Thread: Is Obama barking up the wrong tree?

Default Is Obama barking up the wrong tree?

mmm....

Obama just limit the executive compensation to 500k.... his logic is that "What gets people upset - and rightfully so - are executives being rewarded for failure, especially when those rewards are subsidised by US taxpayers,"

I dun get it. I thought all those people who made all the mistakes (2-4 years back) are all gone. Most of the banks has new CEOs who just got on board in the past year....

He is punishing these new guys who are trying to right the disaster left behind by all those previous CEOs who took/con away all the money. 500k/annum to run citibank????? I think that is less that some of the admin staff we have in singapore

Crazy lah. He should spend some effort in trying to claw back some money from those people who was in charge 2-4 years ago.

Examples, Merill lynch: Stan Oneal + citibank: Charles Prince both run away in Nov 2007 after years in charge during the fake boom times.
    Last edited by pisduck; 5th February 2009 at 05:55 PM.

Default Re: Is Obama barking up the wrong tree?

Quote Originally Posted by pisduck View Post
    mmm....

Obama just limit the executive compensation to 500k.... his logic is that "What gets people upset - and rightfully so - are executives being rewarded for failure, especially when those rewards are subsidised by US taxpayers,"

I dun get it. I thought all those people who made all the mistakes (2-4 years back) are all gone. Most of the banks has new CEOs who just got on board in the past year....

He is punishing these new guys who are trying to right the disaster left behind by all those previous CEOs who took/con away all the money. 500k/annum to run citibank????? I think that is less that some of the admin staff we have in singapore

Crazy lah. He should spend some effort in trying to claw back some money from those people who was in charge 2-4 years ago.
    Please don't insult obama, he is the chosen one.

crazy lor...

they paid all the kuku CEOs during 2003-2007 many many MILLIONS for bringing the entire finiancial sector to its knees and now they want to limit the pay of those who are trying to right all the "****" left behind 500k???

got logic meh? it is totally not logical. How can they not see it?

Quote Originally Posted by pisduck View Post
    crazy lor...

they paid all the kuku CEOs during 2003-2007 many many MILLIONS for bringing the entire finiancial sector to its knees and now they want to limit the pay of those who are trying to right all the "****" left behind 500k???

got logic meh? it is totally not logical. How can they not see it?
    Whats wrong with 500k? they should be happy they even have a job. It's 500k USD bro. Its more than what obama makes in a year.

Why are we discussing politics here?
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Why are we discussing politics here?
    Why not?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by simranjits View Post
    Why not?
    Because the Term of Use in CS stated so. See point #3 there.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63954

I will suggest to all to read, understand and agree to the Term of Use in Clubsnap. If anyone do not agree to term of use then please leave. Thank You

Thread Closed