Thread: What is chicken wing :( ?

Default What is chicken wing :( ?

hi i am new to this forum.. found a lot of threads which pple mentioned abt chicken wing? wat does it mean? shaky hands?

Default Re: What is chicken wing :( ?

Hold the camera. And bring your camera into portrait orientation with your hand above the camera. Notice how your arms resemble chicken wings? Hehe.
    Our pictures are our footprints. Its the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

Your hands will become shaky if there aren't already
    The position with camera in portrait orientation is less stable since you have have only 2 fixed points for the camera (left arm and head) but the right arm is up.
    In landscape orientation both arms are close to the body and you have more stability. But some people also have chicken wings in that way ...

1) an incorrect golf swing posture on the right hand side for right handers.

2) excessive armpit hair exposure

3) something you can eat and good for bbq

Quote Originally Posted by Headshotzx View Post
    Hold the camera. And bring your camera into portrait orientation with your hand above the camera. Notice how your arms resemble chicken wings? Hehe.
    Yup, that's called a chicken wings. The solution is to get a vertical grip. But, I don't bother about it personally.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticFox View Post
    Yup, that's called a chicken wings. The solution is to get a vertical grip. But, I don't bother about it personally.
    If you are holding your vertically camera for short duration there is not much different, but if you are taking mostly portrait shots with a 200mm lens for a period of 30mins to 1hours.... than a vertical grip do come in handy...

Moreover most vertical grips takes AA batteries. Get a handful of them AAs and no need tobe tied down by proprietory sheet

Quote Originally Posted by liarliar View Post
    Moreover most vertical grips takes AA batteries. Get a handful of them AAs and no need tobe tied down by proprietory sheet
    To me it is still easier to charge 1 or 2 batteries for the VG then a handful of AAs... But I guess it would be great for traveling as you only need to bring 1 charger for both your camera & flash...

Thanks others for the explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerOyster View Post
    1) an incorrect golf swing posture on the right hand side for right handers.

2) excessive armpit hair exposure

3) something you can eat and good for bbq
    This is funny, haha!