Thread: Studio Model Shoot - BYOM

Default Studio Model Shoot - BYOM

Hi, I would like to organize a event which is common in the USA. It is called BYOM (Bring Your Own Model). In this kind of event, every photographer brings along his/her own model friend at no cost, then the model friend becomes the studio model and ALL the photographers can shoot and share the studio experience. The model friend will also get the experience and exposure of being photographed by different photographers, so she will not get bored with 1 style of photographer. (We all have our own style of shooting, right?) In addition, my team can also demonstrate some basic posing techniques for the models to learn to pose.

As a bonus, if there are enough participants/photographers, we can also share the cost and hire a pro make-up artist.

Anyone interested? I am thinking of organizing this event during the long Deepavali weekend holidays. And each participants/photographers pay $30 to cover the cost of the studio.

PS, my studio has a outdoor garden/balcony/playground, so we can also try outdoor shoot as well, subject to weather condition.

Question

does yr studio provides lightings, background,etc If yes, some details pls. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    does yr studio provides lightings, background,etc If yes, some details pls. thanks
    Yes my studio has the following equipment:
    - 3 Bowens flash (2x500W & 1x1KW)
    - 4 colour backdrop paper (black, white, grey, blue)
    - many light accessories (snoot, barn door, etc)
    - many props (table, chair, fan, flower, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    If a studio does not have the above items, it won't be called a studio.
    Do a search for Astin's threads and you can even see his gallery to get a look at the work done.

yo astin...this is interesting? any special requirement? wat if i bring a make-up artist.....can i forget about the model?

Quote Originally Posted by nostalgia
    yo astin...this is interesting? any special requirement? wat if i bring a make-up artist.....can i forget about the model?
    If you bring your own make-up artist, then you dont need to bring your own model. And I also dont need to bother to find make-up artist. So this event will become BYOM+A.

Newman, thanks for helping me to explain.