Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Help Build a Better ClubSNAP Community

honestly..

the general rule when designing logos is that it should hold no more than 4 colours. the problem with the above logos are that, its an image. which is a problem it comes to applications like teeshirts/clothing etc...

a very good example of a good logo is dpreview.com. you notice it doesnt use pictures or complex images.

maybe try to look for more flat colours in the logo. instead of textures.

all talk.. no good. therefore... im working on mine
    Illumn|Facebook| Canon 5D Mark II | 16-35mm 2.8L | 24-70mm f2.8L | 85mm 1.8 | Strobist

Originally posted by quackaroo
    honestly..

the general rule when designing logos is that it should hold no more than 4 colours. the problem with the above logos are that, its an image. which is a problem it comes to applications like teeshirts/clothing etc...

a very good example of a good logo is dpreview.com. you notice it doesnt use pictures or complex images.

I agree with hte 4 colour but as this is a logo for the webpage and not on the name card etc etc so I think It ok for the texture.

If the need arise that we intend to print namecards, then the simple logo will be used instead.

Hope to see your design soon.

Originally posted by quackaroo
    honestly..

Having worked in an advertising firm before... I know what you trying to say... actually, it should hold 1-3 colours, ideally 2. Once you get to 4 colours, you get almost true colours (note I said almost, so don't flame me on the green being out of the CMYK gamut)

The logo ideally should be simple to be easily transferrable to multiple applications, accomodate a colour transformation for clashing backgrounds, easily printed on different mediums etc etc.

There are many 'rules' if you want to go by the book. However, our main medium is the internet now, 4c is fine, as long as there can be a nice 1c/2c variation of it. Textures generally don't work because it will look very different at different sizes. I will chip in my $0.02 worth when the logo is more or less agreed upon.

Originally posted by megaweb
    anyway the texture and text are variable .....I can change them easily ... we should focus more on the design of the logo ...

The lens in the middle will look very bad if printed in 1c/2c... how about using the iris/diaphragm (whatever that is called)...

Last edited by willyfoo; 31st January 2002 at 11:54 PM.

Eh, where did that "THE" come from? It's sounds so CHEEENA!

I think that for this design that have been floating ard here would look good as the backgroun of our namecards shld we produce it.

Have it tone down a bit and we'll have an identity.

Next, the logo for the club, who have another great design that we can use or just an idea that floating in your head, pls feel free to put it up. After all, ideas grow from idea and it a "the more, the merrier" case.

hi guys,

Hope i'm not too late for this ineteresting 'project'.. Having looking at all this well-designed logo presented by fellow forummers maked my hands ictched for producing my own rendition of Club SNAP logo as well.

Well, here goes...
    Logo for web and print job use; be it on top left corner of website or otherwise.

In this concept i try to move away from the more common lens/diaphram/flashlight look. I adopted a shutter button instead. This circular will look anonymous for those who is not into phtography but the photo buff will know how a shutter button looks like.

BTW this logo has only 1 colour, thus also suitable for low cost printing job.

Variant of the same logo for other usage which requires simpler design/less colour use; for example T-shirts and keychain.

Same logo(simple version) enlarged.

Comments please...
    Ano
    Last edited by anokewee; 1st February 2002 at 04:19 PM.

Hmm... is my pix showing up here? Why does it loads sometimes and go missing sometimes?

Anyone?

ClubSNAP Admin

Originally posted by anokewee
    Hmm... is my pix showing up here? Why does it loads sometimes and go missing sometimes?

Anyone?
    No worries, i have mirror the logo to ClubSNAP server.

Thanks for the great effort.

Yeah baby that the one.. simple and good.

Ever wonder if adding a bit of colour to it might pack a bit of punch!

Have the circle in red and the wording in blue or the other way round?

See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

ClubSNAP Admin

Originally posted by megaweb
    look something like this ?

http://homex.coolconnect.com/member3...ges/cslogo.swf

See liao, now head giddy ;P

I think that logo look not bad....except it resembles some electrical applaince company...LG i think. Hee.

But overall...its nice simple, and it represents a shutter button. Nice idea.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Wah... so many feedback already... thanks guys!!

I'll be quite tied up today and be out of the country this weekend. Maybe on monday i'll post some updated version based on all your valuable comments.

Keep it coming in.

PS Simon: thanks for providing me the mirror. Did i posted wrongly or something in my initial post? This is the first time i post in a forum....
    Last edited by anokewee; 1st February 2002 at 04:49 PM.

hi guys,

Comments please...
    Ano
    That's what I call a logo...
    Great job.. did u use a vector s/w or a raster s/w to do it??

For the coloured application, can you try a light hue for the 'button'???
    Last edited by willyfoo; 1st February 2002 at 09:03 PM.

Megadark
    Guests

Not that I want to be a wet blanket but doesn't this logo looks very similar to Goldlion? Not a good idea to adopt this logo if this is so.

hi guys,

Comments please...
    Ano

So much CS floating around, wait people see our T-shirt think we some counter-strike clan ah~ Hee Hee, imagine we 'CS' at the Zoo, with Adam: "Get into posistion and wait for my go". Then got flash bang (flash guns), SMGs (motor drive) and sniper rifle (Nikon coolpix with the 8x TC Hee Hee, no one else can match the 1200mm yet right?). And don't forget the night vision goggles (Sony F707)......

hahaha.....

Some of the feedback here is really hilarious...

Anyway here's the updated colour version. I've added in another colour to make it punchier as a forummer has commented.

As for the LG/Goldlion look I've added in the hole for shutter release cable ala manual SLR style. I know that hole can't be found on autofocus SLRs and digicams but i think it'll further enhance the 'shutter button' look.

As for black & white version of the logo i would recommend the usage of the logo with the text compulsary at all times to avoid confusion. Example is shown below..

Any comment?

errr.. wheres the logo?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast