Thread: tattoo

Question tattoo

anyone have any recommendation on reputable local tat places? thanks!

try johnny two thumb at far east plaza lor,heard it is good but very expensive.

Johnny 2 thumb..... got mine there, expensive but the art work/ quality is the best. Sometimes they do free touch up as well.

thanks for replies...btw any estimate of how much one across the upper back would cost? $300? $400? custom abstract design...

guess best would be to go down and get a quote huh?

Quote Originally Posted by jon33
    thanks for replies...btw any estimate of how much one across the upper back would cost? $300? $400?
    across the upper back? mine is just the centre of the upper back and it cost $500 so for one that stretches across the upper back could easily be $1k.

ooh thanks, a few hundred over budget. i'll go for a quote these few days. do u have to book a session with them or you can just get one on the spot?

ooh thanks, a few hundred over budget. i'll go for a quote these few days. do u have to book a session with them or you can just get one on the spot?
    i just went. did not make appt but the thing is i went on a weekday.

Yeah, 2 Thumbs is really expensive. Had a small 3-inch thing done on my back, black only, was $80, I believe. Don't even want to imagine how much a huge one costs. The tattoo shops in Bugis, Peninsula, etc, are much much cheaper, it's down to you how much you value that difference in quality (think: permanent).

Quote Originally Posted by discolite
    Yeah, 2 Thumbs is really expensive. Had a small 3-inch thing done on my back, black only, was $80, I believe. Don't even want to imagine how much a huge one costs. The tattoo shops in Bugis, Peninsula, etc, are much much cheaper, it's down to you how much you value that difference in quality (think: permanent).
    true, true, very true. its not as if you can semula and redo all over agin. i mean you can, with a hot iron or something

thanks all. will post pics if i get the chance

ok sourced around. johnny two thumbs quoted me 550, all others about 400. going to a place called 'rebirth' on the 4th floor for far east through friends's recommendation, so the artist (lionel) is charging me 350.

his work is good, seen it on my friend and some of his customers today. getting mine on tuesday wish me luck!

thx all for helpful tips and suggestions.

-jon

good luck! been toing and froing deciding on one for yearsssss

got my tattoo today..by lionel at rebirth - he's good! pain wasn't as bad as i expected, tho some parts on the back were more tender than the others.

stings a little now tho. any tips on how to care for newly inked body?

my art on my body.

KnightsIcE
    Guests

Wah...Jon...U getting a tattoo...................

I got mine...in HK

hey man how are you? yeah just got inked today, stinging a little now, but not so bad.

Apply vaseline, don't even think of sun tanning and dippin in the sea. Till it's fully healed that is.

KnightsIcE
    Guests

hey man how are you? yeah just got inked today, stinging a little now, but not so bad.
    I'm Great....urself? it's cold and dry here.....
    do upload ur tattoos soon.....

ooh. take care of yrself there. i think i'll let it heal fully first before any pics. i think 3weeks to 1 month right?

on back so a bit hard to apply cream.