Thread: Suggestions for omnibounce usage .. ?

Default Suggestions for omnibounce usage .. ?

Hie Guys,

Just wondering is there an appropriate way of using the omnibounce ? I realise that when pointing the flash head towards the ceiling, even without a ceiling, there is frontal light, solid stuff. How do you guys use this ... 45 deg head up ? direct ? or straight up to the ceiling for more bounce ? This thing sucks up flash output by alot, some pics will be under when use with f8 and larger.

Quote Originally Posted by marcwang
    Hie Guys,

Just wondering is there an appropriate way of using the omnibounce ? I realise that when pointing the flash head towards the ceiling, even without a ceiling, there is frontal light, solid stuff. How do you guys use this ... 45 deg head up ? direct ? or straight up to the ceiling for more bounce ? This thing sucks up flash output by alot, some pics will be under when use with f8 and larger.

BTW, in your signature..... it's spelt "lens" and not "lense".

I dun know about shooting it straight up...... cos the amount of light actually reaching the subject is pretty little. Most people I see use it at 45 degrees or thereabouts..... the angle depends also on how far u are from the subject. I dun like it cos my shots are always under...... maybe bec my flash GN is low...... need to stand very close to the subject..... I tried straight on and there wasn't much difference in terms of how diffused the light was from without the bounce...... how's your experience? How far are u from your subject when u shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by TME
    BTW, in your signature..... it's spelt "lens" and not "lense".

Thanks man...