Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3678910 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 234

Thread: Loving Sigma 50mm f1.4 HSM

  1. #141

    Default Re: Loving Sigma 50mm f1.4 HSM

    Quote Originally Posted by B-setting View Post
    how is this sigma beauty compared with the nikkor AF-D 50mm f/1.4?
    You can go read dpreview. They did a comparison on most 50mm f1.4

    http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews/sigma_50_1p4_c16/

  2. #142
    Senior Member B-setting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Equator
    Posts
    2,444

    Default Re: Loving Sigma 50mm f1.4 HSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Oshkosh View Post
    You can go read dpreview. They did a comparison on most 50mm f1.4

    http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews/sigma_50_1p4_c16/
    thnks for the link.

    i am wondering..

    if you blow up a dark area of the picture (night scene) at 100% in RAW, do you see graininess at all? i mean with ISO 200 at f/1.4 wide open?

    pls let me know your opinion if you have tried the above setting. i used a Nikkor MF 50mm f/1.4 at ISO 200, wide open, and i noticed graininess in the dark portion of the pic. not to the extend to be called noise that we see in high ISO, but still discernible when blown up to 100% in RAW.

    is this normal?

  3. #143

    Default Re: Loving Sigma 50mm f1.4 HSM

    Quote Originally Posted by B-setting View Post
    thnks for the link.

    i am wondering..

    if you blow up a dark area of the picture (night scene) at 100% in RAW, do you see graininess at all? i mean with ISO 200 at f/1.4 wide open?

    pls let me know your opinion if you have tried the above setting. i used a Nikkor MF 50mm f/1.4 at ISO 200, wide open, and i noticed graininess in the dark portion of the pic. not to the extend to be called noise that we see in high ISO, but still discernible when blown up to 100% in RAW.

    is this normal?
    Never did cx. If there's opportunity I'll look into it.

  4. #144

    Default Re: Loving Sigma 50mm f1.4 HSM

    Pic 29

    In monochrome


  5. #145

    Default Re: Loving Sigma 50mm f1.4 HSM

    Pic 30

    Titled: Love story


  6. #146
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,081

    Default Re: Loving Sigma 50mm f1.4 HSM

    Quote Originally Posted by B-setting View Post
    thnks for the link.

    i am wondering..

    if you blow up a dark area of the picture (night scene) at 100% in RAW, do you see graininess at all? i mean with ISO 200 at f/1.4 wide open?

    pls let me know your opinion if you have tried the above setting. i used a Nikkor MF 50mm f/1.4 at ISO 200, wide open, and i noticed graininess in the dark portion of the pic. not to the extend to be called noise that we see in high ISO, but still discernible when blown up to 100% in RAW.

    is this normal?
    The noise shows up due to underexposure in the dark areas of your frame. If what you are referring to is what I have in mind (as picture below), it doesn't have anything to do with the lens you are using

    Last edited by swishbrade; 29th March 2009 at 04:35 PM.
    Stop Shopp'in Start Shoot'in
    What's in my Flickr?

  7. #147
    Senior Member B-setting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Equator
    Posts
    2,444

    Default Re: Loving Sigma 50mm f1.4 HSM

    Quote Originally Posted by swishbrade View Post
    The noise shows up due to underexposure in the dark areas of your frame. If what you are referring to is what I have in mind (as picture below), it doesn't have anything to do with the lens you are using
    thnks for reply. if it is indeed a case of underexposure, i should think it is normal, because it is hard to get the "perfect" exposure using a MF. everything is like a guessing game in 3 variables, weel, 2 actually, since the aperture was fixed at 1.4.


  8. #148

    Default Re: Loving Sigma 50mm f1.4 HSM

    Pic 31

    Titled: Cactus in vogue


  9. #149
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,081

    Default Re: Loving Sigma 50mm f1.4 HSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Oshkosh View Post
    Pic 31

    Titled: Cactus in vogue

    Nice one Oshkosh! Good play on colours.
    Stop Shopp'in Start Shoot'in
    What's in my Flickr?

  10. #150

    Default Re: Loving Sigma 50mm f1.4 HSM

    Thanks Swishbrade.

  11. #151

    Default Re: Loving Sigma 50mm f1.4 HSM

    Pic 32

    Titled: The Stone has eye


  12. #152
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,081

    Default Re: Loving Sigma 50mm f1.4 HSM

    I like how this lens allows the subject to pop out from the background. And the sharpness when opened wide.....

    Stop Shopp'in Start Shoot'in
    What's in my Flickr?

  13. #153

    Default Re: Loving Sigma 50mm f1.4 HSM

    Pic 33

    Titled: Afternooon Rain


  14. #154
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,081

    Default Re: Loving Sigma 50mm f1.4 HSM

    One from a walk with some buddies this afternoon. The lens wide open renders a great 3D effect to the picture.
    Last edited by swishbrade; 12th April 2009 at 04:38 AM.
    Stop Shopp'in Start Shoot'in
    What's in my Flickr?

  15. #155

    Default Re: Loving Sigma 50mm f1.4 HSM

    Guys, I just got myself this lens and it makes quite a loud screeching sound when it's focusing. Like when you screw on a not-so-smooth filter onto the lens.

    Is this normal?

  16. #156

    Default Re: Loving Sigma 50mm f1.4 HSM

    Quote Originally Posted by eeepee View Post
    Guys, I just got myself this lens and it makes quite a loud screeching sound when it's focusing. Like when you screw on a not-so-smooth filter onto the lens.

    Is this normal?
    Loud screeching sound? I don't think its normal. My copy don't make much sound actually. "Sound" if there's any, normal as per any other lens - didn't notice at all. So if yours with a loud screeching sound that clearly bothers you, maybe you should have it check it up.

  17. #157

    Default Re: Loving Sigma 50mm f1.4 HSM

    Quote Originally Posted by swishbrade View Post
    One from a walk with some buddies this afternoon. The lens wide open renders a great 3D effect to the picture.
    Swishbrade, very nice pic this one. FF does make a world of difference. Noticed you using it on Mark 5D.

  18. #158
    Senior Member TheChef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the action is
    Posts
    2,304

    Default Re: Loving Sigma 50mm f1.4 HSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Oshkosh View Post
    Swishbrade, very nice pic this one. FF does make a world of difference. Noticed you using it on Mark 5D.
    Sweet. This will be my main lens besides the 85mm once I upgrade to FX.
    S5Pro|S3Pro|D50|16-85VR2|70-200VR|80-400VR|S50f1.4|105f2|135f2|SB900|SB80DX

  19. #159

    Default Re: Loving Sigma 50mm f1.4 HSM

    Quote Originally Posted by eeepee View Post
    Guys, I just got myself this lens and it makes quite a loud screeching sound when it's focusing. Like when you screw on a not-so-smooth filter onto the lens.

    Is this normal?
    sounds bad. hsm motor too dry
    pedantic.

  20. #160
    Member skipbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    123

    Default Re: Loving Sigma 50mm f1.4 HSM

    TWO words! SWEET LENSE!!!

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3678910 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •