Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: give or not?

vince123123
    Guests

Default Re: give or not?

Can I invite you to shoot my commercial events for free? After all, sharing is caring, shoot and share with me can?

Easy to tell others to do, but hard to do it yoruself.

Quote Originally Posted by simranjits View Post
    nobody is asking you to do either , someone asked for an opinion. But please realize , Sharing is Caring. Shoot more , but share even more.

I think you guys have misunderstood the publishing profession , it is actually a very noble profession. The intention is never to profit, most of the time it is at a loss, but it is a labor of love and they are proud of the work they do.
    DO tell us if you REALLY own a publishing firm.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

vince123123
    Guests

Please lah, he where got own, if he own, can I ask him to publish my books for free too?

Again, easy to tell others, but hard to do yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post

vince123123
    Guests

I'll give you full credit too if you give me your equipment to conduct my free education workshop. Take it as a donation, free publicity too!

Full credit is given , and it's for a educational book. It will be use to educate the young minds of our great NATION. They are not charging for the printing of your photo as well. Take it as free publicity.

vince123123
    Guests

Sorry dude, you still dont' realise the difference between open source and commercial products. I guess you will have a swell of a time telling commercial providers to give their products for free.

Speaking of which, can you give me your company's products for free?

WAHAHA!

The book don't print free leh brother, of course they have to charge for that what. Ebook is a different matter. They're just trying to educate people. Give them a break. At most they break even from publishing costs. You can sell dvds of open source linux distros. It's legal. CDs don't come free.

Another example, is you can use open office for your work which you may get money from , or your whole office uses it. Think out of the box, its time for change.

I think you guys have misunderstood the publishing profession , it is actually a very noble profession. The intention is never to profit, most of the time it is at a loss, but it is a labor of love and they are proud of the work they do.
    Huh? From your statement it sounds more like a charity organization than a publishing company.

vince123123
    Guests

Super thumbs up for yoU!!! I also want to get his full time job's company prdocuts for free man!

So wat kind of WORK do you do?

Why don't you give it away free as well... or might as well work for free...

BREAK even?? Hello, do you actually understand business?? No one works for BREAK even. EVERYONE goes for the MAXIMUM profit.

vince123123
    Guests

It's called Simarjit's Publishers, and it exists only in the imagination of one individual.

Quote Originally Posted by liveevil View Post
    Huh? From your statement it sounds more like a charity organization than a publishing company.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Super thumbs up for yoU!!! I also want to get his full time job's company prdocuts for free man!
    He don't want to share leh.....
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

vince123123
    Guests

I think you have misunderstood the publishing profession, such intentions probably only exists in one publisher, a reference to which is already stated in my post above.

vince123123
    Guests

But why he keep asking others to share when he himself can't share?

A case of ask easy, do hard?

He don't want to share leh.....

He trying to be night86mare 2. But not at all doing a good job of it to be controversial. He wants to make the stand always on the opposing end just throw in something. We step on the right, he will try for the left. But when that does not pan out, his facts gets jumbled, he omits certain details to prop it up, generalised on other details till it is too vaque to proof in the short term and then present the argument that just goes no where. And he never have to back it up with factually but rely on hearsay in a sense. heheh The Original night86mare does a way better job exhibiting such notoriety wit heheheh..
    Last edited by sammy888; 11th February 2009 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    He trying to be night86mare 2. But not doing a good job of it to be controversial. He wants to make the stand always on the opposing end just throw in something. But when that does not pan out, his facts gets jumbled, he omits certain details, generalised on others and then present the argument that just goes no where but he never have to back it up with facts. The Original night86mare does a way better job exhibiting such notoriety heheheh..
    Tat's why we only have one EMPEROR in the Brotherhood
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Woah. Are you talking about the publishing profession or education profession? Publishers of textbooks don't make them educators.

Other than that, i feel that he's ignoring some of our queries and only answering those that he can oppose, albeit with weak arguments as what sammy mentioned...

Conclusion: To each his own...if one wants to live in his own fantasy world, let him be.
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

haha, he's getting whack left right and center

Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    Woah. Are you talking about the publishing profession or education profession? Publishers of textbooks don't make them educators.
    The one that is NOBLE is the one that uses the textbook to educate. Not the publishers...they only earn money.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    Well...it seems so cause there are two camps to the argument: him and the rest. So not surprising if kena left right center.

Quote Originally Posted by tkbonz View Post
    The one that is NOBLE is the one that uses the textbook to educate. Not the publishers...they only earn money.
    And even then, they are paid to do the job....
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tkbonz View Post
    Well...it seems so cause there are two camps to the argument: him and the rest. So not surprising if kena left right center.
    It's simply because he's NOT using the right arguements at all... just trying to give out some weird answers.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast