Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shopping at World Camera, Peninsula Plaza? Any comments?

Default Re: Shopping at World Camera, Peninsula Plaza? Any comments?

I bought my first prouser digital camera there actually: a Minolta Dimage 7 in 2001. Didn't know about Clubsnap back then (was it around to begin with?). But the purchase was OK, though I found their sales knowledge about photography not that great.

But year, in the following years, there sure has been a lot of negative publicity about this shop here.

I'd not shop there, been there once but luckily I already knew the relative market price of the item. Wanted to charge me something like double the price and also sell me something I'd have no use for. I will recommend that you do your market research about the items you want first and be wise to the freebie or add on trick. Buy specific items at their specific price and maybe ask for a discount off the total bill rather than get freebies of which you don't know the value of so that you won't have stuff you dont need or regert buying.
    5D MII w/16-35L,Sigma 28-70&Nikkors(35f2,85f1.4,105f2.5,180f2.8ED)

I wouldn't recommend the shop, but if you are confident, why not? As long as its a fair and decent deal, I don't see a huge problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12