Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need advice to protect CF tripod

Default Re: Need advice to protect CF tripod

Quote Originally Posted by scorpioh View Post
    The thing about Gitzos is that they are fully modular and can be disassembled to the smallest screw easily. Hence, you may replace a particular segment of a leg say it is badly damaged.
    May I ask where you got this info from? I own a few Gtizo CFs and I have had legs that had corroded threads that even Gitzo could not perform the "op" and to me, the threads are the weakest part of these tripods since sand and salt can wreck havoc on them. I would also have to add that Gitzo has never been willing to sell the individual parts to consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by ywh View Post
    I would also have to add that Gitzo has never been willing to sell the individual parts to consumers.
    is that so? have you contacted Gitzo regarding this matter before?

because i have read somewhere that they actually sends you the part, either directly or via local distributor depending on your location. a friend of mine said Gitzo actually sell individual parts in other countries but not in SG. perhaps something to do with local ....

i think u can get the individual part through CP
    cos they told me this when i get mine from them

btw i just use a normal bag, no sponge or foam and sling this around my shoulder
    is not gg to break tat easily

Quote Originally Posted by ywh View Post
    May I ask where you got this info from? I own a few Gtizo CFs and I have had legs that had corroded threads that even Gitzo could not perform the "op" and to me, the threads are the weakest part of these tripods since sand and salt can wreck havoc on them. I would also have to add that Gitzo has never been willing to sell the individual parts to consumers.
    Yeah. It doesn't make sense to make public the spare part documentation if they do not allow purchase of individual parts by end users. May be harder to do so in singapore but surely it is not impossible. Do check out with the local distributor, Shriro iirc.
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

If the teflon bushings are what you are talking about, then yup, you can get them as they just require unscrewing the individual sections to replace them. If you want to get individual sections of CF to replace, then nope, its not entertained.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12