Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beware Of this seller 'BluSpoon'

Default Re: Beware Of this seller 'BluSpoon'

Quote Originally Posted by EOS Revolution View Post
    I do not agree with this statement... its not only students that do this. adults also do. while some students are out to get things cheaper based on the fact that they are students, some are genuine buyers and therefore there should not be a mentality against students.
    Yeah, I would think so as well.

There are nice, decent folks who are students, so a broad generalisation is unfair, but for the student rotters, they really cunning, streets and e-smarts, and can be predatory, or at least the rotters I've met are.

Arrow Re: Beware Of this seller 'BluSpoon'

He forgot that everything on the internet is saved by Google cache.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    The contents of his entire website has been deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    He forgot that everything on the internet is saved by Google cache.
    phail....

Hi all, I hope this thread will not cast a bad light on students who's honest and genuinely need certain equipments for their photography.

I've have no knowledge that Bluspoon is a student and i condemn him only because of the way he conducted himself in the arrangement and the eventual no show of the lens viewing with me.

I have noticed that he is still posting in the Buy/Sell forum, thus i would like to remind users to be careful when dealing with him.

Thanks for letting us know the info
    Looks like quite a few photographers got played out by this fellow.

Quote Originally Posted by EOS Revolution View Post
    I do not agree with this statement... its not only students that do this. adults also do. while some students are out to get things cheaper based on the fact that they are students, some are genuine buyers and therefore there should not be a mentality against students.
    I'm not condemning the students, just hope that be prepare to get some nonsense from them if they try to be funny.

Everyone are treated fairly for each deal/offer. Until they start to ask for student price and questions they asked will lead to nowhere.
    Last edited by jnet6; 8th February 2009 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cutecdo View Post
    Hi all, I hope this thread will not cast a bad light on students who's honest and genuinely need certain equipments for their photography.

I've have no knowledge that Bluspoon is a student and i condemn him only because of the way he conducted himself in the arrangement and the eventual no show of the lens viewing with me.

I have noticed that he is still posting in the Buy/Sell forum, thus i would like to remind users to be careful when dealing with him.

Not ALL students have rotten hearts and intentions.

Look at it this way: at least you just got played out and didn't loose anything other than time.

Unfortunately, CS classifieds are not controlled and there's no enforced feedback system. I've heard it said many times, about how difficult it is to police a forum classified, but I've seen it done on one of America's largest forums with several hundred thousand members and where a huge volume of American and international trade occurs, and it works very well.

Besides just looking out for rotten traders, be mindful that when photographers meet up for whatever reason, there is usually some or a lot of equipment lying around. Some people have experienced others trying to SWITCH identical old or older version items for brand new or newer ones when no ones looking. Or they just directly outright STEAL from the table or your bag.

I've almost had it happen to me a long time ago when I was selling stuff, but thanks to the kind heartedness of another photographer who alerted me to one browser's dishonesty, I kept all my gear away when that person was around.

You know how it gets when there's a lot of equipment lying around and we're chit-chatting, and some folks appear to be really friendly and earnest. They DISTRACT with a lot of chit-chat and the knowledge that us guys like to talk about equipment and stuff and offer advise and opinions etc, and that's when they strike! One CSer actually experienced this before at an outing, but it can also easily happen at a buy/sell meet up: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...my+lens+swaped

So, on the whole, always be ALERT when dealing with people you don't know well.
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 8th February 2009 at 02:17 PM.

Personally, I won't really care whether the buyer is a student or not, cause:

1. Alot of kids nowdays have loads to money from parents to spend stuff on.

2. If that student can't afford to buy a camera/lens, then don't buy it... I don't even have enough pocket money for food during recess during my sec school times... I just make do with what I have and not buy unnecessarily. They should learn to save money.

oh dear.. that is a cheat!

Quote Originally Posted by lypklypk View Post

2. If that student can't afford to buy a camera/lens, then don't buy it... I don't even have enough pocket money for food during recess during my sec school times... I just make do with what I have and not buy unnecessarily. They should learn to save money.
    I second to this...

Quote Originally Posted by lypklypk View Post

Heck! Most students I've met have waayyyyy more disposable income than most of us working adults for their toys!

Come to me and say you're poor, I'll ask why you need to buy photo equipment, since you don't make a living from it.

Still wanna bargain saying you're a poor student, can. Just show me your parents and all working adults' pay slips and income tax returns for the previous year as well as proof of what kind of property you live in.

