowerEx 2700's

Much more juice with an almost guranteeed performance... I have 20 of these batteries
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Try the New SOny cycle energy eneloop batterries.. cheap ($14 pack of 4) and performance same as sanyo's

What's the big deal if you don't use them very often? You just throw them in your charger overnight. I will buy 2 sets so I already have a charged set on hand.
    it is a big deal if u suddenly need to shoot, or if u don't plan (back to first point). it's good to have at least two sets on standby. i use imedions almost exclusively. but their capacity is only 2100. then again, it's really 2100. i tested their capacity on my Maha Wizard One and the capacity is usually above 2000mah.

my older 2100mah batts read as low as 1500mah. Uniross 2500 reads abt 2200+. Sanyo 2700 reads 2500++

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Normal NiMh batteries don't hold charge well, the charge will drop significantly after sometime, unless you charge them every week or always leave it inside charger for ticker charge, which is not very good for battery life.

Using Sanyo ENELOOPS, or Powerex IMEDION batteries, it will be like using "Eveready" batteries, don't have to worry about forgot to charge batteries or have remember to charge it a night before.

great for hobbyist. for pros, they probably need mostly powerex types. or then again, they may use dunno what quantum battery pack

see my post on battery capacity. i think best to go for brands like sony, sanyo, maha. in no particular order.

the other off brands are best used for wireless mouse, remote controls, cordless phone.. etc etc (seriously, i use funny brands for these devices. no point buying good one for anyhow usage)

as for GP, i used quite a number and i find that they don't last at all. their charge capacity drops quite fast.

The set of 4 that I bought for $5.50 (1600ma) are pretty good so far. I quick charged them, and then took over 100 shots before they went flat.
    I was taking shots like crazy, even 6 rapid fires, and I didnt have to wait for recharge. So far so good. I just recharged them, now I will wait for a week or so before using them again. See how well they retain their charge when not in use.
    ex-Nikon owner - now only iPhone :/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12