Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Do they have this kind of GND filters?

  1. #1

    Question Do they have this kind of GND filters?

    I use a Tianya GND filter for landscape but I realize most of the time, the light difference between ground and sky are 4 stops and more, however Tianya can give 2 stops gradual change?

    Does tianya carry this kind of hard edge GND with ~0, and -4 stops respectively?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graduat...density_filter
    Last edited by dRebelXT; 5th February 2009 at 09:25 AM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Do they have this kind of GND filters?

    one alternative is to use two pieces back to back..your easiest alternative..yupz
    Nikonian!
    ~Jon's~

  3. #3

    Default Re: Do they have this kind of GND filters?

    Quote Originally Posted by tanjonhan View Post
    one alternative is to use two pieces back to back..your easiest alternative..yupz
    risk vignetting, i would think.

    TS - no, i don't think tianya has anything other than a standard gnd template, but i might be wrong. if you want better variety, you will have to switch to more expensive brands like cokin at the least (colorcast), or lee/ singh ray.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Do they have this kind of GND filters?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    risk vignetting, i would think.

    TS - no, i don't think tianya has anything other than a standard gnd template, but i might be wrong. if you want better variety, you will have to switch to more expensive brands like cokin at the least (colorcast), or lee/ singh ray.
    in what sense colorcast?
    I was thinking of upgrading my Tian Ya because I heard cokin does not scratch as easy and its clearer ... true or not? Im now confused.

  5. #5
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Do they have this kind of GND filters?

    Quote Originally Posted by WINDyx View Post
    in what sense colorcast?
    I was thinking of upgrading my Tian Ya because I heard cokin does not scratch as easy and its clearer ... true or not? Im now confused.
    Although supposedly neutral density, some of the cheaper filters ended up adding a slight hue to the area they are suppose to darken.

    Some of the more expensive brands are suppose to be more color neutral and not impart that color cast in that sense.

    How much you want to spend on the perceived quality is subjective.

    Meanwhile if you need a higher density, u can always get another e.g +4 filter in the case you mentioned.

    Ryan

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •