Thread: faint lines on mirror

Default faint lines on mirror

hello everyone!
    just before i flipped the mirror up for sensor cleaning, i noticed that there are some faint lines on the mirror (i'm certain those are dusts). how do i clean this up? and does it affect the picture?

Default Re: faint lines on mirror

Quote Originally Posted by HTCahHTC View Post
    hello everyone!
    just before i flipped the mirror up for sensor cleaning, i noticed that there are some faint lines on the mirror (i'm certain those are dusts). how do i clean this up? and does it affect the picture?
    If it's on the mirror, how would it affect the picture?

And some mirrors have "lines" that may just be smudges, or the lines you see are the mountings to the frame. The mirror is actually partially translucent.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    If it's on the mirror, how would it affect the picture?

And some mirrors have "lines" that may just be smudges, or the lines you see are the mountings to the frame. The mirror is actually partially translucent.
    sorry, didnt know it will not affect the picture.
    well, those lines weren't there when i first brought it... so, yeah...
    thanks alot.

The mirror is flipped up before the shutter opens, the very basics of SLR. Whatever dust speck might sit there won't affect the picture directly.
    A word of caution since there were already some people close to a heart attack: Don't wipe your mirror at all! The reflecting coating is at the front (in contrast to your bathroom mirror) and is quite delicate. Good chances to scratch it. If you suspect some dirt and it doesn't go away from a few blows better have it checked at the Service Center.

Blog Entries

it does not affect the image

just use a blower and blow away the dust if you must

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    The mirror is flipped up before the shutter opens, the very basics of SLR. Whatever dust speck might sit there won't affect the picture directly.
    A word of caution since there were already some people close to a heart attack: Don't wipe your mirror at all! The reflecting coating is at the front (in contrast to your bathroom mirror) and is quite delicate. Good chances to scratch it. If you suspect some dirt and it doesn't go away from a few blows better have it checked at the Service Center.
    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    it does not affect the image

just use a blower and blow away the dust if you must
    thanks for the replies guys!

*tried blowing but to no avail... should i have it checked at SC like wat Octarine suggested? i mean, well, it doesn't affect the picture... but...