See, no need to be prejudiced against students!

Students or not students, I don't feel that its right that we spend more than we can afford for any hobby.

If cannot afford, simply don't spend.

Well, the thing is, we live in a free-trade world here, so to speak, so generally, it's not our place to say what should or should not be spent and by whom for what ever reasons, I guess, other than say spending money for drugs or some other form of detrimental addictions like gambling, but we do have a right to our opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    Students or not students, I don't feel that its right that we spend more than we can afford for any hobby.

If cannot afford, simply don't spend.
    Ya...being a student (uni) myself, i have to scrimp and save and teach tuition to earn enough to buy. Even so, the choice of purchase have to be well thought out over MONTHS...but the satisfaction is so great!

I've seen my fair share of younger students (eg, secondary school) going to their parents for money to buy those high end gears like f2.8 lenses and pro bodies but end up shooting crap.

Edit: I mean...i'm sure some are students really interested in photography but do you really need to overspent (your parents money) to get those high end gears? My bottomline is, spend responsibly.
    Last edited by tkbonz; 8th February 2009 at 02:31 PM.
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

Look at it this way: at least you just got played out and didn't loose anything other than time.

Unfortunately, CS classifieds are not controlled and there's no enforced feedback system. I've heard it said many times, about how difficult it is to police a forum classified, but I've seen it done on one of America's largest forums with several hundred thousand members and where a huge volume of American and international trade occurs, and it works very well.

Besides just looking out for rotten traders, be mindful that when photographers meet up for whatever reason, there is usually some or a lot of equipment lying around. Some people have experienced others trying to SWITCH identical old or older version items for brand new or newer ones when no ones looking. Or they just directly outright STEAL from the table or your bag.

I've almost had it happen to me a long time ago when I was selling stuff, but thanks to the kind heartedness of another photographer who alerted me to one browser's dishonesty, I kept all my gear away when that person was around.

You know how it gets when there's a lot of equipment lying around and we're chit-chatting, and some folks appear to be really friendly and earnest. They DISTRACT with a lot of chit-chat and the knowledge that us guys like to talk about equipment and stuff and offer advise and opinions etc, and that's when they strike! One CSer actually experienced this before at an outing, but it can also easily happen at a buy/sell meet up: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...my+lens+swaped

Yup...i'm glad that i never actually done any trading with him.

As for the swapping and stealing part, i dun think anyone would want to do that with me..
    11 years in the SAF have taught me to take care and secure my equipment well

Quote Originally Posted by cutecdo View Post
    Yup...i'm glad that i never actually done any trading with him.

As for the swapping and stealing part, i dun think anyone would want to do that with me..
    11 years in the SAF have taught me to take care and secure my equipment well
    for you.

But I believe, from all the meetings and gatherings that I've been to, that most (not all) photographers are generally decent people, and they might not be on ALERT or be weary of cheats, thieves and conmen, regardless of age or occupation because some of these guys are really 'innocent-face' and chit-chatty and friendly. Some may not even strike at the first meeting, but after several outings.

for you.

But I believe, from all the meetings and gatherings that I've been to, that most (not all) photographers are generally decent people, and they might not be on ALERT or be weary of cheats, thieves and conmen, regardless of age or occupation because some of these guys are really 'innocent-face' and chit-chatty and friendly. Some may not even strike at the first meeting, but after several outings.

I agree with you on this... The best we can do is to remain vigilant when out shooting

For the swapping issue, just bring whatever gear you need necessary to test out the item of purchase...don't need to bring the rest of your house to test or show off...
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

Quote Originally Posted by tkbonz View Post
    For the swapping issue, just bring whatever gear you need necessary to test out the item of purchase...don't need to bring the rest of your house to test or show off...
    Good advise!

But the swapping thing is not just an issue, but may be a criminal offence IIRC, and sometimes, sellers or even buyers bring out many items because they want to try to sell more, trade, or have multiple appointments lined-up. Some items require a wide array of boxes and accessories. The list goes on ...

Also, it's not restricted to trade meetings along.

Just be cautious at any outings.
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 8th February 2009 at 03:03 PM.

Wow this swapping of lens thing is like those people putting balls underneath cups and let you choose the cup, Mr QuickHands indeed! Thanks for the heads-up. I'm glad I stick Dymo tape on all my stuff to differentiate. People who managed to steal and run away still can peel it off, but it will help deter people like Mr QuickHands and I can identify my stuff quickly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast