Thread: Old man cycle (Pulau Ubin)

Default Old man cycle (Pulau Ubin)

Hi all,

I took this when i was at Pulau Ubin on Friday. No editing has been done just convert to RGB, below is the link to the image

http://www.pbase.com/image/21986966/large

all comments are welcome.

Cheers,
    Henry
    Last edited by ammox77; 5th October 2003 at 11:38 PM.

Looks eerie..... oops, pardon a newbie's comment. But what made you want to take it a slow shutter with fixed background instead of panning it?

Woah! Good example of how not to take a moving subject.
    Can't even tell if it's a circus bear on a bike much less an old man. You should have pan your subject and used a wider aperture.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman
    Woah! Good example of how not to take a moving subject.
    Can't even tell if it's a circus bear on a bike much less an old man. You should have pan your subject and used a wider aperture.
    ithink he knew what to do but now he is trying to portray in a different manner

Quote Originally Posted by green_leaf
    ithink he knew what to do but now he is trying to portray in a different manner
    Yeap, i'm just trying out new things, i actually wanted to try to take some kids or a motor cyclist just pass by at those shop houses at Pulau Ubin (Same idea as the Jack Neo Chinese movie "Home Run" movie poster) but then....not a single thing...then when i start walking to the those cycling track there is old man cycling so i just have a fast set up my camera and snap snap hehehe
    Last edited by ammox77; 6th October 2003 at 12:23 AM.

the idea is there but the fella is too blur.
    maybe if you had used a slightly faster shutter and couple it with rear sync, that would make it a little better. to get your "homerun" effect.

Quote Originally Posted by sequitur
    the idea is there but the fella is too blur.
    maybe if you had used a slightly faster shutter and couple it with rear sync, that would make it a little better. to get your "homerun" effect.
    hehehehe thank you will try to do this again