Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Website advice needed

  1. #1

    Default Website advice needed

    I notice that some of you have your own website, with nice domain name and email. Currently I am using Yahoo! Geocities service, but they have changed their policy recently not to allow user to FTP and limited webspace of 15MB. Thus, I am thinking of having my own website with my own desired domain name and email address.

    My question are:
    1. How much do I need to spend a year to maintain the website?
    2. Any initial cost?
    3. Can you recommend a good place to register?
    4. What's the process?
    5. If the cost is high, can I share with someone? Anybody wanna share?

    I notice that Yahoo! Geocities is having the rate of US$11.xx per year for a 25Mb of space, FTP access, 10 email account, free domain name, no advertisment...etc. Is this good? Thanks.
    DR KOH KHO KING

  2. #2

    Default Re: Website advice needed

    Originally posted by Kho King
    I notice that some of you have your own website, with nice domain name and email. Currently I am using Yahoo! Geocities service, but they have changed their policy recently not to allow user to FTP and limited webspace of 15MB. Thus, I am thinking of having my own website with my own desired domain name and email address.

    My question are:
    1. How much do I need to spend a year to maintain the website?
    2. Any initial cost?
    3. Can you recommend a good place to register?
    4. What's the process?
    5. If the cost is high, can I share with someone? Anybody wanna share?

    I notice that Yahoo! Geocities is having the rate of US$11.xx per year for a 25Mb of space, FTP access, 10 email account, free domain name, no advertisment...etc. Is this good? Thanks.
    the one I'm using is quite cheap:
    1) S$28 a year for doman registration, S$10 a month for webspace (50mb)
    2) no other costs. And contract is monthly, so you can terminate any month
    3) www.sgdomain.com
    4) just register, provide your CC number. Account will be activated in 1-2 days.

    alternatively...ask clubsnap for a subdomain with your nick lor..hehheh

  3. #3

    Default

    Actually, you can still pretty much have your own for free but with a little limitation.

    For web space, try: http://homex.coolconnect.com/

    This provides 25MB web space on S'pore ONE. Very fast. Only quirk is: recently they added an automatic pop up ad.

    For a nicer domain name, try: http://www.has.it/home.php

    They have a few domains that you could probably still find nice short ones.

    Hope this helps.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,292

    Default Re: Re: Website advice needed

    Originally posted by Tweek


    alternatively...ask clubsnap for a subdomain with your nick lor..hehheh
    I think it is a good idea, I don't mind paying a monthly subscription to ClubSnap. But of course, there are bandwidth to consider...

  5. #5

    Default Re: Re: Re: Website advice needed

    Originally posted by Goondu


    I think it is a good idea, I don't mind paying a monthly subscription to ClubSnap. But of course, there are bandwidth to consider...
    Clupsnap...clubsnap...are you listening? I am ready for your reply and answer...
    DR KOH KHO KING

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,292

    Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Website advice needed

    Originally posted by Kho King


    Clupsnap...clubsnap...are you listening? I am ready for your reply and answer...
    Better start a new thread at the Suggestion Box.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Bukit Batok West Avenue 2
    Posts
    1,734

    Default

    If club snap is going to provide space... I don't mind paying...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •